pixeltracker

"The Curious Incident..." Previews- Page 5

"The Curious Incident..." Previews

Ragged Tear
#100curious incident previews
Posted: 9/12/14 at 5:02pm

I bought one track of the incidental music on iTunes (the music for the post-show scene, called "Maths Appendix").

I believe the album is called "Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time" on iTunes, rather than the very clever "Curious Incidentals" that shows on the artwork for the track. The composer/listed artist is Adrian Sutton. I am posting a link to the album on iTunes.
iTunes link

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#101curious incident previews
Posted: 9/12/14 at 7:05pm

Saw this last night and thought it was fantastic. The staging and direction were beautiful, and the cast was strong but Alex Sharp's performance was tremendous. I really do hope he wins the Tony (I know it's premature to say that in September). He's giving one of the best performances I've seen in a long time.

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

#102curious incident previews
Posted: 9/12/14 at 7:19pm

Please post Christopher Schedule once anyone hears.
Even "suspected" schedule.
My Guess was Alternate to do Wednesday Evenings and Saturday Matinees,
but that is strictly a guess on my part.
can't wait to see this!

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#103curious incident previews
Posted: 9/12/14 at 8:45pm

The music is also available on Google Play. That is where I bought it. I like listening to it at night before bed.

Just give the world Love.

TamzBway
#104curious incident previews
Posted: 9/12/14 at 11:47pm

Thanks.
I went around 3pm today and got Box B (left) seat 4. The view was ok but I did miss a lot that happened on the left side, even though the box office rep assured me it wasn't too partial-view.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#105curious incident previews
Posted: 9/12/14 at 11:51pm

How much was your box seat?

dreaming Profile Photo
dreaming
#106curious incident previews
Posted: 9/13/14 at 8:18am

I got a box seat and moved to the front of the box in back of me after intermission. I wouldn't complain. It was $37 and I loved the show. (The rear boxes offer the best view from what I can discern. I had a 98% view for the second act.)

I was on the house right and thought it was fine.

homeimp
#107curious incident previews
Posted: 9/13/14 at 12:21pm

I find this kind of signature pretentious as well. Not necessary despite Matt's nasty rebuke.

dreaming Profile Photo
dreaming
#108curious incident previews
Posted: 9/13/14 at 12:25pm

I think Alex Sharp is very, very good. However, Bradley Cooper may prove to be a worthy competitor (he was the only thing about Three Days of Rain that was any good-and he's supposed to be amazing in The Elephant Man. Plus, this is a season chock full of plays. I don't envy anyone making decisions about these categories.)

ZiggyCringe
#109curious incident previews
Posted: 9/13/14 at 6:11pm

Running time on Broadway?

I'm curious because I saw the show at the Apollo in London a year ago April, and the first act ran an hour and 45minutes. I just saw it again yesterday in London at the Geilgud, and the first act ran just over an hour. There was about a half hour cut, mostly stuff which involved Christopher's school mates and his neighbors. The second acts were exactly the same.

I don't think the show suffers any with the cuts, it's actually tighter. I guess they went back into rehearsal and rethought it after the roof caved in?

As far as alternates are concerned, I can't imagine doing this show eight times a week. Not only does Christopher never leave the stage, he spends a huge amount of time screaming at the top of his lungs.

Looking forward to seeing it in NY.

#110curious incident previews
Posted: 9/14/14 at 2:44pm

I did some digging and got a response from the Christopher Alternate in London.
They are on a different schedule (Thursday Matinees and Dark Sunday)compared to Wednesday Matinee and Dark Monday for Broadway. He does 3 Performances a week
(Monday, Thursday Matinee and Saturday Matinee). We will have to wait and see what happens with Broadway but my guess is 1 of the performances Wednesday and Saturday Matinees, with the occasional 3rd show thrown in.
or
Week 1-Wednesday Evening/Saturday Matinee
Week 2-Tuesday Evening/Wednesday Matinee/Saturday Matinee

Updated On: 9/14/14 at 02:44 PM

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#111curious incident previews
Posted: 9/14/14 at 4:24pm

Ziggy, it ran about 2:40.

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

TheatreKid3
#112curious incident previews
Posted: 9/14/14 at 10:36pm

What, if any, are the merch offerings for this show? London's was very sparse at the Apollo when I saw it there.

LimelightMike Profile Photo
LimelightMike
#113curious incident previews
Posted: 9/15/14 at 1:07am

Thanks for the info!

Has Taylor been on yet?

Maybe this coming week will shed some light?

jaybrrd
#114curious incident previews
Posted: 9/15/14 at 4:52pm

Any word on if the Maths Appendix has been put in yet? Seeing it again tonight... don't want to sit for ten minutes waiting for it to not happen again...

followspot Profile Photo
followspot
#115curious incident previews
Posted: 9/16/14 at 12:10am

The post curtain call scene was in tonight. Fun bonus. :)

"Tracy... Hold Mama's waffles."

LimelightMike Profile Photo
LimelightMike
#116curious incident previews
Posted: 9/16/14 at 12:11am

Who was on for 'Christopher' tonight?

getatme
#117curious incident previews
Posted: 9/16/14 at 12:52am

Alexander Sharp was on tonight. Trensch hasn't gone on yet. I imagine he'll go on at least once this week, though, as it's their first "full" (7 shows) week.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#118curious incident previews
Posted: 9/16/14 at 12:58am

Has anyone tried the rush for this lately? Are there rush tickets available later in the afternoon? Updated On: 9/16/14 at 12:58 AM

ultraviolet99
#119curious incident previews
Posted: 9/16/14 at 1:13am

I rushed this morning. Got there at 8:15, was 3rd in line. No one joined the line until 9:15 after me. When the box office opened there were around 10 people in line. They only sell the boxes for rush which allows for 24 seats. Mostly everyone seemed to buying 2 so today the rush probably sold out quick.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#120curious incident previews
Posted: 9/16/14 at 1:18am

Ah, so there's a set amount of seats. Thanks for the info.

pennydreadful Profile Photo
pennydreadful
#121curious incident previews
Posted: 9/16/14 at 1:30am

The theater was packed tonight, and that was a joyous curtain call. What a breathtaking performance! I forgot this kid was acting. Loved the "extra" at the end!

I had a TDF ticket, and was in the rear mezz, row B. Not a bad seat, but I plan to go back with a front row mezz ticket next time. That would be perfect.

rjm516
#122curious incident previews
Posted: 9/16/14 at 10:26am

Has anyone seen it on Broadway yet who had also seen it in London? I saw it in London and while I thought it was very solid and well done I wasn't blown away. And it sounds like everyone seeing it on Broadway is being blown away! So I'd like to know if anyone can report significant differences and improvements. I don't know if I want to see it again if it is generally comparable.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#123curious incident previews
Posted: 9/16/14 at 5:56pm

Just got invited to see it this evening. Pretty excited!

Just give the world Love.

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#124curious incident previews
Posted: 9/16/14 at 7:30pm

I'll be there tonight in the rear mezz. I've been looking forward to this for a couple years now, so I'm beyond excited. The novel is one of my all-time favorites.

TodayTix is my new favorite thing, also.

Videos