pixeltracker

Actors that write back to your letters- Page 5

Actors that write back to your letters

lostwallflower Profile Photo
lostwallflower
#100re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re:
Posted: 3/21/04 at 1:22pm

I wrote an email to Andrew Lippa and got a really sweet one back.

"I'm a cuber, I'm a cuber, I'm a cuber, I'm a cuber, I'm a cuber, I'm a cuber. Please don't take me to the pickle farm."- Brak

JoizeyActor Profile Photo
JoizeyActor
#101re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re:
Posted: 4/23/04 at 3:59pm

Hooray, I got a nice card from Kerry Butler yesterday in the mail, and I got an e-mail today from her as well. This made my year.

Broadway724 Profile Photo
Broadway724
#102re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re:
Posted: 4/23/04 at 4:30pm

I have written to a lot of people
These are the ones that DID NOT write back

Tyler Maynard (Mamma Mia!)
Ryan Michael Shaw (Mamma Mia!)
John Hill (Bare!/Hairspray)
Adam Fleming (Bare!/Hairspray)
David Burtka (Gypsy)
Stephen Oremus (Wicked/Ave Q)
Jeremy Kushnier (Rent)
Matt Caplan (Rent)
Todd Michel Smith (Hairspray)
Norbert Leo Butz (Wicked)
Michael Cavanaugh (Movin Out)
Michael Berresse (Chicago/Kiss Me Kate)

To be fair, I will update this if any of them come in. Updated On: 4/23/04 at 04:30 PM

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#103re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re:
Posted: 4/23/04 at 4:45pm

Did you remember to include your return address?

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher

#104re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re:
Posted: 4/23/04 at 4:55pm

Boy does this age me! After seeing Gypsy 7 times I wrote a letter to Ethel Merman. She sent a very nice note on pink stationery (wish I still had it!) inviting me back stage at intermission. All I remember is a very large bar and cast swarming in and out of her dressing room. She was very charming and very short.

ShbrtAlley44 Profile Photo
ShbrtAlley44
#105re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re:
Posted: 4/23/04 at 8:18pm

I wrote to Idina asking some questions recently and she replied ON my letter, which was a little strange but understandable, since she is very busy.

Ruffian
wildparty20 Profile Photo
wildparty20
#107e: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re:
Posted: 4/23/04 at 8:24pm

I wrote to Michael John LaChiusa (I know, composer) to tell him how much I enjoyed The Wild Party, and he was nice enough to even send me a signed copy of the vocal selections! I was very suprised and thanked him very much. Makes me like his music even more!

From the evil she done Lord Set her free, Set her free, Set me free Don't let my sorrow Make evil of me

Ruffian
#108re: e: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re:
Posted: 4/23/04 at 8:29pm

WildParty...also a GREAT theater story

I love it when the performers are nice

StraightToHeaven
#109re: re: e: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re:
Posted: 4/23/04 at 8:49pm

-Just yesterday I got a sighned headshot from Kerry Butler.
-I have written emails to couple Rent castmembers who display their email on their website and I have gotten nice replies.
-For my birthday my friend, emailed Daphne Rubin Vega and asked her to send me a sighned headshot and in practically no time Daphne sent one for me and another for her, too.
-As of now I'm waiting for a reply from Michelle Federer

Updated On: 4/23/04 at 08:49 PM

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#110re: re: re: e: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re:
Posted: 4/23/04 at 9:00pm

As a habit, I do not write letters. I sent one to Patti Lupone & she answered. I just sent one to Hugh Jackman asking if my wife & I & 3 out of town guests could come backstage when we attend a performance over labor day weekend. Will advise if he answers

Poster Emeritus
Updated On: 4/23/04 at 09:00 PM

Mattio98
#111re: re: re: re: e: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re:
Posted: 4/23/04 at 10:50pm

I wrote to Chita Rivera and she replied with a very sweet note.

EponineThenardier Profile Photo
EponineThenardier
#112re: re: re: re: re: e: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re:
Posted: 4/24/04 at 11:33am

I'll have to try Michelle Ferdner. What size self addressed envelope do you send if you want a head shot or picture?

Has anyone tried Lea Salonga, or have her address?

#113re: re: re: re: re: re: e: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re:
Posted: 4/24/04 at 11:57am

Sondheim & Hal Prince very nice letters.

WhatDoINeedWithLove?
#114re: re: re: re: re: re: re: e: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re:
Posted: 4/24/04 at 5:33pm

Update: Since my last post:

Norbert Leo Butz--5x7 signed picture
John Dossett--Signed headshot Updated On: 4/24/04 at 05:33 PM

Elphie Profile Photo
Elphie
#115re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: e: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re:
Posted: 4/24/04 at 5:37pm

Kerry Butler- Email!

"They hear drums. We hear music."

Broadway724
#116re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: e: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re:
Posted: 4/26/04 at 5:31pm

My favorite response was from Maureen Moore....a head shot, signed and a long letter, hand written, on special paper. I liked her letter a lot because she wanted to know about me as much as I did her.

jezzebelle
#117re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: e: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re:
Posted: 4/26/04 at 7:04pm

I've only ever written to people in Hairspray thus far.

Harvey- a postcard of a pic of him in his Edna undergarmets with a personalized note.

Jenn Gambatese- a thank card with a sweet note.

Tracy Jai Edwards- A VERY, very sweet letter.

Matt Morrison- e-mail. :)

I just sent a card to Michelle Federer, so we'll see.

-Jess

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#118re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: e: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re:
Posted: 4/26/04 at 7:25pm

Does anyone realize how expensive stamps are these days? Jeez.

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher

Broadway724
#119re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: e: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re:
Posted: 4/26/04 at 7:28pm

thats why, to be kind to the perfomers, u should enclose a SASE.

newyorkuniq Profile Photo
newyorkuniq
#120re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: e: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re:
Posted: 4/26/04 at 7:47pm

I think that if you are a huge fan of someones you should write them a letter rather than stage door stalking. Chances are they will read it, and it is a much larger compliment than having a playbill shoved in there face.

Hank
#121re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: e: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re:
Posted: 4/26/04 at 8:08pm

I'm a "huge fan" of Thoroughly Modern Millie, but I just don't write fan letters. Anyway, I never did this before, but I just had to meet Sutton and the rest of the Millie cast. I met most of them at various fund raisers for BCEQA and stuff, but to meet Sutton and Gavin Creel, I just waited at the stage door, and they were both as friendly as can be. Got my picture taken with them both (looking at them right now) and it was very well worth it.

jezzebelle
#122re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: e: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re:
Posted: 4/26/04 at 8:14pm

I think of you're a fan of someone, it's perfectly OK to wait at the stage door and have a playbill signed or just to speak to the person, as long as it's done in a respectful and subdued manner. Alot of actors enjoy getting feedback on the show they just performed and don't mind signing playbills.

-Jess

Chrysanthemum62001
#123re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: e: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re:
Posted: 4/27/04 at 3:08pm

I honestly don't think it's rude to wait at the stage door for pictures and autographs. Maybe I'm just going to far with this, but I dream about a day when I can come out of a stage door and see people waiting like I have with baited breath for me. I see it as an honor. And I'm sure it gets old after a while, but without an audience, there couldn't be theatre. So it kind of goes with the territory. Get used to it. I can also understand people being busy, having plans, or just being exhausted or just plainly having a bad day. Where humans, we all get testy!

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

rlbgbc Profile Photo
rlbgbc
#124re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: e: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re:
Posted: 4/27/04 at 3:24pm

Years ago...MANY years ago...I got a response from Mary Martin.

Videos