random star spotting

CenterStage3 Profile Photo
CenterStage3
#125re: random star spotting
Posted: 6/2/06 at 12:41am

At 7:15 this evening, as we were having pizza across from the Tarzan stage door, I spotted Jonathan Pryce walking from Dean and DeLuca's into the Dirty Rotten Scoundrels stage door.
Soon after that Tony Roberts walked past us.

"I cannot fiddle, but I can make a great state from a little city."

bschneid76 Profile Photo
bschneid76
#126re: random star spotting
Posted: 6/2/06 at 9:40am

I got to see Marsha Mason at the now gone JRs after the 2004 Tony Awards. I was so star struck.

I also saw Carolee Carmello after a Mamma Mia performance backstage.

And
John Tartaglia when my friend and I were chatting with the Doorman at the Golden Theatre.

All were wonderful!

"Love the Art in Yourself. Not Yourself in the Art." -- Stanislavski

Garland Grrrl Profile Photo
Garland Grrrl
#127re: random star spotting
Posted: 6/2/06 at 9:43am

swoozie kurtz eating at OUEST 5/30.

Mind is Mantra.

#128re: random star spotting
Posted: 6/2/06 at 10:14am

Judy Garland standing in the window at Sardi's with Liza Minnelli

Sitting across the aisle from Elizabeth Taylor and Audrey Hepburn the first time I saw A Chorus Line

Chatting with Liza Minnelli outside Carnegie Hall during an intermission of the Elaine Stritch Sail Away concert

Passing James Stewart walking down Broadway when he was in a revival of Harvey

Passing Kristin Chenoweth on 51st Street the afternoon before I saw her that night in the Candide concert. If only I had know how bad she was going to be that night ...... re: random star spotting

ashley0139
#129re: random star spotting
Posted: 6/2/06 at 12:31pm

I also did see Norbert and Michelle walking into the DRS stage door. About half an hour later, Michelle came out and started walking to Wicked (at least, I assume that's where it was... it was a Saturday afternoon and the Wicked matinee is an hour later than DRS's).

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

BroadwaynSeventh2 Profile Photo
BroadwaynSeventh2
#130re: random star spotting
Posted: 6/2/06 at 3:02pm

On Jan 8th My mom and I were haveing a fight about where we wanted to go next, so I was in a bad mood. We were walking to the subway and this girl runs into me and I start going off about people needing to watch where they were going. I look up and the girl was Shoshana Bean. Needless to say I felt really bad.

#131re: random star spotting
Posted: 6/3/06 at 6:08pm

2/19/06 I went to see The Woman In White for the last time on Broadway (Still miss it re: random star spotting ) We were all waiting for Maria Friedman to come out, when out walks John Tartaglia.
Die Young. Live Forever.

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#132re: random star spotting
Posted: 6/3/06 at 6:44pm

He was so nice that night. I was able to talk to him for a while about Q after that. He actually waited much longer for Michael and they hung around a bit.

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

OnMyWay Profile Photo
OnMyWay
#133re: random star spotting
Posted: 6/3/06 at 8:17pm

Just go to Angus. You will see 3 full casts on any given night.

"People that excel in the arts understand that the journey is the reward...the result an added bonus. Every day I act or train is a blessing and a dream come true. If Broadway beckons so be it. I have a personal definition of success that is unshakable by a possibly unobtainable goal." -HamletWasBipolar

#134re: random star spotting
Posted: 7/28/06 at 10:11pm

I live in LA.. so i see a lot of B C Dand even E celebrities.

Sorry to bump this thread up but may I ask who your B , c, d and E ones are ?? . . I have often wondered . As i live in England I have no idea just how famous someone is out there.

Now getting back on Topic , I'm not sure I walked passed Adam Garcia a few weeks back in Oxford street London. It was just before casting had been announced for wicked, which is now making me think it was him. I remember saying to my mate at the time , "that guy really looks Like Adam Garcia" She didn't have clue who I was talking about at first, until I said "Coyote", and she was like . . "Oh yeah he does doesn't he"! (*rolls eyes*) . I still have no idea if it was him or not ..

BroadwayBaby212
#135re: random star spotting
Posted: 7/31/06 at 11:47am

I saw Anthony Rapp when I was in NYC dropping my brother off at this meeting and I was walking up 11th avenue and I was like "OMG! That's Anthony Rapp!" He was talking to this guy in a parking garage, so I didn't want to go up to him, so I just kinda stood there to see if it really was him and then he went into the parking garage and I was like "Wow. I just saw Anthony Rapp". :o)
and I don't know if this counts or not but Dee Snyder (from twisted sister) is my neightbor, so i see him all the time.

WickedOne2 Profile Photo
WickedOne2
#136re: random star spotting
Posted: 7/31/06 at 11:58am

I live in Studio City, CA so I see so many celebrities. Here are a few recent ones:

Wilson Jermaine Heredia and Tracie Thomas at Adam Pascal's concert in Brentwood.
James Van Der Beek -- Mexicali restaurant in Studio City
Kirsten Dunst -- Pace restaurant on Laurel Canyon
Amanda Bynes and Melissa Joan Hart -- my Cardiobarre class

"I wish the stage were as narrow as the wire of a tightrope dancer, so that no incompetent would dare step upon it." Goethe

NathanLaneStalker
#137re: random star spotting
Posted: 7/31/06 at 12:12pm

Barett Foa at Spelling Bee a few weeks ago.

Rob Bartlett walking down 47th while The Odd Couple was still running.

"I'm tellin' you, the only times I really feel the presence of God are when I'm having sex and during a great Broadway musical." - Nathan Lane - Jeffrey

SpellRENT777
#138re: random star spotting
Posted: 7/31/06 at 1:33pm

I almost forgot! On some random friday a few months ago, i was waiting for the results of the Wicked lottery when Norbert Leo Butz came running through the crowd, into the Gershwin, and then up the stairs to the right! Obviously visiting Michelle before the show. He was also at her last show with his daughters.

broadwayjavajunkie
#139re: random star spotting
Posted: 7/31/06 at 1:40pm

My friend saw Johnny Depp in her hotel lobby and called me screaming.
I live vicariously through her, so it counts. Haha.

"Shut up! Are you a communist?"

DevDev
#140re: random star spotting
Posted: 7/31/06 at 1:47pm

My friend and I saw Sutton Foster in a mall around my area. I gasped and said, "That was Sutton Foster!" And then we just watched her walk in the other direction.

#141re: random star spotting
Posted: 8/3/06 at 8:35pm

haha these are great.

Wickedone2- I adore Melissa John Heart! She seems so nice. My friend knows someone who's Melissa's cousin I think. I went to her apartment once and there was a picture of her on her fridge with someone else. It was cool.

hmm I saw Allison Fischer down the shore on vaction 3 weeks ago. lol, it was so cool.

((check out the message boards!--> http://z13.invisionfree.com/Allison_Fischer/index.php?act=idx ))
I Want More!

Yankeefan007
#142re: random star spotting
Posted: 8/3/06 at 8:47pm

Megan Hilty & Steve Kazee walking, hand-in-hand, up 45th street to get to Spamalot
Jenn Gambatese & her agent dining at the sushi place across from the Al Hirshfeld Theatre
Dominic Cooper & James Corden eating at the same place
Michael Cerveris walking his dog by the Milford Plaza
John Arbo walking into the alley-way behind the Milford
Sutton Foster walking through Shubert Alley on her way to Drowsy
Sutton also walking down 44th Street by the St. James Theatre
Tina Maddigan wrestling with the Hirshfeld doorman
John Lloyd Young on 52nd Street, walking to Jersey Boys
David Garrison & the Wicked conductor walking to work
Christopher Hanke in the audience of Rent
Victor Garber and Craig Bierko in the audience of Caine mutiny
Jeff Marx standing outside the Golden Theatre eating a tuna sandwich

Not Broadway Related:
Tim Robbins at JFK Airport
Kevin Smith at LaGuardia Airport (on my flight home from Vancouver, I believe).

BroadwayChica Profile Photo
BroadwayChica
#143re: random star spotting
Posted: 8/3/06 at 8:52pm

Yankeefan007, I love you for including John Arbo in a star spotting thread.

Gotta love Arbs!

mijofly19
#144re: random star spotting
Posted: 8/3/06 at 8:56pm

Rick Lyon walking to Avenue Q.
Sutton Foster, Edward Hibbert, & Bob Martin walking to Drowsy.

This was about a month ago, all within 2 or 3 minutes.

neddyfrank2
#145re: random star spotting
Posted: 8/3/06 at 8:59pm

Teri Hatcher- 3 boxes down at The Sound of Music playing at the Hollywood Bowl

bendrumin
#146re: random star spotting
Posted: 8/3/06 at 9:46pm

Adam pascal eating and cheesecake factory, and i know these are not broadway persay, but that night while working i saw vin deasle and david spade.

JamesMacon Profile Photo
JamesMacon
#148re: random star spotting
Posted: 8/3/06 at 10:34pm

Rob Sapp crossing maybe 52nd or 53rd street.

renthead333 Profile Photo
renthead333
#149re: random star spotting
Posted: 8/4/06 at 2:01am

i love knowing what shows stars see...

cate_w
#150re: random star spotting
Posted: 8/4/06 at 8:27am

Last Wednesday, I saw Tina Maddigan outside the Marquis Theater around the Drowsy Chaperone lottery time. I then saw her after the show, standing outside waiting for friends and then at the stage door. Donna Murphy was also there and went backstage through the stage door.

Videos