pixeltracker

Becky Gulsvig breaks toe, Lauren Zakrin Elle for two weeks, and also the new Elle?- Page 4

Becky Gulsvig breaks toe, Lauren Zakrin Elle for two weeks, and also the new Elle?

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#75re: Becky Gulsvig breaks toe, Lauren Zakrin Elle for two weeks, and also th
Posted: 1/10/09 at 10:28pm

She's going to D.C. to rehearse. She will debut in Michigan. I assume Lauren will be on tomorrow.

skander2 Profile Photo
skander2
#76re: Becky Gulsvig breaks toe, Lauren Zakrin Elle for two weeks, and also th
Posted: 1/10/09 at 10:46pm

so lauren is apparently splitting the next six weeks with laura bell. wonder how that's going to work out.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#77re: Becky Gulsvig breaks toe, Lauren Zakrin Elle for two weeks, and also th
Posted: 1/10/09 at 10:50pm

How did they ever get Laura Bell Bundy, a Tony nominated actress who originated the role on Broadway, to split the role with the 4th place finisher from the reality show?

That doesn't seem right...

sayokay
#78re: Becky Gulsvig breaks toe, Lauren Zakrin Elle for two weeks, and also th
Posted: 1/10/09 at 10:53pm

i think it's more of the point that laura bell bundy holds truth that elle was the role that gave her the breakthrough and to give her a chance to do a favor back to the producers when they really need her.
Updated On: 1/10/09 at 10:53 PM

skander2 Profile Photo
skander2
#79re: Becky Gulsvig breaks toe, Lauren Zakrin Elle for two weeks, and also th
Posted: 1/10/09 at 10:53pm

maybe laura's doing three weeks and then leaving and then lauren's finishing out the next three weeks? no clue. hopefully nick dalton will blog and explain what on earth is going on.

andrewcomp Profile Photo
andrewcomp
#80re: Becky Gulsvig breaks toe, Lauren Zakrin Elle for two weeks, and also th
Posted: 1/10/09 at 11:13pm

I was told by some cast members to not listen to the blog about that kind of stuff, because 99% of the time, he's wrong.

skander2 Profile Photo
skander2
heo1128
#82re: Becky Gulsvig breaks toe, Lauren Zakrin Elle for two weeks, and also th
Posted: 1/10/09 at 11:17pm

"How did they ever get Laura Bell Bundy, a Tony nominated actress who originated the role on Broadway, to split the role with the 4th place finisher from the reality show? "

Hahahah excellent question.

Azuah. Profile Photo
Azuah.
#83re: Becky Gulsvig breaks toe, Lauren Zakrin Elle for two weeks, and also th
Posted: 1/10/09 at 11:21pm

well Rihannon is coming back in St. Louis, and she'll need time to get back into the swing of things also, so I think Laura will be for there for a little bit.

sayokay
#84re: Becky Gulsvig breaks toe, Lauren Zakrin Elle for two weeks, and also th
Posted: 1/10/09 at 11:29pm

just curious: do you guys think that bailey was offered the role before laura bell or after? this all must have happened REALLY fast.

goodmorningbaltimore Profile Photo
goodmorningbaltimore
#85re: Becky Gulsvig breaks toe, Lauren Zakrin Elle for two weeks, and also th
Posted: 1/10/09 at 11:59pm

Laura Bell is also supposed to be teaching a Take It From The Top workshop in Michigan next week (in the same performing arts complex that the show is playing), on the 15th-17th (I'm going to be there), so I have no idea what's going to happen with that now.

andrewcomp Profile Photo
andrewcomp
#86re: Becky Gulsvig breaks toe, Lauren Zakrin Elle for two weeks, and also th
Posted: 1/11/09 at 10:46am

Well, if Nick Dalton is right, he's assuming that LZ will be doing the matinees, while LBB does the evening

theminutepast
#87re: Becky Gulsvig breaks toe, Lauren Zakrin Elle for two weeks, and also th
Posted: 1/11/09 at 4:32pm

Sayokay, I suspect that LBB was offered the role and that, if she had turned it down, they would have called Bailey next. LBB is a more experienced stage actress than Bailey. Jumping into a show with different staging will be easier for LBB. She can probably make the transition quicker and with less rehearsal time than Bailey. Also, the reality show treated LBB as a revered figure. I suspect the producers think that fans of the show would be more excited to see LBB because she was the first and she's the voice on the cast recording and in the MTV recording.

Azuah. Profile Photo
Azuah.
#88re: Becky Gulsvig breaks toe, Lauren Zakrin Elle for two weeks, and also th
Posted: 1/11/09 at 9:43pm

Am I the only one who thinks they should let Lauren open the run in Michigan? I mean it is HER state..

epicamends
#89re: Becky Gulsvig breaks toe, Lauren Zakrin Elle for two weeks, and also th
Posted: 1/11/09 at 9:52pm

Darn. I really don't like LBB's Elle. Oh well.

Glad to here Lauren did well! I'm not a big fan of her, but I've wanted to get a review of her Elle for a while, and one of Rhiannon as well. I'd think Rhiannon would have a tougher time with it, so it'll be interesting to see.

andrewcomp Profile Photo
andrewcomp
#90re: Becky Gulsvig breaks toe, Lauren Zakrin Elle for two weeks, and also th
Posted: 1/11/09 at 9:54pm

If they were smart, they'd just let Laura do it. Lauren is VERY good but they do need a free Elle cover, and if Lauren is to get hurt or strain herself from going on too much, then we are back down to one Elle cover.

Azuah. Profile Photo
Azuah.
#91re: Becky Gulsvig breaks toe, Lauren Zakrin Elle for two weeks, and also th
Posted: 1/12/09 at 12:17am

But isn't that why they're switching off? So they can both rest and perform?

I really hope this doesn't come out wrong but, even though LBB originated it, she's technically there to help Lauren, not to take over.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#92re: Becky Gulsvig breaks toe, Lauren Zakrin Elle for two weeks, and also th
Posted: 1/12/09 at 6:42am

I really hope this doesn't come out wrong but, even though LBB originated it, she's technically there to help Lauren, not to take over.

Haha. Don't be naive. If LBB wanted to do all performances, she would be. This schedule is going to be entirely dictated by her, not Lauren. Lauren will get whatever shows LBB doesn't want.

andrewcomp Profile Photo
andrewcomp
#93re: Becky Gulsvig breaks toe, Lauren Zakrin Elle for two weeks, and also th
Posted: 1/12/09 at 6:44am

Regardless of who's dictating the schedule, they really should just have Laura return for the six week absence of Becky. Come see the original on tour. Not "come see the original on tour, maybe. If she feels like it."

DRSisLove Profile Photo
DRSisLove
#94re: Becky Gulsvig breaks toe, Lauren Zakrin Elle for two weeks, and also th
Posted: 1/12/09 at 7:23am

The tour is already selling well and most going to the show already have their tickets.
People are probably not going to care who they see.

bwaynewbee
#95re: Becky Gulsvig breaks toe, Lauren Zakrin Elle for two weeks, and also th
Posted: 1/12/09 at 9:26am

Nick's blog just posted that it is true!! LBB will be Elle for the next 6 weeks!!

me jellis!!!!

I saw Becky on the first night and thought she was good and would have loved to see LBB though... and I agree with adamgreer that LBB will dictate most likely which shows she will do and Lauren will pick up the rest!! Would have liked to see Rhiannon too!

skander2 Profile Photo
skander2
#96re: Becky Gulsvig breaks toe, Lauren Zakrin Elle for two weeks, and also th
Posted: 1/12/09 at 9:33am

While I think it's true that most are going to buy tickets for the tour either way (or already have their tickets), I know that there are plenty of people who are trying to find out the performance schedule. Some people really do have a preference.

toddlisatyriem Profile Photo
toddlisatyriem
#97re: Becky Gulsvig breaks toe, Lauren Zakrin Elle for two weeks, and also th
Posted: 1/12/09 at 2:16pm

In response to the question from above..... I don't think that they offered it to Bailey before or after LBB. LBB has been a part of the LB family for years and Bailey for mere months. I did however read an interview where Bailey mentioned that she would take an ensemble or swing role in a company because she just loves performing and being a part of the stage that much. From what she has said, I wouldn't be surprised if she would have taken over Lauren's ensemble role if asked.

BrdwyThtr Profile Photo
BrdwyThtr
#98re: Becky Gulsvig breaks toe, Lauren Zakrin Elle for two weeks, and also th
Posted: 1/12/09 at 2:48pm

Lauren's Facebook says she will be doing some shows in her homestate, she's just not sure which.

je veux te voir2 Profile Photo
je veux te voir2
#99re: Becky Gulsvig breaks toe, Lauren Zakrin Elle for two weeks, and also th
Posted: 1/12/09 at 2:51pm

I have the audio of her matinee on the 10th and its very good. I think thats her second show, right?

She always sounded good I think, but she sounds absolutely incredible now. True character, and her voice just SHINES. I'm very impressed.

Videos