Flea Market Finds!

starcatchers Profile Photo
starcatchers
#75Flea Market Finds!
Posted: 9/28/15 at 11:15pm

neonlightsxo said: "Were they still trying to get $100? ^^ "

$100 must've been the lowered price, because they were asking $120 first thing in the morning...

the artist formerly known as dancingthrulife04 Check out my Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/dreamanddrift And please consider donating to my Ride to Remember, benefitting the Alzheimer's Association: http://act.alz.org/site/TR?fr_id=8200&pg=personal&px=6681234

LightsOut90
#76Flea Market Finds!
Posted: 9/29/15 at 2:24am

-But the biggest pick-up and biggest mission to get home was a neon letter "N" that was used on the Broadway Marquee for "Finian's Rainbow"

Holy **** they finally sold one of them, they been trying to get rid of those letters for FIVE years lol

neonlightsxo
#77Flea Market Finds!
Posted: 9/29/15 at 9:14am

Oh wow, $100 was what they said around 11 or 12 when I asked.

I watched Stephanie Klemons sell one of Lin's mixes for $575.

NJ_BroadwayGirl, the Wicked table is always really well run, I agree. They have good unique items and usually will lower prices at the end of the day.

Updated On: 9/29/15 at 09:14 AM

LuminousBeing Profile Photo
LuminousBeing
#78Flea Market Finds!
Posted: 9/29/15 at 10:27am

This was my second flea market, the first being the year it rained and everything was moved inside. I found a few things I was looking for, and a bunch of things I wasn't!

Cast Recordings:

• "The Fortress of Solitude" - $5
  • "Side Show" Revival - $5

T-Shirts:

• RENT Hollywood Bowl "Diva" shirt - $1
  • "Peter . . . Starcatcher" unisex logo - $1
  • "Peter . . . Starcatcher" ladies navy - $1
  • "How to Succeed . . ." Paris Original - $5
  • The Public. Black/white logo - $5

Mugs/Pins:

• Last Season's running shows logos mug - $5
  • This season's Shakespeare in the Park with pink FREE logo mug - Free
  • "Company" 2006 mug - $5
  • "Evita" original production sparkly silver pin - $1

Books/Scripts:

• Albee in Performance by Rakesh Solomon uncorrected advance copy - $1
  • "Hedda Gabbler" Dover Thrift edition - Free
  • "Caesar and Cleopatra" by Shaw paperback - Free
  • "Lunch Hour," a play by Jean Kerr Hardcover - $3
  • "W;t" Script - $2
  • "Look Homeward, Angel" script - Free
  • Dexter in the Dark paperback - Free

Random Stuff:

• Fossilized Fish pendant - $1
  • Baseball cap with a dog logo from Spotco (no idea what that is, but the hat fits!) - Free

Windowcards (All unsigned):

• "Leap of Faith" blue title (debated between it and the mirror ball one, but I like the overall image of the blue lettering more than the silver). - $10
  • "A Chorus Line" original cast vintage photo poster with "Best Musical" in lights - $3
  • "Falling" - $3
  • "Women . . . Breakdown" - $3
  • "The Homecoming" (my first Broadway play) - $3
  • "Who's Afraid . . . Woolf" revival whiskey bottle - $3
  • "Cabaret" Michelle Williams - $10
  • "Into the Woods" fiasco -the lovely lady at the Roundabout table noticed a small rip at the top that does nothing to detract from the image of the poster and gave it to me for free even after I offered $3, hence why I bought the "Cabaret" one at $10
  • "Clybourne Park" - $1
  • " 'night, Mother" - $1
  • "Cinderella" - Free
  • "Venus in Fur" - Free
  • "A Chorus Line small windowcard from Paper Mill Playhouse - $5
  • "Cookin' " : a big yellow window card with a photo of four Korean chefs jumping while another gentleman plays a drum. I say Korean because there's Korean writing on the bottom, and logos for Korean Air and The Korea Times appear. I picked this up because not only am I a huge theater fan, I'm also a trained chef, and I've been known to croon while cooking, and this poster was too funny and random to let it stay there. Does anyone know anything about this production or what the heck it is? It played the Minetta Lane. - Free

Total Spent: $93 out of a firm budget of $100.

Does anyone want the 'night, Mother windowcard? I bought it for a friend who doesn't. It's in perfect condition and attractive.

This is one of my favorite threads every year, and I'm so happy I get to post in it this time! Thanks so much, all, for sharing your great finds.

gmhots
#79Flea Market Finds!
Posted: 9/29/15 at 2:16pm

@vintagesnarker: Yes, all the window cards were free around 5.30pm. They let you take as many as you liked, but I only took 2 of each. If you want my spare Wolf Hall window card let me know and we can meet up.

@luminousbeing: Cookin' is a Korean version of Stomp, but more of a comedic, percussive show and they use food and knives/other cooking utensils to make the rhythms! There's also a cute storyline and it's quite entertaining.

Sorry-Grateful Profile Photo
Sorry-Grateful
#80Flea Market Finds!
Posted: 9/29/15 at 3:00pm

Among other things, I was so excited to find a Bring Back Birdie playbill for $2. I'm so close to finishing my collection of every Playbill featured in "Monkeys and Playbills."

If anyone has a Censored Scenes from King Kong playbill they are looking to sell, hit me up!

TodayTix Code: XGAXA

UnwoundFantasies
#81Flea Market Finds!
Posted: 9/29/15 at 4:21pm

If anyone has a spare poster (or anything) from the Bridges of Madison County, I'd love to take it off your hands :)

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#82Flea Market Finds!
Posted: 9/29/15 at 4:59pm

Sorry-Grateful said: "Among other things, I was so excited to find a Bring Back Birdie playbill for $2. I'm so close to finishing my collection of every Playbill featured in "Monkeys and Playbills."

If anyone has a Censored Scenes from King Kong playbill they are looking to sell, hit me up!"

#LifeGoals!!! I can't believe you only have one left! I sadly don't have Censored Scenes from King Kong, but someone on ebay does! 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CENSORED-SCENES-FROM-KING-KONG-CHRIS-SARANDON-CARIE-FISHER-/230841545431?hash=item35bf3a72d7

If I was that close I could drop the $16 and finish the collection!

Sorry-Grateful Profile Photo
Sorry-Grateful
#83Flea Market Finds!
Posted: 9/29/15 at 6:00pm

gleek4114 said: "#LifeGoals!!! I can't believe you only have one left!"

Sadly, Censored... isn't the very last one I need, just the one that is probably the easiest to find. I still need 6 more. A Playbill for a show like Hit the Trail is hard to find because a) it opened in the 50's and b) it was a flop so there weren't that many printed.

TodayTix Code: XGAXA

Xman8 Profile Photo
Xman8
#84Flea Market Finds!
Posted: 9/29/15 at 8:39pm

It's funny both of the letters are sold. I bought the last one. I can't see how nobody snatched them up in the previous flea markets since they were cheap for what they were. How much were they in the years prior?

neonlightsxo
#85Flea Market Finds!
Posted: 9/30/15 at 8:41am

If anybody has any Last Ship stuff they're looking to get rid of, please send me a message.

TheActr97J Profile Photo
TheActr97J
#86Flea Market Finds!
Posted: 9/30/15 at 9:11am

Xman8 said: "It's funny both of the letters are sold. I bought the last one. I can't see how nobody snatched them up in the previous flea markets since they were cheap for what they were. How much were they in the years prior?"

I think they wanted $150 for them. I almost pulled the trigger on one last year, but I passed because nobody could tell me if they actually still lit up or not. 

"I seem to have wandered into the BRAIN load-out thread... "
-best12bars

"Sorry I am a Theatre major not a English Major"
-skibumb5290

Xman8 Profile Photo
Xman8
#87Flea Market Finds!
Posted: 10/1/15 at 4:24pm

Oh ok cause I got it for $150 I plan on sending it to a neon sign shop to repair and adapt the wires to be plugged into an outlet. Regardless if it lit up or not, it was a work that still needed to be done, cause home electricity can't handle the power required to light these letters after a couple of hours this would have blown a breaker. Besides, since I saw the entire light up 42nd street sign on sale in ebay i wanted to get something similar and what better show than Finian's Rainbow. I would have killed to have gotten the purple N that belonged to the word "Rainbow" since purple is my favorite color.

atuomala Profile Photo
atuomala
#88Flea Market Finds!
Posted: 10/1/15 at 8:37pm

All in all, I was happy with my finds.Flea Market Finds!

"Mostly, I loved the size of these people's emotions. Nobody has emotions this size anymore. Outsized emotions. Operatic emotions. Kushemski and Vanda are like Tristan and Isolde, they're Paolo and Francesca. Nobody's in total thrall like this anymore. Nobody's overcome by passion like this, or goes through this kind of rage." Thomas, Venus in Fur

Videos