News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal- Page 3

Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal

Kasie Profile Photo
Kasie
#50re: Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal
Posted: 2/25/08 at 4:42pm

i read somewhere that they will be touring major cities...do you think that includes Denver? probably. hope so. but i dont know....????

Gobstopper Profile Photo
Gobstopper
#51re: Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal
Posted: 2/25/08 at 5:26pm

This is where I start the Jaime Lee Kirchner for Mimi campaign!

Also, I'm still holding out hope A&A will return to Broadway after Harley and Declan leave. haha. If anybody has info on who will replace those two, please tell me!

rentmovie1205
#52re: Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal
Posted: 2/25/08 at 6:16pm

I'm hoping to get to broadway one more time before it closes.
However, I will be going to see the new tour as much as possible when A&A start next year.

EVIE Profile Photo
EVIE
#53re: Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal
Posted: 2/25/08 at 6:35pm

I hope Adam's Roger has a different hair style than his movie Roger. But that's just me being petty.

Yero my Hero Profile Photo
Yero my Hero
#54re: Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal
Posted: 2/25/08 at 6:38pm

Right after the movie was over, he cut his hair off. It's been short every time I've seen him since. I think he learned his lesson.

Nothing matters but knowing nothing matters. ~ Wicked
Everything in life is only for now. ~ Avenue Q
There is no future, there is no past. I live this moment as my last. ~ Rent

"He's a tramp, but I love him."

LePetiteFromage
Posted: 2/25/08 at 6:43pm

Updated On: 5/7/09 at 06:43 PM

EVIE Profile Photo
EVIE
winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#57re: Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal
Posted: 2/25/08 at 9:28pm

I think that it is sad and arrogant of Adam to ask for high security when no one has even stood up at one of his concerts let alone rushed the stage.

I agree that Anthony is more civilized in this regard. He loves interacting with the fans and doesn't ask for extra security etc.

I think that the tour will help with the two of them in it.

Many people who have been seeing the tour as of late seem to be rentheads anyway. Having them in the cast will only help things out.

I too agree and hope that they bring in a good supporting cast. I feel that the time for recycling cast members in this show should be done.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

dancegirl
#58re: Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal
Posted: 2/26/08 at 12:09am

Will this be a new Equity tour or will they just be replacing the tired leads in the bus and truck? And will Jess Martin be joining them?

It was just announced that Jesse L. is leaving Law and Order so maybe he will do the tour. I'd like to see him and Wilson back for the farewell tour. I think it'd be amazing to have those 4 male leads back. The others I don't care about so much.

When Adam and Anthony were back this summer, Adam only came out the stage door about half the time. I don't think he's such a big star that he can't come out to see his fans for a few minutes once they got the security worked out. He's great as Roger but I think he's pretty arrogant as a human being. I'm not saying this just based on the fact that he did't come out, but also because of some really arrogant things I've read that he said.

LePetiteFromage
Posted: 2/26/08 at 12:18am

Updated On: 5/7/09 at 12:18 AM

Craww
#60re: Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal
Posted: 2/26/08 at 2:30am

Hah. For Jesse L. Martin I would drive far enough that an overnight stay in a hotel would be required. re: Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal Rapp and Pascal I'll only be seeing again if they're less than 2 hours away, and only for the sake of my parents getting to see them.

As I've already seen Rapp and Pascal, and am a little worn out on Rent, I do hope the rest of the cast are enough to engage me the way the show deserves.

Craww
#62re: Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal
Posted: 2/26/08 at 6:56am

Now I just want to see the Rent OBC doing Real World/Road Rules Challenge. In turn, we can have the Real World and Road Rules alums touring with Rent.

Brilliant, Y/N/M?

rowlinvale2 Profile Photo
rowlinvale2
#63re: Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal
Posted: 2/26/08 at 8:07am

wait, so the tour would go in january of next year? even if it's closing in june? sorry for not knowing how this works...
so there can be another tour even after the show closes on broadway?

Je veux vous frapper avec un poisson.
Updated On: 2/26/08 at 08:07 AM

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#64re: Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal
Posted: 2/26/08 at 9:28am

rowlinvale2, yes the tour can go on after the show closes re: Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal many shows tour LONG after the curtain falls on it's Broadway run. There are no rules or regs for that, they apply to regional theatre and community theatre.

Adam is confident, not arrogant. And he has every right to ask for more help in protecting him- and in turn the others- while they are on the road.

I sure hope this comes close enough for me to see re: Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS
Updated On: 2/26/08 at 09:28 AM

Chloe Profile Photo
Chloe
#65re: Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal
Posted: 2/26/08 at 11:09am

Adam also has a phobia about large, hysterical crowds, and I'm sure it took a major effort on his part to come out as often as he did at the Nederlander when things were so crazy there. He also has a good reason for hiring protection, as there have been times when he's been practically knocked over by audience members. Just because that doesn't always happen doesn't mean it's wrong for him to protect himself against the possibility.

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#66re: Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal
Posted: 2/26/08 at 12:26pm

. He also has a good reason for hiring protection, as there have been times when he's been practically knocked over by audience members.

When has that ever happened during his solo shows?

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how

LePetiteFromage
Posted: 2/26/08 at 1:28pm

Updated On: 5/7/09 at 01:28 PM

misschung
#68re: Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal
Posted: 2/26/08 at 1:42pm

If Jesse did the tour with them, I would drive very far to see his I'll Cover You reprise.

The morning star always gets wonderful bright the minute before it has to go --doesn't it?

rowlinvale2 Profile Photo
rowlinvale2
#69re: Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal
Posted: 2/26/08 at 2:41pm

Thanks EponineAmneris!

Oh wow, this is so exciting. I never dreamed I'd ever get the chance to see Adam or Anthony. OR possibly Jesse! EEEEK! It really sucks living on the west coast, miles and miles from Broaway. And having no car to drive the two hours to San Francisco for tours...

I do think their joining would make a difference. Since it's a tour, there will be a lot of people like me who have never gotten to see them reprise their roles. And yeah, most of the theatre probably won't realize who they are, but I do think it would have a fairly significant impact. I dunno. I'm happy about it! Haha. If they don't hit San Francisco, I'm gonna be pissed...

Je veux vous frapper avec un poisson.

dancegirl
#70re: Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal
Posted: 2/26/08 at 10:58pm

I went to see Anthony and Adam 3x and never got to see Adam come out. But I read that during the first week they were there, not only did both Anthony and Adam come out, but Jesse L. just dropped by after the show to say hi and sign autographs. The person who wrote this had even bought her tickets way before it was announced that A&A would be returning. How's that for good luck?

Brooke2
#71re: Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal
Posted: 2/26/08 at 11:04pm

Its not at all arrogant for Adam to ask for extra security for the tour. The stagedoor this summer (mostly audience members) was chaotic and insane. I expect the tour stagedoor to be much the same. A lot of you saw that for yourselves so you know that's the truth. Adam was gracious to face that as often as he did.
For some people on this board, everything Adam says or does is dissed. That's what's sad really.

Craww
#72re: Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal
Posted: 2/27/08 at 12:24am

The point was never that Adam would be arrogant in requesting security for the Rent tour (which is a situation that has yet to be determined), but for thinking that anyone would ever rush the stage at one of his dead ass solo shows. I've never seen a more inert crowd in my life.

It was wise to have security present for Adam and Anthony at Rent this past summer, and they'll probably have road security. There's no reason Adam needs extra security, though. If anything, he should be able to take care of himself a little better than wispy little Anthony Rapp.

Chloe Profile Photo
Chloe
#73re: Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal
Posted: 2/27/08 at 8:46am

I don't know much about what's happening at hs current shows, but have heard plenty of stories from previous ones where audience members were very aggressive toward him before or after the show.

Craww
#74re: Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal
Posted: 2/27/08 at 9:55am

Obnoxious fans before or after the show doesn't exactly translate to "oh my god, these motionless kids who are staring blankly ahead are totally gonna rush the stage!".

Either way, it's a silly argument. That's obviously not something Adam always required at his shows, and it doesn't really apply to any concerns over Rent tour security. Especially considering Adam should be happy enough to have a greater variety of fan dodging exits to choose from when playing those big touring theaters.

Mealz1042 Profile Photo
Mealz1042
#75re: Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal
Posted: 2/27/08 at 10:09am

unneccesary? definitely.
But we don't even know that it was he who asked exclusively, it could have been his publicist or something.

And anyway, sure he's a little full of it. But come on, its hilarious. I have a lot more respect for someone who's sarcastic and agrees that some of the fan girls are posatively ridiculous. And they don't get it anyway, so it's not really hurting anyone.

<-- Gwen Stewart, SOLoist at the last show of RENT
Cages or wings? Which do you prefer? Ask the birds. Fear or love, baby? Don't say the answer Actions speak louder than words. (Tick, Tick... BOOM!)

Videos