pixeltracker

What do you think of Shoshana?- Page 4

What do you think of Shoshana?

BSoBW2
#75re: What do you think of Shoshana?
Posted: 3/5/05 at 8:19pm

did Shoshana smile on the bway.com video is what I was asking...

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#76re: What do you think of Shoshana?
Posted: 3/5/05 at 8:20pm

Broadway.com video? Who has even WATCHED that....

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

BSoBW2
#77re: What do you think of Shoshana?
Posted: 3/5/05 at 8:21pm

<----
and a bunch of people...

Idiot

kim1061 Profile Photo
kim1061
#78re: What do you think of Shoshana?
Posted: 3/5/05 at 8:22pm

actually i watched it.

A dancer might dream to see her name in lights and mean it, but all she really dreams is to make someone else feel the way she did when she first saw a dancer. And that is so beautiful-Anonymous

munkustrap178
#79re: What do you think of Shoshana?
Posted: 3/5/05 at 8:22pm

So you're seriously asking people if she SMILED. You're no better than "What brand of tampon does JLT use" girls.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

BSoBW2
#80re: What do you think of Shoshana?
Posted: 3/5/05 at 8:24pm

I was saying that she was bad and she smiled during Defy Gravity...she seemed so happy:

"WOOHOO I'm flying! Everyone hates me! But at least I got my Mr. Pimp doll in my dressing room!"

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#81re: What do you think of Shoshana?
Posted: 3/5/05 at 8:25pm

That's something I've wondered about for a while, actually. Does anyone know FOR A FACT what kind of tampon JLT actually uses?

"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."

BSoBW2
#82re: What do you think of Shoshana?
Posted: 3/5/05 at 8:27pm

I still have some from when I robbed her room and Idina's. Idin'as are, of course, framed.

Let me go find Jen's...

munkustrap178
#83re: What do you think of Shoshana?
Posted: 3/5/05 at 8:29pm

...funny...

elphieisperky
#84re: What do you think of Shoshana?
Posted: 3/5/05 at 8:33pm

I think Soshana was good, a little too...I don't know, I can't put my finger on it. Then again, I saw her on Idina's last show, so all I was thinking about was weather or not Idina was going to come out for curtain call. But I would like to see her again, probably a time more relaxed, because you could tell she was also shook up, as well as the rest of the cast. Oh, and they're trying really hard to get Eden back. That would be great, but Shoshana should get more time.

Brandon Profile Photo
Brandon
#85re: What do you think of Shoshana?
Posted: 3/5/05 at 9:24pm

she is sooo not elphaba but she does have some talent. She was more of tracy turnblad thean an elphaba no doubt about it.

Is it written in the stars are we paying for some crime is that all that we are good for just a strand of mortal time-AIDA THE MUSICAL

Dreamcatcher Profile Photo
Dreamcatcher
#86re: What do you think of Shoshana?
Posted: 3/6/05 at 12:25am

I actually really enjoy her voice. It's not the most powerful in the world but she has talent nonetheless and a beautiful voice to listen to.

I wanted to get something that an "ex"-junkie like him would really appreciate and cherish....it's a brick of heroin shaped like a heart. -Scrubs

whatyouown223 Profile Photo
whatyouown223
#87re: What do you think of Shoshana?
Posted: 3/6/05 at 12:26am

I still say bring in Karmine any day...

Katecab99 Profile Photo
Katecab99
#88re: What do you think of Shoshana?
Posted: 3/6/05 at 10:13am

ooooh, karmine would be fantastic!

VoiceofReason Profile Photo
VoiceofReason
#89re: What do you think of Shoshana?
Posted: 3/6/05 at 10:34am

All this talk of the tour, so I have a small question, that I realize would probably fit better on a different thread....but here it is anyway:
Does anyone know how long Block is contracted for the tour? I know Wicked is going to be at the Kennedy Center next December, but I'd really love to see Block, so if her contract expires before then, I want to get to a different stop. Thanks!

For heaven's sake, don't try to be cynical. It's perfectly easy to be cynical. ~The Importance of Being Earnest~

Blue J
#90re: What do you think of Shoshana?
Posted: 3/6/05 at 11:04am

VoiceofReason, Stephanie Block is contracted with the tour for one year. Updated On: 3/6/05 at 11:04 AM

Benzy92 Profile Photo
Benzy92
#91re: What do you think of Shoshana?
Posted: 3/6/05 at 11:12am

All of the younger, younger wicked fans (12-14) aren't going to like anyone as Elphaba besides Idina! I've seen both, and while I loved Idina and completely thought she deserved the Tony, anyone who replaces her is doomed because they wont recognize real talent when they see it because she is not Idina. Shoshana is incredible. She doesn't scream, and has been classically trained. I'm surprised so many people "hate" her!

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#92re: What do you think of Shoshana?
Posted: 3/6/05 at 11:16am

It's a well known fact that Idina is also classically trained.
That's not really a big deal.

I don't think anyone said they hate Shoshana, they just don't think her acting is up to par.

broadway_star_tomorrow Profile Photo
broadway_star_tomorrow
#93re: What do you think of Shoshana?
Posted: 3/6/05 at 11:19am

I'm a huge Idina fan, and I saw Shoshana perform last month and was blown away by her. She was AMAZING. She has a different approach to the role, both in terms of the acting and the vocals. There are certain subtle nuances in certain lines that Shoshana emphasized. And vocally, this woman is amazing. A total powerhouse. Additionally, she is proof that you don't NEED to belt every one of Elphabas songs. Don't get me wrong, I love the sound of belting (I'm a belter myself), but Shoshana shows that there are other approaches to the role.

AKA Idina Pashmina

Type_A_Tiff: There's nothing hard about her. Broadway_star_tomorrow: Yeah. Her arteries.

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#94re: What do you think of Shoshana?
Posted: 3/6/05 at 11:43am

Shoshanas good but Idina was so much better.

Shoshana's No Good Deed is worth the price of admission.
All of Idinas songs were worth MORE than the price of admission.

My 2 cents.

kim1061 Profile Photo
kim1061
#95re: What do you think of Shoshana?
Posted: 3/6/05 at 12:10pm

The only reason there is so much hype between the 2 is because Idina came first. Now when people think Wicked, they think Idina because it's the only image of "Elphaba" many have seen. So, of course when Shoshana comes a long and interprets the role differently she is compared and critiqued. I think if Shoshana came first and then Idina it would be the same. Everyone would critique Idina on how different she is from Shoshana.
Idina is not Elphaba, she plays her. I think that's the main problem for the little ones.

A dancer might dream to see her name in lights and mean it, but all she really dreams is to make someone else feel the way she did when she first saw a dancer. And that is so beautiful-Anonymous
Updated On: 3/6/05 at 12:10 PM

BSoBW2
#96re: What do you think of Shoshana?
Posted: 3/6/05 at 12:44pm

Well, I didn't like Idina as much as Sherie in Aida. but I didn't like Sherie as much as Maricel (who came way after those two).

Derek
#97re: What do you think of Shoshana?
Posted: 3/6/05 at 12:50pm

I saw Shoshana live in Wicked and I saw the Broadway Backstage and Broadway.com videos. She sounds amazing in The Wizard and I. The clips were def. not her best, although I think No Good Deed sounds great with her. This is just my opinion

Benzy92 Profile Photo
Benzy92
#98re: What do you think of Shoshana?
Posted: 3/6/05 at 2:52pm

Its a "well known fact" that Idina didnt use her voice properly owards the end of her run, NONE of her renditions were worth the price of admission alone, she even changed the end of Defying Gravity cause she couldnt hit the notes. Updated On: 3/6/05 at 02:52 PM

kim1061 Profile Photo
kim1061
#99re: What do you think of Shoshana?
Posted: 3/6/05 at 3:12pm

I'm sure doing 8 shows a week repeatedly puts a strain on your voice.
I'm sure eventually Shoshana will be, or already has, changed notes around.

Videos