pixeltracker

The OFFICIAL S.A. Didn't Deserve Thread- Page 4

The OFFICIAL S.A. Didn't Deserve Thread

shira467 Profile Photo
shira467
#75re: The OFFICIAL S.A. Didn't Deserve Thread
Posted: 6/11/07 at 12:29am

I'm still reeling. Best CHOREOGRAPHY? Seriously. Best BOOK? Read the play..

Deet: Shira, I Love You!

defyingravity11 Profile Photo
defyingravity11
#76re: The OFFICIAL S.A. Didn't Deserve Thread
Posted: 6/11/07 at 2:15am

choreography, book, direction, best musical

"In theater, the process of it is the experience. Everyone goes through the process, and everyone has the experience together. It doesn't last - only in people's memories and in their hearts. That's the beauty and sadness of it. But that's life - beauty and the sadness. And that is why theater is life." - Sherie Rene Scott

wonderland
#77re: The OFFICIAL S.A. Didn't Deserve Thread
Posted: 6/11/07 at 2:28am

For what it's worth, I've never liked the show. To call it a brand new concept and style must really piss off Galt McDermot, who did the same thing in the late 60's- use a thin plot to string together some "controversial" songs about teenage sex, throw some gratuitous nudity in, and hope that no one would speak up and say the emperor has no clothes. There was nothing new on Broadway this year; there hasn't been since Urinetown, and even that had throwbacks. Spring Awakening will run for another couple of years, but in 2040 people will be trying to figure out what the big deal is, much like our generation is with Hair now.

FranklinShepard-Inc.
#78re: The OFFICIAL S.A. Didn't Deserve Thread
Posted: 6/11/07 at 2:35am

I cry for Curtains re: The OFFICIAL S.A. Didn't Deserve Thread

hopefully it'll still have a healthy run.

FutureAladdinOnB'Way
#79re: The OFFICIAL S.A. Didn't Deserve Thread
Posted: 6/11/07 at 2:39am

Finally I get to vent, that was the worst trash I have seen ever, my friends had never heard of Spring Awakening and they said it must be good if it's getting all of the Tony Awards and then after it's performance, they were like " That's what won?" come on people? Best Choreography SHOULD have been Mary Poppins! Best Book SHOULD have been Grey Gardens! Best Orchestrations SHOULD have gone to LoveMusik and I was PRAYING Best Musical would go to Mary Poppins! Spring Awakening will be closed in a few years! It's the most over-rated show to ever hit Broadway! Next year will be SO much better to watch Young Frankenstein and Little Mermaid duke it out for awards!

clarkstallings
#80re: The OFFICIAL S.A. Didn't Deserve Thread
Posted: 6/11/07 at 2:42am

ON the SA website, there is the feature that has real time cell phone blogs from folks associated with the show. They were blogging all during evening. One posting said "This show has changed Broadway forever!" I'm LMAO now. These people really think highly of themselves. I mean, I'll give them props for some innovation, but book and choreography?

popular_elphie Profile Photo
popular_elphie
#81re: The OFFICIAL S.A. Didn't Deserve Thread
Posted: 6/11/07 at 2:43am

Why did they fuse Skylar and Lauren into one person?

FutureAladdinOnB'Way
#82re: The OFFICIAL S.A. Didn't Deserve Thread
Posted: 6/11/07 at 2:45am

It sure changed my life, think twice before touching myself..

wonderland
#83re: The OFFICIAL S.A. Didn't Deserve Thread
Posted: 6/11/07 at 2:52am

Right? What is the innovation? Am I really just not getting it? What speaks so highly to today's teens- I mean, ****, I'm 24- am I just too old for this?

FutureAladdinOnB'Way
#84re: The OFFICIAL S.A. Didn't Deserve Thread
Posted: 6/11/07 at 2:58am

I'm 15 and find nothing innovative about it! I don't even have to take Health Class anymore, I'll just go see Spring Awakening and they teach everything to me in song!

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#85re: The OFFICIAL S.A. Didn't Deserve Thread
Posted: 6/11/07 at 3:35am

curtains, mp and gg are all standard book musicals they are all great shows, but whats so diffrent about them from other book musicals? and dont say well the score etc etc etc . there is nothing groundbreaking about the shows themselves, and no the performance dont count, it really seems to me that the hate for sa is cus the audences are young and or fan girls. and thank god, for that, it bringing new audences into the theater. but back to the fan girls and the hate for them

i will bet that all you that hate on the fan girls were all fan girls/boys for some show at some point, otherwise you wouldnt be here now would you?

Zzzzz, I wonder if the show will now only have teeny followers and creepy defense posts like this.

It really is too bad, if the show would've gotten the recognition it really deserves, it might have more credibility, but at least I felt as if someone had paid for the awards, or the voters were too lazy to go watch the other shows - they voted by reviews and buzz.
Of course the creators have changed Broadway forever, isn't winning all these awards for this attempt of a show a good example that you don't really need to try that hard to win nowadays? And I'm not saying the show is bad or that it lacks energy, but it truly is very simple - and I'm sure will discourage a lot of more complex pieces to reach the stage.

If you're going to throw every award to one show, then eliminate the categories and just give one overall award, but in my own most humble opinion, this show has less credibility than ever if you want to let everyone think it deserved pretty much every award it ran for. I really didn't wish it the Rent/Producers/Spamalot hype - good shows, with great elements. But, please, trying to make people believe that it has changed the universe is funny- then we're just sitting there trying really hard to find where all these divine gifts to theatre are, as opposed to just enjoy a good production.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE
Updated On: 6/11/07 at 03:35 AM

Jellylorum Profile Photo
Jellylorum
#86re: The OFFICIAL S.A. Didn't Deserve Thread
Posted: 6/11/07 at 5:38am

There were a few things (Gallagher, Wright, a couple songs, and the lighting) I liked about this show, but as a whole, I don't like it. I don't get why it's so hyped up, and I especially hate it when people say this is an innovative show that is changing Broadway forever. I don't see what's so innovative about this show.

Eh, at least the other best musical nominees got a few awards.

"It's a goddamn beautiful day, shut up!"
Updated On: 6/11/07 at 05:38 AM

kasim Profile Photo
kasim
#87re: The OFFICIAL S.A. Didn't Deserve Thread
Posted: 6/11/07 at 6:08am

jerseyboylover> I agree.

Legally blonde hands down over GG or SA for choreogarphy.

Book .. i think thats more of a tosup.

TommyTunesSon
#88re: The OFFICIAL S.A. Didn't Deserve Thread
Posted: 6/11/07 at 6:25am

Spring Awakening totally deserved all of its 7 tonys and esp. Bill T. Jones for his amazing mesmerizing choreography - you Spring Awakening haters are just bizzare!!

Kalimba Profile Photo
Kalimba
#89re: The OFFICIAL S.A. Didn't Deserve Thread
Posted: 6/11/07 at 6:33am

Bill T. Jones' behavior last night when it was announced his work won as best choreography was downright obnoxious. After seeing the example of his work in the number that was shown last night, my reaction was "WTF, that won?".

shiksa_goddess Profile Photo
shiksa_goddess
#90re: The OFFICIAL S.A. Didn't Deserve Thread
Posted: 6/11/07 at 6:37am

Why does this seriously surprise any of you? The Tony voters seem to go into this thing half-assed now. It's not the end of the world....

Videos