"

seth stewart!! lol

http://www.playbill.com/person/seth-stewart-vault-0000097358

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

CercleRouge Profile Photo
CercleRouge
#976The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 7/19/16 at 12:58am

Man I feel bad for anyone who was dying to see this show, buying tickets months ago, and ends up seeing during this weird in-between period. 

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#977The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 7/19/16 at 2:39am

Why feel bad?  Most will still feel they got to see a fabulous show.  I'm going tomorrow night, hoping for the best, and for the unique performance that few others will experience. Not everyone has the ability to compare.

Would I prefer to get to see the new permanent replacements? Sure....especially since they might not still be with the show the next time I go in Feb.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#978The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 7/19/16 at 2:39am

Duplicate post 

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.
Updated On: 7/19/16 at 02:39 AM

bear88
#979The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 7/19/16 at 3:00am

This is where the fact that it's a great show really is a saving grace. Besides, this "weird, in-between period" includes Renee Goldsberry - gone in the fall - singing "Satisfied" and Chris Jackson, who probably won't be with the show much longer because of the TV show he will join. I would be happy to see him "One Last Time." And then there's Javier Munoz, who we ended up seeing in the spring because Lin-Manuel Miranda was out sick. He's terrific.

Besides, I don't feel sorry for any of you people who are seeing this show multiple times and comparing performers. You're lucky.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#980The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 7/19/16 at 10:29am

Just because this is an "in-between" period in terms of cast (un)predictability doesn't mean that the quality of each performance (meaning of the show; not of each actor per se) is affected. I'm surprised people are suggesting that.

Updated On: 7/19/16 at 10:29 AM

neonlightsxo
#981The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 7/19/16 at 10:33am

BroadwayConcierge said: "Just because this is an "in-between" period in terms of cast (un)predictability doesn't mean that the quality of each performance (meaning of the show; not of each actor per se) is affected. I'm surprised people are suggesting that."

You're surprised that people on this board are suggesting crazy things? This is BroadwayWorld. This is the norm.

aaaaaa15
#982The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 7/19/16 at 10:48am

bear88 said: "This is where the fact that it's a great show really is a saving grace. Besides, this "weird, in-between period" includes Renee Goldsberry - gone in the fall - singing "Satisfied" and Chris Jackson, who probably won't be with the show much longer because of the TV show he will join. I would be happy to see him "One Last Time." And then there's Javier Munoz, who we ended up seeing in the spring because Lin-Manuel Miranda was out sick. He's terrific.

Besides, I don't feel sorry for any of you people who are seeing this show multiple times and comparing performers. You're lucky.

"

Not to mention Jasmine Cephas Jones and 'Say No To This'.

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#983The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 7/19/16 at 10:50am

How is Gregory Haney as James Reynolds?

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

MyLife
#984The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 7/19/16 at 11:02am

I love Gregory Haney in that track. His James Reynolds is great and stern but he shines as Philip Schuyler. He is too cute when he plays the father figure.

Jmjazz
#985The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 7/19/16 at 1:25pm

I haven't seen anyone other than LOJ as Burr and have a hard time envisioning anyone else in the role, but that's just me.

Has anyone also noticed that the cancellation line has fallen off drastically?  I read that someone saw that only 2 people were there either yesterday or today not sure.

I also saw that the gross for Hamilton was down.  Thoughts?  That was on BWW.

neonlightsxo
#986The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 7/19/16 at 1:27pm

The show is still completely sold out through the year and beyond- any change in gross will be minor.

Jmjazz
#987The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 7/19/16 at 1:29pm

Great point, but there has been a drastic drop off in the # of people waiting in the cancellation line according to posters on BWW.

neonlightsxo
gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#989The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 7/19/16 at 1:35pm

maybe the hullabaloo is finally cooling after almost 2 years, I'm sure the show will be fine (since after all it is still sold out for the next 8 months or so). Maybe fans will be able to get resale tickets for a bargain (in comparison) soon!

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

celtictiger
#990The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 7/19/16 at 2:39pm

Did anyone here see Miguel Cervantes last night or last Wednesday?

neonlightsxo
#991The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 7/19/16 at 2:41pm

Miguel didn't go on Wednesday. Just last Monday and last night, and he'll be on next Monday.

luvcaroline Profile Photo
luvcaroline
#992The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 7/20/16 at 11:08am

Well, we finally saw Hamilton for the first time this past Monday and I must say that it was as excellent as I expected if to be.  I managed to not listen to any of the OCR prior to seeing this, and had only seen the performances on the Grammys and Tonys.  I was completely blown away, my partner less so (he has a major issue with modern music being used in period pieces, such as Spring Awakening, so I doubt that there was any chance that he would have loved this as much as I did;  even so, he did appreciate the diversity of the cast, the staging, and various specific numbers in the show).  Miguel was Hamilton, Austin was Burr, and Alysha Deslorieux was Eliza.  Since I've never seen this before, I have no other performances to compare them to, but I thought that they were all uniformly excellent.  I understand that Miguel is being used a lot to get him ready for the lead in Chicago, but to me he appeared to have been performing this role for months.  I thought that Austin Smith was wonderful, and one of my favorite parts in the show. I agree with others who felt that he was slightly subdued in this role, but I felt that it served the part well, and I was always aware of his presence.  I regret never getting to see LOJ in this role, but Austin more than made up for this, in my opinion.  Alysha was just fine, but compared to Renee, it would be next to impossible for her to shine, since Renee was just incredible.   I loved the audience.  Everyone was absolutely quiet when they needed to be. It was obvious who the fans were, as the big numbers always got riotous applause (and deservedly so).  This was an absolutely enjoyable night at the theater.

I have not read this entire thread, but I do know that there's been a discussion of whether this musical is truly "groundbreaking."  I have to say, after 45 years of theater-going, that it is groundbreaking, in the way that it uses so many different genres of music in such a seamless fashion, in the movement/dance, in the staging, and finally (and in my opinion, the most important point) in the diversity of the cast.  Most of all, as others have said, we can only hope that this piece leads other creators of stage productions to push themselves harder, and not settle for mediocrity.  The popularity of Hamilton sends a clear message to producers that the theater-going public demand excellence.

Finally, I want to add that this was one of the best "sounding" shows that I've ever heard live.  Going in, I was concerned that I might have difficulty hearing all the lyrics, since I was aware that much of the rapping was very fast.  I had no problems hearing every single word.  Kudos to the sound engineers!

Updated On: 7/20/16 at 11:08 AM

aaaaaa15
#993The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 7/20/16 at 11:39am

Thanks for that review, how nice to hear from someone who went in almost completely fresh.

Updated On: 7/20/16 at 11:39 AM

luvcaroline
#994The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 7/20/16 at 11:55am

Thanks aaaa15. Believe me, I was tempted many times to listen to the OCR on Tidal, but I knew that this was going to be a special experience and I wanted to go into it (almost) completely fresh, and I'm so glad that I did. Now the OCR is about to be on "repeat" for the next several weeks!

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#995The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 7/20/16 at 12:14pm

luvcaroline, so glad you enjoyed it!  I, too, didn't listen to the cast recording or read the Hamilton threads prior to my first time seeing the show in November.  I felt my enjoyment of the show was hindered by not being familiar with the music, plus I was in the last row of the rear mezzanine.  I enjoyed the show a lot more upon seeing it for the second time in March.  I also had a much better seat (7th row center orchestra), so I think that helped tremendously.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#996The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 7/20/16 at 12:42pm

Thanks for your lovely review, luvcaroline!

luvcaroline
#997The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 7/20/16 at 12:44pm

We were in Row Q side orchestra, which was a great location, and that likely helped our enjoyment. 

Seeing the lighting from that angle was magical. 

Updated On: 7/20/16 at 12:44 PM

Jmjazz
#998The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 7/20/16 at 3:54pm

Does anyone know why Lexi Lawson has been out forso long?   

neonlightsxo

Videos