pixeltracker

"Jersey Boys" San Francisco- Page 4

"Jersey Boys" San Francisco

mll85
#75re: 'Jersey Boys' San Francisco
Posted: 2/16/07 at 3:04pm

I always rush when I go see the show because I only get back to the city one or two weekends a month due to school. I'm assuming a lot of people would rush the closing performance so I'll just buy the ticket when the closing date is set in stone. Hopefully that's not anytime soon. Until then I'll keep rushing.

WickedOne2 Profile Photo
WickedOne2
#76re: 'Jersey Boys' San Francisco
Posted: 2/19/07 at 5:53pm

JLY has told me for months that he really wants to do the LA run of Jersey Boys so I would not be surprised if he ends up doing it, especially since I believe he is contracted in New York until sometime in April. There has also been rumors for some time that some of the Broadway cast may do LA but the only one I know is JLY so I don't know if there is really any truth to that

JimiSF-- I saw Hairspray in LA and the only cast member who reprised a role was Marissa Jaret Winokur. Matthew Morrisson dropped out shortly before the run to do another project. Bruce Vilanch did Broadway later.

"I wish the stage were as narrow as the wire of a tightrope dancer, so that no incompetent would dare step upon it." Goethe

FlyingMonkey1223 Profile Photo
FlyingMonkey1223
#77re: 'Jersey Boys' San Francisco
Posted: 2/19/07 at 6:18pm

Gosh, I'd love to see this but decent seats are VERY expensive and hard to find!

Anna_Elizabeth Profile Photo
Anna_Elizabeth
#78re: 'Jersey Boys' San Francisco
Posted: 2/19/07 at 6:19pm

Aren't a few of the cast members originally from the L.A. area (since it was in La Jolla), before moving to NYC with the show? Or have they already moved their families to NYC with them?

WickedOne2 Profile Photo
WickedOne2
#79re: 'Jersey Boys' San Francisco
Posted: 2/19/07 at 11:21pm

Christian told me he is from San Diego. I know Daniel went to University of Michigan because my fiance knows the mother of someone who went to U of M with Daniel. I think he is originally from Ohio. I don't know where Bobby is from but I know Michael Longoria is from LA.

"I wish the stage were as narrow as the wire of a tightrope dancer, so that no incompetent would dare step upon it." Goethe

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#80re: 'Jersey Boys' San Francisco
Posted: 2/19/07 at 11:49pm

Gosh, I'd love to see this but decent seats are VERY expensive and hard to find!

Rush has been pretty insane on the weekends, too.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

jochang621 Profile Photo
jochang621
#81re: 'Jersey Boys' San Francisco
Posted: 2/24/07 at 9:44pm

ok, who threw the red bra on stage today at the matinee show?? hilarious - erich bergen, i noticed, couldn't stop laughing. ^^

what a fun show! it's improved a lot since previews.

mizzairee
#82re: 'Jersey Boys' San Francisco
Posted: 2/24/07 at 10:45pm

Haha, I was at the matinee today too! That was hilarious. I have no idea who threw it up there though... I was in the first row, and it sort of just flew over our heads.

A day I don't dance is a day I don't live.

LizzieCurry
#83re: 'Jersey Boys' San Francisco
Posted: 2/25/07 at 12:07am

LOL!! What scene was this?

mll85
#84re: 'Jersey Boys' San Francisco
Posted: 2/25/07 at 1:30am

I've been to a show where a lady threw a scarf on stage but seriously, someone threw a bra on stage? I wish I could've seen the guys reaction to that.

HumATune Profile Photo
HumATune
#85re: 'Jersey Boys' San Francisco
Posted: 2/25/07 at 3:07am

Here’s something interesting. While waiting at BART today after Legally Blonde, I heard two men talking about San Francisco theatre. One said that Jersey Boys would be around for a year, but they were going to release tickets slowly because of what happened with Lion King. (They announced a six month extension and ticket sales dropped, because as he put it “people thought they could “just see it later”).

So take that as you will.

Jovie24 Profile Photo
Jovie24
#86re: 'Jersey Boys' San Francisco
Posted: 2/25/07 at 3:16am

That is correct, they want to have it play out till December, but they will release tickets as supply and demand. They don't want to short change themselves and that is very smart!

"Now the best way to learn the theater, always, is to be a stage manager" -Stephen Sondheim

shesamarshmallow
#87re: 'Jersey Boys' San Francisco
Posted: 2/25/07 at 3:29am

The bra thing (and especially Erich & Devon's reactions) was HILARIOUS!
Saw this for the first time today, and it exceeded all expectations. And the cast was so gracious at the stage door. Loved it! 9am, first in line for rush, totally worth it.

broadwayunderstudies.com - most underrated performers on broadway

jochang621 Profile Photo
jochang621
#88re: 'Jersey Boys' San Francisco
Posted: 2/25/07 at 11:08am

thanks for the info, humatune!

the bra thing occurred sometime in the first act, after one of their big songs where the four of them are lined up downstage. i hope the thrower got her bra back, it was a secret embrace victoria secret bra. re: 'Jersey Boys' San Francisco

i talked to michael ingersoll, who briefly told me that they don't know what'll happen after mid april. he did say tho, that he was slated to go do the show in L.A. So like previous speculation, perhaps another cast will take its place?? I *am* starting to get attached to this cast though...

mizzairee
#89re: 'Jersey Boys' San Francisco
Posted: 2/25/07 at 1:27pm

Yeah, the bra thing happened right after "Walk like a Man." I wonder if they ever found out who threw it.

All the rumors are saying that the current SF cast will go to LA and SF will get a new one... but I agree, jochang, I'm really attached to this one. I'm going to be so sad when they leave!

LizzieCurry
#90re: 'Jersey Boys' San Francisco
Posted: 2/25/07 at 1:36pm

I'd think it'd just be easier (logistically, paperwork stuff, relocation, etc...) to keep more people here and establish a new company in LA rather than doing a mega-shuffle, but I guess we'll see.

Bwahahaha, bra after "Walk Like a Man." That is precious. Who picked it up? re: 'Jersey Boys' San Francisco

shesamarshmallow
#91re: 'Jersey Boys' San Francisco
Posted: 2/25/07 at 1:42pm

Deven, and he discreetly put it in his jacket. And winked, I think. It was hilarious.

broadwayunderstudies.com - most underrated performers on broadway
Updated On: 2/25/07 at 01:42 PM

mizzairee
#92re: 'Jersey Boys' San Francisco
Posted: 2/25/07 at 2:06pm

Yeah, he winked. I couldn't stop laughing... and neither could Erich. Haha.

I agree, Lizzy, it'd be a lot easier to keep the current cast here in SF and have a new one in LA...

LeadingMan051990
#93re: 'Jersey Boys' San Francisco
Posted: 2/25/07 at 2:07pm

Does anyone know if Erich Bergen and Jackie Seiden are dating? They're both first on eachother's myspace friends (could just be good friends, I know), but I was just wondering. Also, because my gay friend swore that Erich Bergen stared at him from onstage for like 10 seconds during "Walk Like a Man"

mll85
#94re: 'Jersey Boys' San Francisco
Posted: 2/25/07 at 3:08pm

I was ordering tickets for the SF run of Virginia Woolf and decide to check Jersey Boys and they extended another week, the last day being 4/22. It confirms what HumATune and Jovie24 said about how tickets are being released. It seems with every week that passes, they get another week extension.

On another note, I hope this cast sticks around and they have a new cast for LA. I think the cast we have in SF are made up of great people and they have great chemistry, they rock. It would take some getting used to if we got a new cast.

Broadway4Life2
#95re: 'Jersey Boys' San Francisco
Posted: 2/25/07 at 8:49pm

I was @ yesterday's matinee too. The show is so awesome! I'd love to see it again. Maybe I'll rush next time. The only thing I didn't like was that I felt Chris's falsetto needs to be a lot stronger. But other than that I loved the show! Especially Erich as Bob. And someone's cell phone went off in my section which pissed me off the rest of the night. I wanted to hit them.

alastor Profile Photo
alastor
#96re: 'Jersey Boys' San Francisco
Posted: 2/25/07 at 9:35pm

omg I can't believe someone did that! I wish I was there to see that lol. Erich Bergen just kept on laughing? That's hilarious. Those guys are great though, I agree about getting attached to them:)

jochang621 Profile Photo
jochang621
#97re: 'Jersey Boys' San Francisco
Posted: 2/25/07 at 11:00pm

yeah, it was pretty funny b/c i think christopher kale jones was trying to keep a straight face but erich look like he gave up trying. re: 'Jersey Boys' San Francisco he just burst out into laughing. and since he had the first line after everyone else exits the stage, he made some comment like, "Well that was our hat trick for the night". I don't think that's usually in the script.

alastor Profile Photo
alastor
#98re: 'Jersey Boys' San Francisco
Posted: 2/25/07 at 11:06pm

haha yeah I think the line is "and that was the hat trick" I guess Eric added the "for the night" because of what happened lol

mizzairee
#99re: 'Jersey Boys' San Francisco
Posted: 2/25/07 at 11:17pm

Haha, yeah, Christopher was trying to stay serious, I can't remember Michael's reaction...

Updated On: 3/4/07 at 11:17 PM

Videos