pixeltracker

Scariest Moment in a Musical- Page 5

Scariest Moment in a Musical

DefyingPopular
#100re: Scariest Moment in a Musical
Posted: 12/16/05 at 4:01pm

I have to say, the big bobblehead type wiz o mania things in Wicked are quite weird.
When i was little and saw Les Mis, i was petrified of the gun shots also, as someone mentioned earlier.

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#101re: Scariest Moment in a Musical
Posted: 12/16/05 at 5:27pm

Not a musical, but drama.

THE PILLOWMAN.

The first scene in the top stage with the drilling made me cry. I'm a real horror movie guy, but I couldn't take it. I LOST it. Ask C is for company, he found it amusing.

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

WickedOne2 Profile Photo
WickedOne2
#102re: Scariest Moment in a Musical
Posted: 12/16/05 at 5:43pm

The Pillowman did scare me ... back to the topic:

Phantom -- when the chandelier drops
Blood Brothers -- gunshots at the end (for risk of spoiling it I won't say more)
Cabaret -- the ending

"I wish the stage were as narrow as the wire of a tightrope dancer, so that no incompetent would dare step upon it." Goethe

rflpfl2
#103re: Scariest Moment in a Musical
Posted: 12/16/05 at 5:45pm

The Pillowman had by far some very scary moments- I actually heard people yelp at the performance when Katurian goes into his old room and his brother pops up after he thinks he's dead from under the matress- crazy disturbing.

BSoBW2
#104re: Scariest Moment in a Musical
Posted: 12/16/05 at 6:08pm

Yes, The Pillowman.

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#105re: Scariest Moment in a Musical
Posted: 12/16/05 at 6:31pm

DefyingPopular --- those big bobblehead type wiz o mania things in Wicked...

...are called Hammer-Heads. They ARE disturbing. They're in the original Baum book "The Wizard of Oz"... and they look just like that in the illustrations. Dorothy and her three friends fight them off on their way to see Glinda toward the end.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

DefyingPopular
#106re: Scariest Moment in a Musical
Posted: 12/16/05 at 6:37pm

Thanks for the name...
Sorta off topic, but Wicked related, and it's scary, did anyone ever see the laserdisc version of the 'Wizard Of Oz'? Where the Wicked Witch (elphaba i guess..) appears in the mirror when dorothy is standing in the bathroom? The witch and dorothy scream and then it fades to black? It sort of reminds me of the scene in which Elphaba comes out of the mirrored closet...
Anyways, that scene of the WoO scared me for life.

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#107re: Scariest Moment in a Musical
Posted: 12/17/05 at 4:15am

Parade- the lynching scene.

ruthiefan_felix Profile Photo
ruthiefan_felix
#108re: Scariest Moment in a Musical
Posted: 12/17/05 at 9:44am

For me... I've never seen a musical which actualy scares me... WiW is pretty funny... and for me Chitty is like a pantomime! But I have to say Woman In Black is the scariest thing I have ever seen in my life! I was sitting in the 3rd row in the middle of the stalls alone.... I was shaking SO badly at end of Act 2 that I could hardly stand up to applause! And the end of the curtain call when the face reappeared... that was bad too.... then i was waiting outside the stagedoor and (for those who've been) it's black and dark anbd windy ... it was scary....

All That Jazz Check out & support my drawings @ www.facebook.com/felixdrawings

IsolatingAge
#109re: Scariest Moment in a Musical
Posted: 12/18/05 at 12:17pm

I agree with the whistle in Sweeny Todd and the lynching in Parade
Also when Tony gets shot at the end of West Side Story.
That gets me everytime. I always think "Oh yay the lovers are reunited, maybe he won't get shot this time."
But he always does.

You must think I'm still sixteen. I dropped out of high school for a reason. And I don't care if you're pretty. I'm not admitting you are right. My soul is not a stage. I won't pretend I'm anything I'm not

Pgenre Profile Photo
Pgenre
#110re: Scariest Moment in a Musical
Posted: 12/18/05 at 12:41pm

Barbara Cook shrieking "Witch! Witch!" as her chair levitates ten feet into the air as a wall of fire erupts between her and Carrie. Carrie turns around to face the audience, revealing both hands aflame, then...
"I am not afraid of you at all,
I have nothing left to lose,
I have power I can use,
And nothing you can say or do,
Will ever stop me again..."
Carrie turns her back to the audience and vanishes into the darkness, a pin spotlight centers on Barbara Cook's horrified expression and she appears to be a floating head in the vast darkness as the fire wall slowly burns below her. The act ends in complete silence as the curtain slowly falls.

I saw it with my own eyes, apparently the chair effect did not work at the majority of performances on Broadway.

from CARRIE, of course.

A Good Nightmare Comes So Rarely,
P genre

#111re: Scariest Moment in a Musical
Posted: 12/18/05 at 2:30pm

The ending of Cabaret seems horrifying

Jekyll and Hyde- the transformation and Lucy's death

Wicked- the monkeys and the Wiz O Mania things. The screech of Madame Morrible's "WICKED WITCH"

Anne_here Profile Photo
Anne_here
#112re: Scariest Moment in a Musical
Posted: 12/18/05 at 3:18pm

The original Witchita production of JANE EYRE had one of the scariest, creepiest moments on stage I've ever seen.

BNN
#113re: Scariest Moment in a Musical
Posted: 12/18/05 at 5:20pm

I saw a high school production of Sweeney Todd at the ITC at Nebraska over the summer and the, as I like to call it, Oven Dance was horrifying. It was the first time I've heard an audience actually scream at something in a show. Yikes.

Tick Tock

TabooWickedFan Profile Photo
TabooWickedFan
#114re: Scariest Moment in a Musical
Posted: 12/18/05 at 5:25pm

yes the ending of Cabaret was entirely creepy, like the goosebump creepy. Ah i miss that show.

"But I relish every brillant inspired moment. This is who I'm determined to be- an actor/singer/dancer-no, I take that back, this is who I am. These people are my tribe, my destiny. I know it. -How I Paid for College; A story of sex, theft, friendship and musical theater.

HighlyUnrealistic Profile Photo
HighlyUnrealistic
#115re: Scariest Moment in a Musical
Posted: 12/18/05 at 5:35pm

I was really scared when the Beast was transformed in Beauty and the Beast. Granted...I was about 7 at the time. But still.

"You know who I think is sexy? Robbie Hart." "You think the 'Time to Make the Donuts' guy is sexy."

YouWantitWhen???? Profile Photo
YouWantitWhen????
#116re: Scariest Moment in a Musical
Posted: 12/18/05 at 7:40pm

I have got to agree with the ending of the Revival of Caberet.

Just made your mouth open up and gape.

Videos