STRIKE TOMORROW

Elphie4ever Profile Photo
Elphie4ever
#50re: STRIKE TOMORROW
Posted: 11/10/07 at 12:08am

it was anounced on Eyewitness News and CBS about an hour ago. Its sad and I wanted to watch Young Frankenstein tommorow (i kno its not affected)

Now the Stagehands are in strike, just like the Writers Guild.. ouch for the theatre and entertainment industry...

misschung
#51re: STRIKE TOMORROW
Posted: 11/10/07 at 12:08am

Good luck to you all tomorrow

The morning star always gets wonderful bright the minute before it has to go --doesn't it?

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#52re: STRIKE TOMORROW
Posted: 11/10/07 at 12:09am

In September 1975, nine musicals shut down for 25 days after musicians went on strike over the issue of minimums.

"Zac is sweet as can be. He's very much just a sweet kid from California who happens to have a face that looks like it was drawn by Michelangelo, (if Michelangelo did anime)."
-Adam Shankman.

"I haven't left this building since Windows 3.1!"

"Celebrating a birthday this week: Rene Descartes is 412! Do you know who he is? Then why are you watching this show? You could probably get into college and even get one of those job things. As for the rest of us; Amanda Bynes is 22! Yay!"
-E!'s "The Soup"

ShbrtAlley44 Profile Photo
ShbrtAlley44
#53re: STRIKE TOMORROW
Posted: 11/10/07 at 12:09am

I'm assuming I have to show up for work tomorrow and stay there till someone tells me to leave.

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#54re: STRIKE TOMORROW
Posted: 11/10/07 at 12:10am

Good Luck Local One.

Bundle Up!

"Zac is sweet as can be. He's very much just a sweet kid from California who happens to have a face that looks like it was drawn by Michelangelo, (if Michelangelo did anime)."
-Adam Shankman.

"I haven't left this building since Windows 3.1!"

"Celebrating a birthday this week: Rene Descartes is 412! Do you know who he is? Then why are you watching this show? You could probably get into college and even get one of those job things. As for the rest of us; Amanda Bynes is 22! Yay!"
-E!'s "The Soup"

pab Profile Photo
pab
#55re: STRIKE TOMORROW
Posted: 11/10/07 at 12:10am

Playbill.com

"Smart! And into all those exotic mystiques -- The Kama Sutra and Chinese techniques. I hear she knows more than seventy-five. Call me tomorrow if you're still alive!"

DrowsyBoy1011 Profile Photo
DrowsyBoy1011
#56re: STRIKE TOMORROW
Posted: 11/10/07 at 12:11am

I wish everyone good luck with the strike... I do hope that a solution can be reached soon because Broadway is an important part of New York economy and it's just an awesome community so I hope everything works out in a timely fashion for everyone's sake.

bugmenot
#57re: STRIKE TOMORROW
Posted: 11/10/07 at 12:11am

Yep, here we go. As a crew member, I would have preferred to see you in a seat, enjoying a show. Please know that. We take no joy in this action. But the League pushed and pushed and pushed, and eventually somebody has to take a stand.

bschneid76 Profile Photo
bschneid76
#58re: STRIKE TOMORROW
Posted: 11/10/07 at 12:13am

Very sad indeed. Many people will be affected by this. I just hope it gets resolved fast.

"Love the Art in Yourself. Not Yourself in the Art." -- Stanislavski

jrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
#59re: STRIKE TOMORROW
Posted: 11/10/07 at 12:15am

ShbrtAlley44,

We show up for every shift and check in with a supervisor or union rep. If for some reason, neither is around, I would find a stage manager or someone who you can check in with to say you showed up. But I would imagine there will be various people to check in with/ask questions, etc.

localonecrew
#60re: STRIKE TOMORROW
Posted: 11/10/07 at 12:18am

ugh, looks like rain tomorrow.

ShbrtAlley44 Profile Photo
ShbrtAlley44
#61re: STRIKE TOMORROW
Posted: 11/10/07 at 12:21am

Thanks, lovey :)

neddyfrank2
#62re: STRIKE TOMORROW
Posted: 11/10/07 at 12:22am

Charlotte St. Martin just replied to my email. What a lovely person! *rolls eyes*

I wasn't even rude in my email. What a prick.

I so appreciate the courtesy and good manners you don't represent. Thank you for sharing.

Charlotte St. Martin, Executive Director

majortom1981
#63re: STRIKE TOMORROW
Posted: 11/10/07 at 12:22am

I have the little mermaid tickets at 2pm . Will I get a refund?

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#64re: STRIKE TOMORROW
Posted: 11/10/07 at 12:25am

If it is worth it, I say go for it. Stand your ground.

I was wondering if the stagehands think other shows may close in support?

Just give the world Love.

DesperatelySeekingStranger
#65re: STRIKE TOMORROW
Posted: 11/10/07 at 12:25am

While we're told not to cross any picket lines, we still have to show up for half hour and then go from there. And it is, indeed, a tough time for the entertainment industry. Has this ever happened before where basically Broadway and Hollywood were shut down at the same time?

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#66re: STRIKE TOMORROW
Posted: 11/10/07 at 12:31am

good question DSS
The Broadway STRIKE will not get as much attention.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#67re: STRIKE TOMORROW
Posted: 11/10/07 at 12:33am

I have a feeling it will get more attention than we think. The media may be all over the fact that these two strikes are going on.

Just give the world Love.

gypsy4
#68re: STRIKE TOMORROW
Posted: 11/10/07 at 12:34am

What is the world coming to?

Boq101
#69re: STRIKE TOMORROW
Posted: 11/10/07 at 12:43am

thank god i can't afford to go to the theatre anymore, it would suck having tickets for tomorrow.

JKlock Profile Photo
JKlock
#70re: STRIKE TOMORROW
Posted: 11/10/07 at 12:45am

off broadway=open
http://www.broadwayworld.com/viewcolumn.cfm?colid=22893

http://two-sails.blogspot.com/

MovieGuy1031 Profile Photo
MovieGuy1031
#71re: STRIKE TOMORROW
Posted: 11/10/07 at 12:51am

Sooooo.

Any chance this'll be resolved in 7 days?

*hopeful grin...*

"The nice thing about the rain is that it always stops... eventually."

- Eeyore

Rotel1026
#72re: STRIKE TOMORROW
Posted: 11/10/07 at 12:53am

The last shutdown on Broadway was a musicians stike so does that mean plays stayed open?

Sucks for all the people who have tickets already and are coming from out of town, hope this all gets settled soon.

MovieGuy1031 Profile Photo
MovieGuy1031
#73re: STRIKE TOMORROW
Posted: 11/10/07 at 1:00am

I have tickets to the six shows listed in my signature - luckily, only two of them are affected by the strike. Yes, they were two that I was looked VERY forward to seeing, but I have hope they'll be sorted out by the 11/17 when I have the tickets for both Cyrano and Little Mermaid...

PS - I live in Ohio and will be driving 10 hours just to see these shows... I am quite distraught...

"The nice thing about the rain is that it always stops... eventually."

- Eeyore

bk
#74re: STRIKE TOMORROW
Posted: 11/10/07 at 1:02am

Does this paragraph from Playbill not mean anything?

"Neither the League nor the union has released an official statement. Lisa Linden, a spokesperson for the League told AP, "We have not heard from Local One regarding a strike and it would be shocking if they would hurt the theatergoing public by shutting down Broadway without notice."

Videos