pixeltracker

Wicked Casting for 2018-2019- Page 5

Wicked Casting for 2018-2019

Phillytheatreguy10 Profile Photo
Phillytheatreguy10
#100Wicked Casting for 2018-2019
Posted: 11/14/18 at 10:05pm

Anyone know how long Kyle Dean will be in for?

James Kerrigan2
#101Wicked Casting for 2018-2019
Posted: 11/18/18 at 6:13pm

Gina Claire Mason was just at The Gershwin yesterday so does that mean she's the next Glinda?

Would Love Katie Rose Clarke though I missed her the last time back in 2011 with Teal Wicks i still loved Laura Woyasz but would have rather seen Katie Rose Clarke.

GreeneStreet Profile Photo
GreeneStreet
#102Wicked Casting for 2018-2019
Posted: 11/18/18 at 6:43pm

For the 1,000 time now, Ginna Clarie is NOT the next glinda

CedricOates
#103Wicked Casting for 2018-2019
Posted: 11/18/18 at 8:04pm

My first post to get 100 posts :)

mailhandler777
#104Wicked Casting for 2018-2019
Posted: 11/19/18 at 8:33am

James Kerrigan2 said: "Gina Claire Mason was just at The Gershwin yesterday so does that mean she's the next Glinda?"

Tess Soltau was with her. Doesn't mean either of them are next. They saw their friends in the show. Why does everyone automatically think this when former cast members see the show? 

Hi, I'm Val. Formerly DefyGravity777(I believe)

Wicked132
#105Wicked Casting for 2018-2019
Posted: 11/19/18 at 8:41am

A few things...

While I have seen and met Jess/Amanda a few times now & while they're both very wonderful human beings who I adore... that's where the adoration stops. Amanda's comedic timing & humour is hit & miss and her singing is... well she can sing... but she can't sing Glinda. When they cast Jessica... I was unsurprised and happy for her, honestly... but a big part of it was her social media presence, that can't be denied. She has an incredible voice, but honestly... no feeling in it. Her Elphaba falls flat and frankly... I feel like I'm watching Jessica... not Elphaba. It doesn't feel like she's ever actually in the story. Let me re-iterate, I was at the 15th Anniversary and I honestly... I was bored? I feel like a harsh critic. But as someone who has seen many casts and never ever in the history of Wicked has felt BORED... You know something is wrong when you're wishing halfway through the show that Laurel Harris would take over (because I cannot speak high enough words about her Elphaba) I don't like being so negative. I WANTED to them.. I really did! But I just don't. Actually, I found the characters I liked most were Kevin as The Wizard & Ryan as Fiyero (I found his Fiyero to be well sung and acted... very genuine). KRC is a believable enough replacement and her take on Glinda is so different from many I've seen! But I agree... time for a clean slate (PS: They'd be fools not to cast the double name witches (MK & GC) together in the next few years) (PPS: The tour cast IS better right now and that's an issue)

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#106Wicked Casting for 2018-2019
Posted: 11/19/18 at 8:53am

Wicked132 said: "(PPS: The tour cast IS better right now and that's an issue)"

How is that an "issue"? Do the people in North America who get the tour of Wicked deserve less? Like, what?

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone

Wicked132
#107Wicked Casting for 2018-2019
Posted: 11/19/18 at 9:16am

fashionguru_23 said: "Wicked132 said: "(PPS: The tour cast IS better right now and that's an issue)"

How is that an "issue"? Do the people in North America who get the tour of Wicked deserve less? Like, what?

"

Oh no! Of course not! But the standard for the broadway cast needs to be high, simply because that is where shows originate and where most people from AROUND THE WORLD (not JUST North America) go to see a musical. I hardly think the locals of the world are going to Michigan just to see Wicked. Broadway is for the world... NA Tours are for the Americans (and you're damn lucky you have them))  Of course the standard of the tour cast should be fantastic, but the Broadway cast has expectations to be better than fantastic and right now they're barely passable.

Updated On: 11/19/18 at 09:16 AM

CedricOates
#108Wicked Casting for 2018-2019
Posted: 11/19/18 at 10:03am

I think what might happen is, with Amanda supposedly leaving in December, they would cast Katie to fill out the rest of Jessica’s contract. Then bring in Ginna and Mary to go together. It’s what would make sense to me so they have two new witches coming in at the same time.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#109Wicked Casting for 2018-2019
Posted: 11/19/18 at 11:20am

And its official! Katie is the next Glinda starting on December 11th!

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement
Updated On: 11/19/18 at 11:20 AM

Itonlytakesajourney Profile Photo
Itonlytakesajourney
#110Wicked Casting for 2018-2019
Posted: 11/19/18 at 11:40am

Per Katie’s Instagram post, she’s only Glinda until April. If Katie and Jessica are finishing their contracts together, Jessica would be short of a one year contract since she started in July. Since Ryan and now Katie are both leaving in April, it isn’t far-fetched to think Jessica might leave with them so a new pair of witches can start together.

anislander
#111Wicked Casting for 2018-2019
Posted: 11/19/18 at 12:10pm

Itonlytakesajourney said: "Per Katie’s Instagram post, she’s only Glinda until April. If Katie and Jessica are finishing their contracts together, Jessica would be short of a one year contract since she started in July. Since Ryan and now Katie are both leaving in April, it isn’t far-fetched to think Jessica might leave with them so a new pair of witches can start together. "

I’m very certain it will be Ginna Claire and Mary Kate. 

mailhandler777
#112Wicked Casting for 2018-2019
Posted: 11/19/18 at 12:53pm

CedricOates said: "I think what might happen is, with Amanda supposedly leaving in December, they would cast Katie to fill out the rest of Jessica’s contract. Then bring in Ginna and Mary to go together. It’s what would make sense to me so they have two new witches coming in at the same time. "

It's Ginna Claire and Mary Kate. There's a reason why they are called the double named witches. 

Hi, I'm Val. Formerly DefyGravity777(I believe)
Updated On: 11/19/18 at 12:53 PM

kelsey1389 Profile Photo
kelsey1389
#113Wicked Casting for 2018-2019
Posted: 11/19/18 at 4:46pm

I've heard from several people that the double name witches are coming in after Jess/KRC. Which I am thrilled about- didn't see them on tour but have heard nothing but good things, and I think considering the lack of chemistry between Vosk and Cooper it would be a nice change of pace. The only thing I'd be sad about is that it means that MK Morrissey can't be in the live version of Hair ( which, with how that will probably turn out, is maybe for the best, lol)

James Kerrigan2
#114Wicked Casting for 2018-2019
Posted: 11/25/18 at 10:28am

Does anybody know when Katie Rose Clarke is starting rehearsal? Did she meet Jessica Vosk yet? I AM SO EXCITED FOR THIS.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#115Wicked Casting for 2018-2019
Posted: 11/25/18 at 10:46am

Kara Lindsay is apparently injured and may be out for a while if anyone is planning on seeing the tour specifically to see Kara.

James Kerrigan2
#116Wicked Casting for 2018-2019
Posted: 11/25/18 at 11:34am

CATSNYrevival said: "Kara Lindsay is apparently injured and may be out for a while if anyone is planning on seeing the tour specifically to see Kara."

Oh No! That's terrible I hope she's ok. shes one of my favorite Glinda's

Videos