pixeltracker

Disney Movies You Wish Would Be Musicals- Page 3

Disney Movies You Wish Would Be Musicals

masterthes
#50re: Disney Movies You Wish Would Be Musicals
Posted: 8/28/07 at 6:23pm

Bedknobs and Broomsticks without a doubt. Just add a few more tunes, and you're all set.

ragdoll4390 Profile Photo
ragdoll4390
#51re: Disney Movies You Wish Would Be Musicals
Posted: 8/28/07 at 6:26pm

I would love to see Hunchback or Hercules

choose to be happy:0)-Grey Gardens

gypsy4
#52re: Disney Movies You Wish Would Be Musicals
Posted: 8/28/07 at 6:34pm

tinkerscam
we have know fly space either but are stage is quite big its a pull out stage.and alot of are orchestra members are students and teachers. even are musical director plays the piano for the shows.and are auditions are offerd to the entire shool body any one can try out that goes to our school and we get up to a cast of 30 in the past years they have done an original version of
the hobbitt

Updated On: 8/28/07 at 06:34 PM

whatever2
#53re: Disney Movies You Wish Would Be Musicals
Posted: 8/28/07 at 6:35pm

Tron.

:P

seriously, i saw Glockner in berlin 6 or 7 years ago, too -- far more creative and entertaining than anything disney has tried to cram down our throats on this side of the pond since its brilliant Lion King christened it's new "home" on the Great White Way a decade ago.

(i dont know *what* the earlier poster who panned it was talking about ...)

the fact that disney wont bring hunchback here (the books in the pit were in ENGLISH, for godssakes) is all the proof the disney-bashing posters need to make their case, imho.

disney theatricals REALLY needs to redeem itself!

"You, sir, are a moron." (PlayItAgain)

WickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
#54re: Disney Movies You Wish Would Be Musicals
Posted: 8/28/07 at 6:38pm

Escape From Witch Mountain

A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'

gypsy4
#55re: Disney Movies You Wish Would Be Musicals
Posted: 8/28/07 at 6:39pm

the grerman production of derglockner did look stunning but almost the entire set was projections
Updated On: 8/28/07 at 06:39 PM

whatever2
#56re: Disney Movies You Wish Would Be Musicals
Posted: 8/28/07 at 6:41pm

White Wilderness.

(the 1950s nature film where they tricked lemmings into jumping off cliffs.)

whatever2
#57re: Disney Movies You Wish Would Be Musicals
Posted: 8/28/07 at 6:43pm

i think "almost the entire set" is hyperbole.

they mixed sets w/ projection way more effectively than, say, woman in white did. =:o

WickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
#58re: Disney Movies You Wish Would Be Musicals
Posted: 8/28/07 at 6:46pm

The Impossible Journey Great costumes and the sets.....

A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'

candydog2
#59re: Disney Movies You Wish Would Be Musicals
Posted: 8/28/07 at 7:12pm

Glad so many people agree about Bedknobs and Broomsticks, I was just watching it today when I remembered just how good it was!

The scenes with the flying bed could be hard to do - but to have the bed flying above the stage with bright lights flashing in different colours on stage could portray the "flight" quite well. Of course, like Mary Poppins, certain scenes may be cut and new ones added in, but it would still be amazing. Especially the "Portabello Road" sequence, it would be the real dance number of the show, but may have to be sped up and re-written a little, the original isn't too lively considering it's the real "dance" song of the movie.

And the frequent transformations from Human to rabbit could cause problems, but hey, this is Disney!

AvenueQResident Profile Photo
AvenueQResident
#60re: Disney Movies You Wish Would Be Musicals
Posted: 8/28/07 at 7:21pm

The Nightmare before Christmas would look so sexy on stage. I wouldn't be surprised if Aladdin was currently in the works.

Everything in life...is only for now.

bwaygall411
#61re: Disney Movies You Wish Would Be Musicals
Posted: 8/28/07 at 7:30pm

Hercules and Pocahauntus (sp?)

gypsy4
#62re: Disney Movies You Wish Would Be Musicals
Posted: 8/28/07 at 7:36pm

i wouldn't be surprise if aladdin wasn't in the works either they already have an amazing stage show at dca that gives them plenty of material to start with.i bet yah thats an earlier workshop.

Broadwayboy2631 Profile Photo
Broadwayboy2631
#63re: Disney Movies You Wish Would Be Musicals
Posted: 8/28/07 at 8:17pm

Newsies!

Adam Chris Profile Photo
Adam Chris
#64re: Disney Movies You Wish Would Be Musicals
Posted: 8/28/07 at 8:29pm

The Cat From Outer Space.

Hmmm, nevermind.

Pascal/Menzel/Bundy Profile Photo
Pascal/Menzel/Bundy
#65re: Disney Movies You Wish Would Be Musicals
Posted: 10/12/07 at 8:59pm

Hercules and Aladdin? I never would have thought of those two but man i like the sound of it! I'd see them both.

I have a soft spot for Cinderella...not sure if it'd work on stage though...maybe?

"It means nothing to come and sit in a theater night after night and immerse yourself in fantasy, only then to walk out the door and be unchanged in reality. This show will live on in our hearts. But where it truly must survive is in our actions, our compassion and our generousity of spirit towards one another." - Adam Pascal on the closing of RENT

fnyboi88 Profile Photo
fnyboi88
#66re: Disney Movies You Wish Would Be Musicals
Posted: 10/13/07 at 12:02am

To Gypsy4, a while back in this thread you said Disney should do a stage version of Geppetto. They arlready did that, well Disney didn't produce it, but it was made into a stage musical, Stephen Schwartz worked on it and then it premiered at The Coterie Theatre in Kansas City, Missouri.
Geppetto and Son A New Stage Musical link

Broadway Shows I've Seen: Hairspray, Chicago, Little Shop of Horrors (2003), The Wedding Singer, Spamalot, Riverdance, Rent, Beauty and the Beast, Spring Awakening, Wicked, Legally Blonde, Phantom of the Opera, Sweet Charity (revival), Drowsy Chaperone, The Lion King, Dreamgirls(2010 Tour).

Raviolisun Profile Photo
Raviolisun
#67re: Disney Movies You Wish Would Be Musicals
Posted: 10/13/07 at 1:55pm

As I've said before, I am all for Hercules being on stage.

One time, Patti LuPone punched me in the face...

It was awesome.
- theaterkid1015

BDrischBDemented
#68re: Disney Movies You Wish Would Be Musicals
Posted: 10/13/07 at 2:01pm

The Black Cauldron
The Three Caballeros
Cinderella III

"Your lyrics lack subtlety! You can't just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!"

dfwtheatreguy Profile Photo
dfwtheatreguy
#69re: Disney Movies You Wish Would Be Musicals
Posted: 10/13/07 at 2:45pm

Bedknobs and Broomsticks (Marin Mazie as Ms. Price)

Fantasia & Fantasia 2000

The Apple Dumpling Gang

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea

Flubber

Freaky Friday

James and the Giant Peach

The Moon-Spinners (Laura Bell in the Haley Mills role)

The North Avenue Irregulars

The Rocketeer

The Shaggy Dog, The Shaggy DA (with Norbert Leo Butz in the lead role)

Tron

Something Wicked This Way Comes!!!!!

"The theatre is so endlessly fascinating because it's so accidental. It's so much like life." - Arthur Miller

antz
#70re: Disney Movies You Wish Would Be Musicals
Posted: 10/13/07 at 7:40pm

Disney should spiff up their theme park theatrical endeavors (like Aladdin), but keep them at their theme parks...no need to take up any more theater space in NYC. Lion King will be there for another decade, I'm sure. Having said that, I do think that Bedknobs and Broomsticks would make a great stage musical for children.

gypsy4
#71re: Disney Movies You Wish Would Be Musicals
Posted: 10/13/07 at 7:47pm

ya i know about that but there needs to be a broadway production.and i think mti is devloping it for ameture
theatres.and cinderella 3 was based on a stage musical
called twice charmed.
Updated On: 10/13/07 at 07:47 PM

henryt
#72re: Disney Movies You Wish Would Be Musicals
Posted: 10/14/07 at 2:18am

Hercules
Hunchback
Mulan
The Jungle Book

Fantasia would be interesting with the Philharmonic playing live and the graphics on a screen in the background.

And ditto to Anastasia (even though it isn't Disney). Heck, it has a Broadway composing team!

Tkt2Ride Profile Photo
Tkt2Ride
#73re: Disney Movies You Wish Would Be Musicals
Posted: 10/14/07 at 5:13am

My vote for Jungle Book and Nightmare before Christmas.

I like most of Disneys Movies. I love Robin Hood but don't want them to put that on a big stage. Nice for kiddie shows though. Bedknobs and Broomsticks was good too. Though the other two are tops on my list. That and a new, improved Little Mermaid! ah well..I feel afraid just wishing for such things.

ByTheSea920 Profile Photo
ByTheSea920
#74re: Disney Movies You Wish Would Be Musicals
Posted: 10/14/07 at 4:34pm

The Princess Diaries could make a fun musical! As embarrassing as this is to admit, I actually really do love that movie! re: Disney Movies You Wish Would Be Musicals

I'd assume that Disney's next project would be Aladdin, or maybe Finding Nemo, since they already have their theme park show material to work with.
Mulan and Hunchback would make great musicals!

Honestly, Disney should take a bit of a break from Broadway though.

Videos