pixeltracker

Catch Me If You Can (Sneak Peek in Seattle)- Page 3

Catch Me If You Can (Sneak Peek in Seattle)

yay_gerb Profile Photo
yay_gerb
#50re: Catch Me If You Can (Sneak Peek in Seattle)
Posted: 6/11/09 at 1:14am

let me just say Marc, that even tho you said the videos shouldn't be online, seeing those videos is what makes me want to fly out to Seattle to see the show. i think a good marketing idea for out of town tryouts/pre broadway creative processes, would be to make videos like this yourself from rehearsals/sneak peeks and post them on here and other broadway message boards. i personally think one of the best marketing ideas is a fangirl that has to tell all of her friends about every show she sees but like you said...a whole other thread. but i think there should be more for us to see in the developmental process. not too much, just enough to make me want to see the show. Hair did this with their cast blogs, they have videos of them rehearsing 5 main numbers on the website and i've seen the show 9 times already.

and as unhappy as i am that you stole Aaron from NY for the summer, "Goodbye" really sounds lovely.

BROADWAY IMPACT!
TAKE ACTION! EQUALITY!
http://www.broadwayimpact.com/

nomdeplume
#51re: Catch Me If You Can (Sneak Peek in Seattle)
Posted: 6/11/09 at 1:57am

youtube has lots of legitimate promo videos now for different shows so you don't automatically know what's supposed to be on there and what's not.

If there's a copyright violation the place to take it up with is on that website with them.

Sparklesss Profile Photo
Sparklesss
#52re: Catch Me If You Can (Sneak Peek in Seattle)
Posted: 6/11/09 at 3:35pm

Sorry if this has been discussed a lot, but I searched the archives and couldn't find my answer...I know Aaron is in Seattle and will be returning to N2N in Sept..but does that mean Catch me if you can isnt' expected to be in NY by then? Or he won't be continuing his role in it? Thanks!

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#53re: Catch Me If You Can (Sneak Peek in Seattle)
Posted: 6/11/09 at 6:24pm

Sparkless, they have to have time to retool things and whatnot. So no, Catch Me If You Can won't be open in NYC in Sept. Give it sometime. I'm guessing Spring of '10.

And, I want to see the set designs for this show. I'm not convinced it will work as a musical, but I'm willing to be disproved.

Sparklesss Profile Photo
Sparklesss
#54re: Catch Me If You Can (Sneak Peek in Seattle)
Posted: 6/25/09 at 9:39pm

Good to know, thanks!

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#55re: Catch Me If You Can (Sneak Peek in Seattle)
Posted: 6/25/09 at 11:20pm

ripped is correct....CMIYC isn't due to open on b'way until Spring 10...April, I think.

Current word is that Aaron will stay with N2N until Feb or March 10 (should it be open that long)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.
Updated On: 6/25/09 at 11:20 PM

Aswatrowinkenbo Profile Photo
Aswatrowinkenbo
#56re: Catch Me If You Can (Sneak Peek in Seattle)
Posted: 6/28/09 at 12:09am

Just found a free promotional download of the song "Jet Set" from the show. The code is "FRIEND".
http://www.5thavenue.org/show/CatchMeIfYouCan0910/CMIYCPromo.aspx
Updated On: 6/28/09 at 12:09 AM

mormonophobic Profile Photo
mormonophobic
#57re: Catch Me If You Can (Sneak Peek in Seattle)
Posted: 6/28/09 at 12:56am

Does anyone know who is singing the song that Aswatrowinkenbo just was so kind to post? Thanks by the way. This is a pretty good song, but I can't tell if it's been recorded with this current cast or is back from the Matthew Morrison/Nathan Lane demo. Pretty sure it's the latter, but either way have to say this project just sounds fantastic. From the powerhouse cast to some truly touching songs (the fact that there's a "Butter into Cream" song just shows how true to the material Shaiman really is) this show is becoming my must-see for next year. With Spider-Man, The Addams Family, and numerous others it seems next year will be pretty heavy on adaptations. Good to know this is already standing out as the show to follow. Updated On: 6/28/09 at 12:56 AM

Heybeenfood Profile Photo
Heybeenfood
#58re: Catch Me If You Can (Sneak Peek in Seattle)
Posted: 6/28/09 at 1:27am

This recording is performed by Roxie Barlow, Deidre Goodwin, Chester Gregory, Leslie Kritzer, John Pizzarelli, Angie Schworer, Marc Shaiman & Clarke Thorell. The first vocalist is clearly Schworer.

mormonophobic Profile Photo
mormonophobic
#59re: Catch Me If You Can (Sneak Peek in Seattle)
Posted: 6/28/09 at 1:29am

Thank you so much Heybeenfood. You're wonderful! :)

BroadwayBaby6 Profile Photo
BroadwayBaby6
#60re: Catch Me If You Can (Sneak Peek in Seattle)
Posted: 6/29/09 at 8:26pm

As I said in a previous post on the message board, the demo recording is the best I have heard in years. I can't speak for the book, the direction or the performances of the new cast, but there isn't one weak song on the demo recording.

(Please don't e-mail me for a copy of the demo. Copying it would be illegal as well as unethical).

"It does what a musical is supposed to do; it takes you to another world. And it gives you a little tune to carry in your head. Something to take you away from the dreary horrors of the real world. A little something for when you're feeling blue. You know?"

DryMartini Profile Photo
DryMartini
#61re: Catch Me If You Can (Sneak Peek in Seattle)
Posted: 7/1/09 at 11:49am

I'm loving what I've heard so far. Loving. It.

SingingCats Profile Photo
SingingCats
#62re: Catch Me If You Can (Sneak Peek in Seattle)
Posted: 7/1/09 at 12:00pm

I simply cannot wait for this to come to Broadway. I was skeptical at first, but I'm thoroughly convinced now that this will be a hit.

Aswatrowinkenbo
#63re: Catch Me If You Can (Sneak Peek in Seattle)
Posted: 7/1/09 at 6:34pm

Here's another official video from Spotlight Night.
A conversation with Norbert Leo Butz and a song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPpBg1TEV_w

TimesSquareRegular Profile Photo
TimesSquareRegular
#64re: Catch Me If You Can (Sneak Peek in Seattle)
Posted: 7/1/09 at 8:07pm

Go NORBERT!

Can't wait for this one to get to NYC!

2016 These Paper Bullets (1/02) Our Mother's Brief Affair (1/06), Dragon Boat Racing (1/08), Howard - reading (1/28), Shear Madness (2/10), Fun Home (2/17), Women Without Men (2/18), Trip Of Love (2/21), The First Gentleman -reading (2/22), Southern Comfort (2/23), The Robber Bridegroom (2/24), She Loves Me (3/11), Shuffle Along (4/12), Shear Madness (4/14), Dear Evan Hansen (4/16), American Psycho (4/23), Tuck Everlasting (5/10), Indian Summer (5/15), Peer Gynt (5/18), Broadway's Rising Stars (7/11), Trip of Love (7/27), CATS (7/31), The Layover (8/17), An Act Of God (8/31), The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time (8/24), Heisenberg (10/12), Fiddler On The Roof (11/02), Othello (11/23), Dear Evan Hansen (11/26), Les Liaisons Dangereuses (12/21) 2017 In Transit (2/01), Groundhog Day (4/04), Ring Twice For Miranda (4/07), Church And State (4/10), The Lucky One (4/19), Ernest Shackleton Loves Me (5/16), Building The Wall (5/19), Indecent (6/01), Six Degrees of Separation (6/09), Marvin's Room (6/28), A Doll's House Pt 2 (7/25) Curvy Widow (8/01)

Aswatrowinkenbo
#65re: Catch Me If You Can (Sneak Peek in Seattle)
Posted: 7/7/09 at 11:35pm

More from Spotlight Night... Aaron Tveit sings a sweet song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MClOF7mNsa8

Sparklesss Profile Photo
Sparklesss
#66re: Catch Me If You Can (Sneak Peek in Seattle)
Posted: 7/10/09 at 8:46pm

Thanks for the link, cute song and I love how he always stays in character even when it's just a rehearsal, concert etc. I think he's going to be awesome in this role.

Aswatrowinkenbo
#67re: Catch Me If You Can (Sneak Peek in Seattle)
Posted: 7/26/09 at 11:30pm

Two more fun things:

This features all of the videos from Spotlight night and the embedded player has four songs from the show.
2."Live in Living Color" with Aaron Tveit
9."Someone Else's Skin" also sung by Aaron
15."Goodbye" not sure who sings this one but there is a video on Youtube with Aaron singing it
19."Jet Set" which was performed by an old workshop cast. This song is also available for download. One of my previous posts contains the link and code.
http://www.5thavenue.org/interactive/

Cast member, Mo Brady, recently took over the Backstage5thave Twitter account and has been giving out updates on the progress of the show, usually during rehearsals.
http://twitter.com/backstage5thAve
Updated On: 7/26/09 at 11:30 PM

Videos