News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

bare The Complete Studio Recording- Page 4

bare The Complete Studio Recording

fishergirl819 Profile Photo
fishergirl819
#75re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 8/2/07 at 12:16am

Spoke to Natalie Joy Johnson tonight, who had no idea there was a CD coming out. I think that means its a pretty safe bet to say she's not involved, lol.

outovfashion07
#76re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 8/2/07 at 12:18am

Poo. Oh well

brdlwyr
#77re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 8/2/07 at 12:21am

The title of this thread is bare The Compleate Namo??

boatsintheghetto Profile Photo
boatsintheghetto
#78re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 8/2/07 at 12:36am

Somehow, it seems like its late to be recording for a september release. it seems like it would have been recorded before now, but they're just now announcing it? I thought it took a while to do a cd.

brdlwyr
#79re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 8/2/07 at 12:41am

Izzy?

outovfashion07
#80re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 8/2/07 at 12:51am

Who do we think Doyle will sing for? Peter? Jason? IDK him very well so it's really up to the rest of you.

brdlwyr
#81re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 8/2/07 at 12:56am

I just read at ATC that Streisand might play mimi!

outovfashion07
#82re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 8/2/07 at 1:15am

brdlwyr, GO AWAY. If you dont have anything usefor or even slightly relevant then don't post. I wouldnt even mind if you were bashin it or whatever but right now your just frustrating.

brdlwyr
#83re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 8/2/07 at 1:21am

usefor?

shiksa_goddess Profile Photo
shiksa_goddess
#84re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 8/2/07 at 6:18pm

I am insanely excited for this album. I have been in contact with some of the Bare team, and they are quite excited for this too. Familiar voices doesn't exactly mean people from the NYC cast re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording

outovfashion07
#85re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 8/2/07 at 7:10pm

Shiksa do you know something? You MUST pm me if you do. I can keep a secret.

crushgroove
#86re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 8/2/07 at 7:51pm

Michael Arden isn't involved, talked to him last night. re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording

outovfashion07
#87re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 8/2/07 at 7:59pm

So I am thinking we aren't gonna get anyone from either cast in this.

PS Is anyone going to Spring Awakening soon that could try to pry some info from Matt?

spiderdj82 Profile Photo
spiderdj82
#88re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 8/2/07 at 9:49pm

I am HIGHLY upset that Michael Arden isn't a part of it. To me, he was the glue that held everything together and his vocals are out of this world.

"They're eating her and then they're going to eat me. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!" -Troll 2

shiksa_goddess Profile Photo
shiksa_goddess
#89re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 8/2/07 at 10:35pm

I wish I could tell you outov, but I just can't. =(

Michael was vocally great, but he really and completely changed the character of Peter. After getting over his vocal talent, I completely realized that his Peter is not a likable character IMO.

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#90re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 8/2/07 at 11:41pm

I respect your IMO but Michael's Peter was the heart and soul of the NYC production, He showed the flaws of a young guy going thru his journey.

playbilled
#91re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 8/3/07 at 10:03pm

Okay,

I just have to say that i am so friggin excited about this album. For me, this is not about Michael and this is not about the ATA production. I love this music so much, and knowing that Damon is pretty much in charge of this whole thing, I'm positive that he'll bring it to life the right way. This show has had many productions, many audiences, and many casts. I think it may be ignorant to make a judgment just because it's not the New York cast recording. I loved Michael (he's so cute and so talented) but I'm hardly upset that he's not on it. Sure, no one thinks about LA as a theatre world..but the show is even more of a cult hit there than it was here.which just proves that there is talent outside of that one memorable (but let's be honest flawed) ATA production. I'm excited if there are new voices on it! I donno, I just think we should all wait and see before we dismiss it.

outovfashion07
#92re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 8/4/07 at 12:46am

So who would we all like to see everyone start posting your dreamcast lists... haha

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#93re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 8/4/07 at 12:48am

Every role played by Idina Menzel.

It'll sell. Trust me.

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

DMsquared2 Profile Photo
DMsquared2
#94re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 8/4/07 at 1:30am

Familiar voices meaning other Broadway performers?

I know Harvey Fierstein will sing the hell out of "Are You There?" and Lord knows Elaine Stritch will belt an amazing "All Grown Up".re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording

But seriously...I am VERY excited that there will finally be a complete recording of the show. September 25th is my birthday so this is a great gift.

RentBoy86
#95re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 8/4/07 at 2:16am

I'm glad we're getting some "unknowns" to sing the roles. It's nice to hear a fresh take on the roles.

And after seeing BARE - I didn't feel like Michael's Peter had any sort of arc to his character. Sure, I agree that he was the heart and soul, and he has a great voice, but I don't feel like his character took much of a journey and in the end was he really any different than the begining? He never seemed to come out of his shell.

playbilled
#96re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 8/4/07 at 3:07am

It would be cool to see some completely new and unexpected names come in. (not boring, "I know I'll never hear about you again.." names...but new people to obsess over and follow their careers haha!) I think that would be interesting. SOME familiar faces would be nice I guess...but this is all based in LA where Damon is recording it...The only one there is Jenna because of Wicked. She did the LA company too...she's a maybe...

I guess some of the other LA cast members are probably there...I wish I knew more about them but I don't. I know my friend who saw the LA production was obsessed with the guy who played Matt.

Updated On: 8/4/07 at 03:07 AM

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#97re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 8/4/07 at 4:06am

As far as the legitimacy of the album is concerned Playbill.com ran a story about it yesterday with a 9/25 release date and a link to that website.
Take that as you will.

....but the world goes 'round

playbilled
#98re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 8/4/07 at 10:31am

nice to know it's not a small cult musical scam haha.

I really didn't think it wasn't legit...I put my email address in the second I saw the website.

I'm dying for them to just announce who's on this thing on the 15th.

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#99re: bare The Compleate Studio Recording
Posted: 8/4/07 at 10:40am

Here it is:

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/109983.html

....but the world goes 'round

Videos