pixeltracker

Camila Cabello to play Maria in Spielberg's WSS?- Page 4

Camila Cabello to play Maria in Spielberg's WSS?

Robert Marshall Profile Photo
Robert Marshall
#75Camila Cabello to play Maria in Speilberg's WSS?
Posted: 12/17/18 at 9:26pm

and as far as her vocal talents go, I think you might like this example...

Camila Cabello - Consequences [2018 American Music Awards]

justincharacter Profile Photo
justincharacter
#76Camila Cabello to play Maria in Speilberg's WSS?
Posted: 12/19/18 at 10:20am

Robert Marshall said: "jacobsnchz14 said: "https://twitter.com/MikeAdamOnAir/status/1026835926574669824

Do not know how reliable the source is
"

It's likely between Camila and Rachel Zegler . Cindy Tolan just followed Rachel in the last couple of days on Twitter after months ago following Camila's entire entourage. She hasn't shown interest in any other latina actresses in the correct age range and singing ability. Camila hinted at something new coming up in 2019 in a way that her fandom has come to believe is an indirect reference to WSS. Rachel has followers that are hinting something big may be up as well. And Speilberg was very tight lipped when asked about Camila in October. Expect the announcement after the Grammy Awards.

"

They are still searching for Maria. They are currently in the midst of callbacks. 

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#77Camila Cabello to play Maria in Speilberg's WSS?
Posted: 12/19/18 at 10:32am

Anyone more curious to find out who will be cast in the Ivo Van Hove helmed broadway revival? Are there any rumors there?

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

supersam1026 Profile Photo
supersam1026
#78Camila Cabello to play Maria in Speilberg's WSS?
Posted: 1/14/19 at 4:22pm

Well done Bwaywrldmember6853, called it back in August!

Updated On: 1/14/19 at 04:22 PM

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#79Camila Cabello to play Maria in Speilberg's WSS?
Posted: 1/14/19 at 4:23pm

DeBose as Anita is such an exciting choice. 

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#80Camila Cabello to play Maria in Speilberg's WSS?
Posted: 1/14/19 at 4:25pm

This! Cast! Sweet! Jesus! Thrilled they hired a newcomer and a Broadway-supporting cast!

ChgoTheatreGuy Profile Photo
ChgoTheatreGuy
#81Camila Cabello to play Maria in Speilberg's WSS?
Posted: 1/14/19 at 4:43pm

The Hollywood Reporter just reported that Rachel Zegler has been cast as Maria in the film...

Dave28282 Profile Photo
Dave28282
#82Camila Cabello to play Maria in Speilberg's WSS?
Posted: 1/14/19 at 7:30pm

ChgoTheatreGuy said: "The Hollywood Reporter just reported that Rachel Zegler has been cast as Maria in the film..."

Holy crap, this is fantastic. I have been saying this from the beginning! She is the perfect Maria for the movie.

This is a milestone in movie musical making. This girl embodies the artform, singing extremely well and acting through these notes. I haven't seen anyone sparkle like that since Julie Andrews in the Sound of Music and Olivia Newton John in Grease. A whole new generation might learn what actual singing in a movie musical is. 

This girl is a natural and I can't wait to see and hear all he nuances she brings to the role. The scenes really have the ability to become something special now.

I also love the way she and the guy who plays Tony match together.

In the end, this is what will make a movie stand the test of time. Kudos to the casting directors and director and producers to go for talent again, versus going for fleeting names.

Updated On: 1/14/19 at 07:30 PM

bwaywrldmember6853
#83Camila Cabello to play Maria in Speilberg's WSS?
Posted: 1/14/19 at 11:21pm

supersam1026 said: "Well done Bwaywrldmember6853, called it back in August!"

just heard the news! so excited for her! :)

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#84Camila Cabello to play Maria in Speilberg's WSS?
Posted: 1/14/19 at 11:36pm

Aaah so Maria is being played by a Colombian-American. Well at least theyre getting it half right. It certainly isnt Italian American Carol Lawrence or Russian American Natalie Wood.....or God forbid an African American like Debbie Allen playing Anita....or a Greek American George Chakiris as Bernardo.

Updated On: 1/14/19 at 11:36 PM

CarlosAlberto
#85Camila Cabello to play Maria in Speilberg's WSS?
Posted: 1/14/19 at 11:40pm

So to my knowledge only two real authentic Puerto Ricans or at least descendants of Puerto Ricans have played Maria - Victoria Mallory and Josie DeGuzman....

Updated On: 1/14/19 at 11:40 PM

Dave28282 Profile Photo
Dave28282
#86Camila Cabello to play Maria in Speilberg's WSS?
Posted: 1/15/19 at 6:20am

CarlosAlberto said: "So to my knowledge only two real authentic PuertoRicansor at least descendants of PuertoRicans have played Maria - Victoria Mallory and Josie DeGuzman...."

Luckily we live in a time now where people can play people from other countries. It's called equality.

WestEndGal
#87Camila Cabello to play Maria in Speilberg's WSS?
Posted: 1/15/19 at 7:46am

Congrats to Rachel Zegler! I didn’t know her before but have just been listening to some of her covers on her YouTube channel and wow this girl has pipes, and her voice is both beautiful and powerful <3 Assuming she can act also, this could be inspired casting!

MadsonMelo
#88Camila Cabello to play Maria in Speilberg's WSS?
Posted: 1/15/19 at 8:57am

I love that people knew about DeBose about a month ago and were dismissed at the boards lol

CarlosAlberto
#89Camila Cabello to play Maria in Speilberg's WSS?
Posted: 1/15/19 at 9:50am

Dave28282 said: "CarlosAlberto said: "So to my knowledge only two real authentic PuertoRicansor at least descendants of PuertoRicans have played Maria - Victoria Mallory and Josie DeGuzman...."

Luckily we live in a time now where people can play people from other countries. It's called equality.
"

I was being sarcastic.

I'm actually intrigued and fascinated with the choices they've made. It's a pretty diverse group of Latinx actors. Zegler is of Colombian descent, Alvarez is of Cuban descent and Debose is Puerto Rican/Italian. 

I'm actually pretty psyched over Debose's casting. I think she's gonna kill it. 

ScottyDoesn'tKnow2
#90Camila Cabello to play Maria in Speilberg's WSS?
Posted: 1/15/19 at 9:58am

Isn't Chita Rivera also of Puerto Rican and Italian descent and Ariana DeBose is a Chita Rivera award winner as well. I feel like there's a lot of serendipity in this choice.

Videos