pixeltracker

New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?- Page 36

New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?

RWPrincess
#875New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 9/28/23 at 8:58pm

suicidalmickeymouse said: "Wow, I’m surprised to see you say Alyssa Fox did nothing for you vocally! I’ve seen Wicked and 19x since 2007 and when I saw her as standby this past January I thought she was one of the best I’d ever heard sing the role. I also really enjoy the videos of her time from Frozen.

I wonder if perhaps she’s under the weather or singing it more conservatively now that she’s the lead.
"

I last saw this in April and was underwhelmed by everyone except James Gish who was still in at the time. I much preferred Alyssa as Elsa. I'll be back for the 20th anniversary show so maybe that will be different.

suicidalmickeymouse Profile Photo
suicidalmickeymouse
#876New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 9/28/23 at 10:04pm

Makes complete sense. I can absolutely co-sign that she was not particularly memorable in the acting department. And if it was a night with less riffs and opt ups, I could also definitely understand the Wicked Mid label, lol. 

Hunter: Your teeth need whitening./ Heidi: You sound weird./ Jeff: You taste funny.
-Jeff Bowen's worst onstage line flub.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#877New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 9/28/23 at 10:49pm

This Michelle Pawk situation is reminding me of how so many people have a disdain for Montego Glovers voice, but she’s just an incredible person to work with thus why she gets cast so often. Either that, or having your husband play the wizard is much more beneficial than I originally thought.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

QueenTwinnied
#878New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 9/29/23 at 2:21am

I’ve seen Wicked 9 times and Alyssa has always been one of my favorite Elphabas. She used to do fabulous riffs on the national tour, especially during NGD. I would guess maybe that has been toned down as many Elphabas do when they move from tour to Broadway. The current tour Elphaba (Olivia Valli) was on a podcast recently and she said the tour producers are much stricter about riffing now compared to a few years ago. 

I haven’t seen Pawk personally but know several who have and complained about her performance. 

suicidalmickeymouse Profile Photo
suicidalmickeymouse
#879New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 9/29/23 at 8:06am

I also heard Laurel Harris talking about how strict they are on Broadway with riffs/opt ups.  I wish that weren’t the case, it’s one of my favorite things about seeing the show live. 

Hunter: Your teeth need whitening./ Heidi: You sound weird./ Jeff: You taste funny.
-Jeff Bowen's worst onstage line flub.

singer234
#880New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 9/29/23 at 8:16am

I did not care for Mckenzie Kurtz in Frozen at all but she instantly became one of my

all time favorite Glindas when I saw her last month. Maybe it was an off night but I found her performance to be nuanced and heartbreaking.

MadisonGuy Profile Photo
MadisonGuy
#881New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 10/21/23 at 12:52am

How far in advance of a change in a lead is an announcement made?

QueenTwinnied
#882New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 10/21/23 at 4:10am

Usually a few weeks ahead of time. I wouldn’t expect either Alyssa or McKenzie to leave soon. 

WldKingdomHM Profile Photo
WldKingdomHM
#883New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 10/21/23 at 8:16am

McKenzie is an ok Glinda. She looks like a young (and acts) like Megan Mullally on that stage. Her Popular is refreshing thou. I’m waiting for the next cast change to go back

hearthemsing22
#884New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 10/23/23 at 12:58pm

MadisonGuy said: "How far in advance of a change in a lead is an announcement made?"

I remember hearing Alyssa Fox won't leave until the role isn't fun for her anymore. So I doubt she'll be leaving before the end of the year. I'd say maybe another year, but I could be totally wrong

RWPrincess
#885New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 10/23/23 at 3:14pm

hearthemsing22 said: "MadisonGuy said: "How far in advance of a change in a lead is an announcement made?"

I remember hearing Alyssa Fox won't leave until the role isn't fun for her anymore. So I doubt she'll be leaving before the end of the year. I'd say maybe another year, but I could be totally wrong
"

The last few Elphabas have had 9 month contracts. 

hearthemsing22
#886New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 10/23/23 at 3:14pm

RWPrincess said: "hearthemsing22 said: "MadisonGuy said: "How far in advance of a change in a lead is an announcement made?"

"

The last few Elphabas have had 9 month contracts.

"

This is true too...but Alyssa could change that. 

Call_me_jorge
#887New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 10/25/23 at 3:59pm

It’s already been mentioned Alyssa will be doing the Death Becomes Her musical; I can’t imagine she’ll still be in wicked much longer after the anniversary. 

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Voter Profile Photo
Voter
#888New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 10/25/23 at 4:04pm

Personally, I would love to see Emily Kristen Norris come in as an Elphaba standby... she's one of the few content creators I actually enjoy (probably because it's all ENT and singing stuff). She was a standby on tour and was fantastic.

There are like 3 other people called Voter on here, FYI. Deleted comment count: 12

hearthemsing22
#889New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 10/25/23 at 5:23pm

Call_me_jorge said: "It’s already been mentioned Alyssa will be doing the Death Becomes Her musical; I can’t imagine she’ll still be in wicked much longer after the anniversary."

Did she confirm it on a livestream or social media or something? I don't see that posted anywhere 

Call_me_jorge
#890New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 10/25/23 at 5:36pm

It was leaked information based on the Death Becomes Her instagram account following her. They’re probably waiting to officially announce until she has an end date at wicked, but it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to put two and two together.

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
#891New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 11/1/23 at 11:34am

Now that The Wonder Years has been cancelled…can we please get Saycon Sengbloh back in some capacity? She was at the 20th anniversary and looked incredible! She made history and I bet she would be even better than before, vocally. 

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.

MadisonGuy Profile Photo
MadisonGuy
#892New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 11/29/23 at 11:28am

Standby Mary Kate Morrissey posted on Instagram that she will be in all the performances this week except the Saturday matinee. Is Alyssa off working on “Death Becomes Her?” Is a cast change announcement imminent? Who is doing the Saturday matinee, the understudy? Why can’t I simply upload a photo to attach to my post, why do I have to provide a url link? So many questions. 

mshalo18
#893New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 11/29/23 at 11:43am

According to Alyssa’s Instagram, she’s in Greece on vacation.

TheQuibbler Profile Photo
TheQuibbler
#894New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 11/29/23 at 11:50am

Anyone have any insight on why the producers have limited riffing/opting up? I watched the 20th Anniversary red carpet interview where the past Elphabas were asked about their favorite riff and a few of them mentioned how they're not "allowed" to do them anymore. I wonder if it has to do with quality control, making sure each audience has the same experience. 

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
#895New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 11/29/23 at 12:14pm

Your last sentence is most likely the case, along with the fact that you’re expected to sing the score as written (with a few allowed options) just like you are expected to recite the dialogue as written. 

Shoshana and Eden got away with the most riff experimenting, and even they have said that they would get offstage and be given notes in regards to that. 

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.

QueenTwinnied
#896New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 11/29/23 at 1:03pm

TheQuibbler said: "Anyone have any insight on why the producers have limited riffing/opting up? I watched the 20th Anniversary red carpet interview where the past Elphabas were asked about their favorite riff and a few of them mentioned how they're not "allowed" to do them anymore. I wonder if it has to do with quality control, making sure each audience has the same experience."

Olivia Valli was on Sentimental Men and spoke about how production is cracking down on riffing, even prior approved riffs like the "Things I've never felt" opt-up are no longer allowed. Alyssa always did it on tour (and when I saw her on Bway as standby) but as lead I havent heard it once. Olivia spoke about how the show wants to move toward storytelling through vocals and less riffing. 

Personally I'm pro riffing. Given I've seen Wicked so many times I like to hear variations and new vocal choices I've never heard before. 

TheQuibbler Profile Photo
TheQuibbler
#897New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 11/29/23 at 2:27pm

QueenTwinnied said: "Olivia Valli was on Sentimental Men and spoke about how production is cracking down on riffing, even prior approved riffs like the "Things I've never felt" opt-up are no longer allowed. Alyssa always did it on tour (and when I saw her on Bway as standby) but as lead I havent heard it once. Olivia spoke about how the show wants to move toward storytelling through vocals and less riffing."

Interesting, thank you.

While of course I don’t want the show to feel like a pop concert, I’d argue that a well placed riff or opt-up, like “things I’ve never felt” or “Fiyero!” in “No Good Deed,” does add to the storytelling by representing the internal life of the character. 

Call_me_jorge
#898New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 11/29/23 at 2:36pm

It is interesting that riffs like Eden’s “things I’ve never felt” were once taught as alternatives, but now they are not allowed? Curious what changed. I know the UK production has always been stringent and didn’t allow much leeway, unless it was Dinoia or Verkaik.

Call_me_jorge
#899New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 1/2/24 at 4:56pm

Celia and Olivia both posted today on Instagram revealing they have 4 months left on tour; May 5th is the day of their last performance, to be exact. Celia added she will be returning to her same ensemble track on Broadway once she’s finished.

Updated On: 1/2/24 at 04:56 PM

Videos