RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#75re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/28/05 at 2:28pm

I just read that really long description, with the list of clips. I'm crying. I need to see this, soon. It sounds beautiful.

And I read they've got Sarah Silverman playing Alexi Darling; I can completely picture that!

A work of art is an invitation to love.
Updated On: 5/28/05 at 02:28 PM

FosseBoi
#76re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/28/05 at 2:38pm

I SWARE I was hypervenalating(SP?) while I was reading the discription! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOO FREEKEN EXCITED!!AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...SORRY!lol!re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!

"I've always secretly longed for an actress to get to the top of the cherry picker and projectile vomit all over the guards below."- Wonderwaiter in the "Defy Gravity?" thread. ~~~~~~~~My dream? Sutton Foster as Cassie in A Chorus Line

bwayfan3 Profile Photo
bwayfan3
#77re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/28/05 at 2:39pm

Not that I want to doubt the authenticity of this person's description, but how do you think he/she was able to remember each of those scenes in such detail. Trailers move so quickly from scene to scene?

luvtheEmcee
#78re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/28/05 at 2:47pm

She just listed the clips she saw, though. I think if you're already so familiar with the characters and the plot, it's not hard to figure what's going on from small clips. And I know, at least personally, that when something is *that* important to me, I remember absolutely every second of it, in near perfect detail. Things just get sealed in memory.

#79re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/28/05 at 4:30pm

Hey Guys,

I'm the one who posted the description on CB. And I can assure you that that is the trailer, and I'm sure that as more people see it, they will confirm it as well, so you can be rid of doubt. Also, I'm sure it'll be up on www.apple.com/trailers very soon, so you can see for yourselves. I mean, think about it. What could I possibly gain from lying, and what would be my motivation? Basically I remembered the scenes for the exact reason the above poster said-I'm obsessed just like everyone else and remember things very vividly when they're important to me. I'm sure I missed a few scenes as well, and I don't remember the order at all. I just listed them as I remembered each one. re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!

That being said, for those of you who don't feel like taking the trip to CB, I'll copy/paste the list here:

The trailer opens with a sun rising in silence. The silence continues as we see shots of New York from a bird's eye view, the sun rising over it, with that orange "new day" glow. Then, the infamous chords of Seasons of Love begin. The camera lowers onto the street, and Adam is walking in slow motion with his badass leather jacket. You don't hear anything during this entire trailer, you just see them singing or talking or whatnot, but Seasons of Love plays over the entire thing. He was singing What You Own. I was right across the street while they were filming that scene.

This then turns into a montage of scenes from the entire movie. I don't remember the exact order, or everything, but I can make a list because I remember almost all of it.

-Mark riding his bike through the streets, turning a corner.
-Mark, Maureen and Joanne walking together uptown after their interview with Alexi, Maureen and Joanne arguing and Mark looking on with this "oh, good Lord," look.
-Maureen and Joanne kissing in the same scene. I assume this is right after the whole "will you marry me" thing.
-Roger opening the door and Mimi standing there smiling really flirty with a candle. Roger looking surprised yet very attracted to her.
-Bits of pieces of LMC as they light and relight the candle.
-Maureen going crazy during over the moon.
-Angel and Collins dancing during ICY, and various shots of them cuddling and holding hands as they walk down the street together kissing and hugging and whatnot.
-Roger and Mimi screaming at each other during Another Day as he throws her out into the hallway and they begin to yell.
-Angel doing a backflip off of a wall in the loft during T4U, and looking SMOKIN' in his Santa dress. Wilson is to die for! Collins looking at him adoringly and Roger and Mark looking stunned.
-Fireworks going off during Happy New Year as they all pop bottles of champagne.
-I think during ICY or some other moment, Collins laying his head on Angel's chest as Angel cuddles him and kisses his face. (Aww!)
-Roger singing at a microphone, looking into the audience and seeing April. The two of them riding the subway together and kissing.
-Benny and Mimi hugging and smiling. Don't know what that's about.
-Roger and April crying and holding each other in an alley at night. I'm assuming they just found out about the HIV.
-Angel alone in his bedroom, in what appears to be the middle of him getting dressed or undressed, sitting down in front of his mirror in full drag. He looks at himself for a moment, and takes off of his wig. He looks at himself again for another moment, smiles, before looking down sadly. Again, don't know what that's about.
-Collins sobbing as he drops a rose on Angel's grave, then I'm pretty sure he falls to his knees from how it looked.
-Mark in several different locations, raising his camera and filming stuff.
-Roger running through Tompkins Square Park.
-The whole gang walking through the cemetary after Angel's funeral.
-Angel and Collins riding the subway together, singing Santa Fe. Collins is standing, Angel is sitting, and Mark and Roger, who are sitting next to Angel, join in.
-I *think* it was Maureen, hitting Benny or something. Don't know why. But he was laughing, so to be honest, I have no idea what's going on there.
-The whole group hugging and laughing and kissing outside of the Life Cafe right after the riot.
-The three couples liplocking at midnight in HNY.
-Joanne and Mark tangoing onstage, looking rather pissed and uncomfortable.

Throughout the whole thing, they kept showing shots of the main characters lined up onstage in the spotlights, singing Seasons of Love. Tracie and Jesse (Joanne and Collins) were just INDESCRIBABLE in their solos. Finally, at the end of the montage, they all finished singing/clapping along, and the final shot was all 8 of them lined up onstage in their spotlights. Above their heads the Rent logo appeared. Then, afterwards, in the same font, "Coming this fall," in white on a black screen, and then a very quick shot of Mimi dancing in a street and laughing, in what I assume to be Out Tonight, as she walks home from work. The last frame was "This film is not yet rated," and underneath it, the official website for the movie. Then black, just as Seasons ends.

Now, you are right in that this went VERY fast, and I might have mis-seen/missed a few things, so if anyone else has seen it and wants to correct anything/add anything, go right ahead. I'm just writing it as best as I remember it.

Enjoy!
Updated On: 5/28/05 at 04:30 PM

Greekmusicalfan Profile Photo
Greekmusicalfan
#80re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/28/05 at 5:09pm

SolitaryRose thank you for this great detailed description ! You are so lucky to be among the first to see it ! So, it's finally here ! Now can someone PLEASE leak it online for us, the unfortunate ones who don't live in NYC ? :) Something tells me that apple.com is going to be flooded soon with desperate Rentheads !!

Dreamcatcher Profile Photo
Dreamcatcher
#81re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/28/05 at 5:46pm

Yes thank you so much for the description for those (like me) who can't go out right away to see it! re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!! Seriously that made my day. It sounds so undescribably beautiful. Watch me cry during this trailer. Good lord, I'm going to be such a wreck during the movie if I cry during the trailer....

I wanted to get something that an "ex"-junkie like him would really appreciate and cherish....it's a brick of heroin shaped like a heart. -Scrubs

#82re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/28/05 at 5:57pm

re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!

I was VERY close to sobbing myself. I don't know. It's just...ever since the first time I saw this play, I'd thought it would make such a terrific movie. I always waited anxiously to see if it would happen, so when it was on and off and on and off and on and off it drove me nuts. I remember years, YEARS ago thinking to myself, "one day, when I'm in a theatre and I see a Rent trailer, I will die." And today...it finally happened. I actually had tears in my eyes, I couldn't process what I was seeing. It gave me chills. I'm SURE it'll be up by next week online, and you guys can see what I mean. Everyone in the theatre must've thought I was nuts. I gasped REALLY loud and my hands flew to my cheeks and I leaned forward and gripped my seat really tight, and just watched with my mouth hanging open. The woman next to me was looking at me with this, "WTF, MATE?!" expression on her face. re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!

When it was over my heart was racing. I was so emotional. However, I'm an EXTREMELY emotional person, so it probably affected me far more than it would a normal person. Heh.

But yeah. Keep checking apple for updates!

Em-LEE
#83re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/28/05 at 6:17pm

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

loudasthehelliwant Profile Photo
loudasthehelliwant
#84re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/28/05 at 6:37pm

"I mean, think about it. What could I possibly gain from lying, and what would be my motivation?"

Plus, you'd be found out REALLY fast. If it wasn't coming out anywhere this weekend, we would know about it in 3 days. And if it was, and you had just made up lies... well, we would know REALLY fast. There'd be no point to it, b/c we'd eventually lynch you. LOL.

(That's why I trust you. That, and you have a cool sn. re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!! ).

"I mean, how many of us could honestly say that at one time or another he hasn't set fire to some great public building?"

One Song Glory
#85re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/28/05 at 6:50pm

re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I'm not a gay stereotype. I'm a coincidence.

Greekmusicalfan
#86re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/28/05 at 7:30pm

One thing that makes me laugh though, is that I think that Episode III is the one movie I never though RENT previewing before ! The two films are a galaxy far far away apart ! :)

loudasthehelliwant
#87re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/28/05 at 7:47pm

Well, the bright side about it being shown in front of Star Wars (totally unlikely movie, yes) is that that movie has a *huge* audience. *puts her hair in Leia's hairstyle and tries to slip into the large group of Star Wars fans w/o being noticed by the rentheads... and realizes that there are rentheads lining up w/her b/c they want to see the trailer* re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!

"I mean, how many of us could honestly say that at one time or another he hasn't set fire to some great public building?"

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#88re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/28/05 at 9:10pm

This is also apparently playing at AMC theatres in Los Angeles (before Stars Wars), for anyone in the area. A friend saw it last night.
Updated On: 5/28/05 at 09:10 PM

Greekmusicalfan
#89re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/28/05 at 9:15pm

Yes, it means that the studio wants maximum exposure for RENT, which is a good thing, cause probably the studio has a lot of faith in it ! Maybe they were excited from what they've seen so far !!!

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#90re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/28/05 at 9:20pm

Someone tell me why Apple Quicktime trailers already has the teaser for THE DA VINCI CODE online, which comes out a year from now, and there still isn't one for RENT, which comes out six months from now, online.

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde

loudasthehelliwant
#91re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/28/05 at 9:26pm

Because more people will go "OMG! DA VINCI CODE!" than "OMG! RENT" (Though, I think we've all proven that there are QUTIE A FEW "OMG! RENT!"heads out there :P). The Da Vinci code is something that many, many people are interested in seeing (as opposed to our large minority of people here who are going to go into cardiace arrest if we don't get that trailer by Monday/even when we do get that trailer...), and Rent is an R-rated musical. re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!

Alix Profile Photo
Alix
#92re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/28/05 at 9:36pm

wow. I really need to see this now. Jus tthe trailer alone sounds too incredible for words. I can't even imagine waht this is going to be like sitting down in a theater and watching Rent. It sitll doesn't feel like that is actually possible.

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#93re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/28/05 at 9:38pm

Listen, be happy that a trailer is out this early! Most films get a teaser six months before the film opens, not a 2.30 trailer like RENT. And yes, Da Vinci Code gets a teaser a year early because its probably the most anticipated film adaptation of a book since GONE WITH THE WIND.

loudasthehelliwant
#94re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/28/05 at 9:49pm

PRECISELY, Michael Bennet. re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#95re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/28/05 at 9:55pm

That I realize, I'm not an idiot. I just meant that I was expecting the teaser to be online by this point.

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde

TabooWickedFan Profile Photo
TabooWickedFan
#96re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/28/05 at 9:57pm

emcee i love your icon. that was a fun day, Raul was so funny.

"But I relish every brillant inspired moment. This is who I'm determined to be- an actor/singer/dancer-no, I take that back, this is who I am. These people are my tribe, my destiny. I know it. -How I Paid for College; A story of sex, theft, friendship and musical theater.

luvtheEmcee
#97re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/28/05 at 10:16pm

I walked past a movie theatre today, and really want to go in and haggle them about the trailer.

Thanks, TabooWickedFan. I'm sorry, I love him but... too friggin' funny.

rentmovie1205
#98re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/28/05 at 10:42pm

I live in pennsylvania less than 5 hours from nyc and we didnt have a trailer for it in front of star wars. I really don't know if there is a trailer or not. I have a message into anthony now.

luvtheEmcee
#99re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/28/05 at 10:44pm

There IS a trailer. The fact that is exists is not a lie.

Videos