Little mermaid!

overthemoonboy
#50re: Little mermaid!
Posted: 7/25/07 at 8:14pm

Actually, in the Anderson version, I believe her hair was black.

Elphie3 Profile Photo
Elphie3
#51re: Little mermaid!
Posted: 7/25/07 at 8:22pm

I think she had brunette or black hair in the original.

I don't have too much of a problem with the wig. Keep in mind in the movie her hair was moving "underwater" - it wouldn't flow the same way on "dry land" i.e - a theater

And I agree about having to have it pulled back.

Madame Morrible: "So you take the chicken, now it must be a white chicken. The corpse can be any color. And that is the spell for lost luggage!" - The Yellow Brick Road Not Taken

misschung
#52re: Little mermaid!
Posted: 7/25/07 at 8:22pm

Was it? I don't remember what her hair color was, I know she had blue eyes, lol

The morning star always gets wonderful bright the minute before it has to go --doesn't it?

BroadwayEnthusiast2 Profile Photo
BroadwayEnthusiast2
#53re: Little mermaid!
Posted: 7/25/07 at 8:27pm

She had brown hair in the original.

EDIT:She

"I mean, sitting side by side with another man watching Patti LuPone play Rose in GYPSY on Broadway is essentially the equivalent of having hardcore sex." -Wanna Be A Foster. "Say 'Goody.' Say 'Bubbi.'" ... "That's it. Exactly as if it were 'Goody.' Now I know you're gonna sing 'Goody' this time, but nevertheless..."
Updated On: 7/25/07 at 08:27 PM

Act4ever Profile Photo
Act4ever
#54re: Little mermaid!
Posted: 7/25/07 at 8:33pm

Either way, that's red hair. Ariel has red hair. The "red" in the movie is a charicature of red and is over the top so that we know she has red hair. But that wig is perfectly true to life -- we're not in a cartoon...

Rose_MacShane Profile Photo
Rose_MacShane
#55re: Little mermaid!
Posted: 7/25/07 at 9:47pm

Thanks, misschung! Good to know.

Incidentally: In the version illustrated by Chihiro Iwasaki, her hair was white.

http://community.livejournal.com/ltd_brands_suck/

misschung
#56re: Little mermaid!
Posted: 7/25/07 at 10:21pm

White hair? Interesting. I dont think I've seen that version.

The morning star always gets wonderful bright the minute before it has to go --doesn't it?

TheFriarsDruggist Profile Photo
TheFriarsDruggist
#57re: Little mermaid!
Posted: 7/25/07 at 10:24pm

In 24 hours I'll be watching this...

"I am the Phantom of the Opera! I'm the gayest supervillian ever! OoooOOOooooOOOoooh...Beware of my scented candles...OoooOOOooooh...Scented!"

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#58re: Little mermaid!
Posted: 7/25/07 at 10:52pm

Uh-OH Brody...buzzzzzzzz

ETA: Brody, when can we expect the close-to-professional videos of "The Little Mermaid?" Can we expect one for the Out-of-Town and then on Broadway, in the case that there are major revisions (song change, etc.)? What if a song is replaced in the middle of B'Way previews, or in the middle of the Denver run? Can we expect emergency second-visits in such a case? How prepared are you to comment on such subjects? Will this be shot in Full or Widescreen? Will you use THX Digital Surround Sound? Will it be available in HD DVD and/or Blu-Ray disc? What about for PSP or VHS (the latter so that we can watch with our Grandparents)?

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME.

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/
Updated On: 7/25/07 at 10:52 PM

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#59Little Mermaid
Posted: 7/25/07 at 11:01pm

I'm so excited already!!!!

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

FutureAladdinOnB'Way
#59Little Mermaid
Posted: 7/25/07 at 11:16pm

I like the wig, but her hair I think was fine the way it was...

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#60Little Mermaid
Posted: 7/25/07 at 11:21pm

^Even Laura Bell Bundy and Kerry Butler wear blonde wigs.

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

FutureAladdinOnB'Way
#61Little Mermaid
Posted: 7/25/07 at 11:22pm

^True..

misschung
#62Little Mermaid
Posted: 7/25/07 at 11:25pm

Wigs make life easier. Is that her natural color?

Updated On: 7/25/07 at 11:25 PM

FutureAladdinOnB'Way
#63Little Mermaid
Posted: 7/25/07 at 11:26pm

I do believe that is her natural color..

MerMaggieGalinda
#64Little Mermaid
Posted: 7/25/07 at 11:30pm

I think her hair is a bit darker than the color of her wig(or maybe it's just me) but yeah, having a wig will be much more convient for her. Heck Lea Michele even has a wig for SA that is exaclty like her real hair, color and all. Plus I don't think Sierra's hair is naturally red. In some pictures you can see the dark brown roots of her hair.
Updated On: 7/25/07 at 11:30 PM

overthemoonboy
#65Little Mermaid
Posted: 7/26/07 at 12:34pm

I can't wait for reviews tonight/tomorow!!

husk_charmer
#66Little Mermaid
Posted: 7/26/07 at 12:50pm

There's a quasi press photo on Playbill.com...but she isn't in the wig, and seems to be in a purple tank top...

http://www.youtube.com/huskcharmer

MerMaggieGalinda
#67Little Mermaid
Posted: 7/26/07 at 1:04pm

I think that's just a rehearsal photo-it's on Sierra's myspace too along with one of her and Sean Palmer dancing.

joe5 Profile Photo
joe5
#68Little Mermaid
Posted: 7/26/07 at 1:08pm

Hey, I can't wait to hear how people feel about the show. I really don't think a review is needed at this point. I'm just excited to hear. If it comes off well on stage. I have my tickets for Nov........................

*brina-doll* Profile Photo
*brina-doll*
#69Little Mermaid
Posted: 7/26/07 at 1:46pm

I think her hair is naturally brunette, there were some picture of her at the Phantom Las Vegas premiere with her hair that color not red.

Your aspirations are your possibilities-Samuel Johnson (and a little help from nomdeplume)

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#69Little Mermaid
Posted: 7/26/07 at 2:02pm

I can't wait to hear the actual singing and see the costumes and dancing!!! Though I may have to see it on Broadway, God willing. I hope one day I can see it.

Act4ever Profile Photo
Act4ever
#70Little Mermaid
Posted: 7/26/07 at 2:13pm

there are more rehearsal photos here: http://disney.go.com/theatre/thelittlemermaid/index.html#scrapbook

caitlinette Profile Photo
caitlinette
#71Little Mermaid
Posted: 7/26/07 at 11:02pm

Are you saying it doesnt look striking enough, since the movie Ariel had that really, really red hair that was almost like her signature? Maybe part of their motivation was that it will be easy to transform her from the "mermaid" Ariel to the human Ariel with this hair style? I dont know. Also, they have made it clear that the musical won't be a carbon copy of the movie, so that probably has something to do with it too.

I think that's what I meant, yes, that it doesn't really strike you as being Ariel because in the movie she had really true red hair. I also see others' points that that hair color on a real person would look silly. I don't know how they could make hair like that look real on stage anyway. I guess I was hoping it would work somehow, but hey.

misschung
#72Little Mermaid
Posted: 7/26/07 at 11:19pm

I know what you mean.

This has definitely been answered before, but I can't find the answer - whose voice is that on the Little Mermaid website?

Also, I didn't know that tickets went on sale already for non-Visa card holders.

Updated On: 7/26/07 at 11:19 PM

Videos