pixeltracker

"Perfect for US": The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!- Page 57

"Perfect for US": The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!

scripps Profile Photo
scripps
#1400re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 10/14/09 at 2:22pm

I would of had the same reaction as Natalie in regards to Portland from all the summers I spent there as a kid.

Returned this summer for the first time in ten years and was pleasantly surprised by all the changes downtown. Loved exploring the Pearl District, LOVED being introduced to Peet's Coffee (Xiao's Blend tea is my new drug).

It's a really cool, alternative scene nowadays so the Portland reference is even more puzzling to me ...

legally_popular Profile Photo
legally_popular
#1401re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 10/14/09 at 3:24pm

Natalie tells Henry that Diana is staying with her grandparents during Light. Now, not that I would ever want to see a sequel...but can you imagine casting Betty Buckley as Diana's mother...who also was "high spirited"?

haha, interesting. I always wonder about that line now because in Dr. Madden's folder he has a lot of notes about Diana and in her background/history it says stuff about Diana's family. She had a brother who died and her mother committed suicide shortly after. It's interesting that her mother also faced the loss of a son. And Diana's father struggled with substance abuse. Now when Natalie says Diana is with her grandparents I always wonder if they mean Diana's father and stepmother, something along those lines. Of course the audience doesn't know that and it doesn't really matter, but ever since I read that it makes me think, haha.

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#1402re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 10/14/09 at 3:50pm

Does anyone know when they are opening another block of group tickets. They are only on sale now until Feb. 13 & I wanted to get some estimates for a school trip for April/May.

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#1403re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 10/14/09 at 4:08pm

I bet they'll wait as long as they can to see what ticket sales do during the coming months before they open up another block of tickets. Because it's very iffy whether or not the show will be around in April/May.

trombonist
#1404re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 10/14/09 at 4:56pm

"
I would of had the same reaction as Natalie in regards to Portland from all the summers I spent there as a kid.

Returned this summer for the first time in ten years and was pleasantly surprised by all the changes downtown. Loved exploring the Pearl District, LOVED being introduced to Peet's Coffee (Xiao's Blend tea is my new drug).

It's a really cool, alternative scene nowadays so the Portland reference is even more puzzling to me ..."

Well, the show was in development for about 10+ years, so it does actually make sense.

GatorNY Profile Photo
GatorNY
#1405re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 10/14/09 at 6:00pm

Legally-pop....how did you get to read Diana's file? That's so cool!
BTW- I love Louis Hobson's voice...His is my favorite on the cast recording.

"The price of love is loss, but still we pay; We love anyway."

WishingOnlyWounds2
#1406re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 10/14/09 at 9:42pm

I saw the show for the third time this past Sunday night, the performances were great, especially Jenn, she has improved so much! Although the sound... it sounded as if either the sound was out on one side of the theatre or a band member or two were missing... they really gotta fix that! Overall, the show is in great shape (minus the sound) and it was still like the cast was playing it for the first time. The stage door- I waited about 35 minutes (as I was about to miss my train) and everyone came out besides Alice, Aaron, and Jenn... Aaron I was pretty surprised by being I'm pretty sure that his brother was at the stage door.

2008: Feb. 18- Rent, Feb. 19- Curtains, April 18- Xanadu, April 22- Wicked, April 26- Legally Blonde, May 31- Wicked, June 13- The Little Mermaid, June 28- Wicked and Young Frankenstein, July 2- The Little Mermaid, July 6- A Chorus Line and Legally Blonde, August 16- Xanadu, September 13- Legally Blonde and 13, September 28- Xanadu and Spring Awakening, Oct. 12-GYPSY and [title of show], Oct. 19- Hairspray & Legally Blonde, Nov. 9- Wicked and 13, Dec. 14-13, Dec. 26- Billy Elliot, 2009: Jan 1- Shrek, Jan 2- 13 and Wicked, Jan 4- 13, Feb 17- In The Heights, Feb 19- Billy Elliot, Feb 22- Sweeney Todd (tour), March 28- Mary Poppins, April 4- Mamma Mia!, April 15- Jersey Boys (on tour), April 25- next to normal & 9 to 5 May 1- Billy Elliot, May 3- Spelling Bee (tour), May 8- Chicago, May 21- Wicked, June 6- Everyday Rapture, June 23- The Wiz, June 25- Hair July 15- Shrek, August 9- Wicked, September 7- Rock of Ages, October 11- Next To Normal, October 23- The Marvelous Wonderettes, November 7- Ragtime November 29- Dreamgirls, December 25- Billy Elliot, December 30- Finian's Rainbow, 2010: January 9- Bye Bye Birdie, January 16- Memphis February 17- The Phantom of The Opera, February 18- God of Carnage, March 7- Billy Elliot, March 31- American Idiot

mina3
#1407re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 10/14/09 at 10:58pm

Hey TheatreFan4 - I don't know exactly when tickets will open up for April/May, but I am pretty sure that the student group discount will remain the same as it is for November and Jan/Feb. I believe it's $41.50 per ticket for that discount, but don't quote me on that. You should probably contact the general manager's office if you're looking for more information.

GabeDiDanNatalie Profile Photo
GabeDiDanNatalie
#1408re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 10/14/09 at 11:55pm

Wishingonly-I saw it again on Sunday night! Great show-it was the 6th time I had seen it, and the first when everyone was in from the OBC!

Great to see Aaron again, I think his performance has improved since I saw him back in May. He and Alice really ruled for me--and she keeps getting better and better, although sometimes the anger she expresses seems to push it a bit. I feel like she is most effective in the quiet moments ("How Could I Ever Forget")...

Funny---there was a guy in front of me who DEFINITELY looked like he could be Aaron's brother!

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#1409re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 10/15/09 at 4:47am

Theater fan -- I'm waiting for group tix for the same time period. The open up group sales before individual sales (under most circumstances).

It's hard to predict when they might release the next block of tickets -- it's often now dependent on how the current block sells. I don't arrange these details as I have a travel/tour agent do all the details for me, but if I hear anything from her (she keeps me posted on all of our activity) I'll post.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

AVDPFan
#1410re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 10/17/09 at 11:33am

I'm going to see it tomorrow for the first time. I'll come back here and share my thoughts afterwards

FeelingElectric2 Profile Photo
FeelingElectric2
#1411re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 10/17/09 at 12:40pm

oops
Updated On: 10/17/09 at 12:40 PM

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#1412re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 10/17/09 at 4:57pm

Michael Berry will be on as Doctors Fine and Madden this evening.

angelxschunard Profile Photo
angelxschunard
#1413re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 10/20/09 at 2:29am

I was just listening to my cast album when I heard Alice sing something about the devil you know. Did anyone else's ears perk up at the Sideshow reference? I know it's a common phrase, but just like Stephanie's "no good deed goes unpunished" in 9 to 5, I had to laugh.

Into the Woods, Beauty and the Beast, RENT, Mamma Mia!, Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde, Evita (with Julia Murney), Hairspray (with Paul Vogt), Peter and the Starcatchers (with Christian Borle), Lion King, Altar Boyz, Legally Blonde (with Lauren Zackrin).

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#1414re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 10/20/09 at 3:11am

They cut that line early on in previews.

angelxschunard
#1415re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 10/20/09 at 4:02am

So why is it on my cast recording?

Edit: Yeah, I'm 1,000,000% positive that it's on the cast recording.

Maybe (Next to Normal)

DIANA
Maybe I've lost it at last
Maybe my last lucid moment has past
I'm dancing with death, I suppose.
But really, who knows?
Could be I'm crazy to go.
They say you should stay with the devil you know
But when life needs a change
And the one devil won't
You fight to the devil you don't

Copied Directly from This Website

Into the Woods, Beauty and the Beast, RENT, Mamma Mia!, Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde, Evita (with Julia Murney), Hairspray (with Paul Vogt), Peter and the Starcatchers (with Christian Borle), Lion King, Altar Boyz, Legally Blonde (with Lauren Zackrin).
Updated On: 10/20/09 at 04:02 AM

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#1416re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 10/20/09 at 5:00am

The cast recording was done before the show came to Broadway, which is why none of the Broadway changes are on the recording. Luckily not much was changed.

angelxschunard
#1417re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 10/20/09 at 5:18am

Obviously that's why none of the changes are on it.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#1418re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 10/20/09 at 6:43am

The line is on the cast recording, but is absolutely not in the show. As elphaba mentioned, the CD was made during the interim between Arena and Broadway. The CD also gets the math wrong on the timeline of the ages of the kids, another small problem that was fixed in NY.

mina3
#1419re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 10/20/09 at 11:17am

For those of you who were waiting for group tickets for April/May, I think you'll find that sales are now open through the end of June - or they certainly will be this week. The group discount prices will remain the same as they have been.

Lori2 Profile Photo
Lori2
#1420re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 10/20/09 at 12:03pm

Question, is N2N on the board for TKTS for Saturday evening shows, or no?

http://www.myspace.com/jrobertspencer
Can you keep the cup from tipping Can you keep the grip from slipping In despair, for just another day ~Next To Normal

mina3
#1421re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 10/20/09 at 12:24pm

Lori2 - Usually yes, but generally not at 50%. Most likely 40%, but 30% has also been done.

Lori2 Profile Photo
Lori2
#1422re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 10/20/09 at 12:36pm

mina3- Thanks a bunch :)

http://www.myspace.com/jrobertspencer
Can you keep the cup from tipping Can you keep the grip from slipping In despair, for just another day ~Next To Normal

AVDPFan
#1423re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 10/24/09 at 2:25pm

Wow This was really an unexpected love for me. Best show I've seen so far. Better than Wicked in some cases. This is one show I hope lasts a good long time.

#1424re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 10/24/09 at 2:39pm

Watch out Jen, Annaleigh Ashford is gonna replace you!

Videos