pixeltracker

Company Commentary Thread- Page 6

Company Commentary Thread

harris007 Profile Photo
harris007
#125re: Company Commentary Thread
Posted: 2/20/08 at 10:35pm

in orlando,as well arrrrgh

Attend the tale of Bovine Boy His party threads we all enjoy But does he have Mad Cow Disease? He doesn't eat beef - but cows skating? - oh please!!! With cocoa!?! And lemonade!?! The heifer-mad poster of Broadway (World)

spidey_882 Profile Photo
spidey_882
#126re: Company Commentary Thread
Posted: 2/20/08 at 10:36pm

No censoring of April's speech.

Now, mother always said that whenever you hear a strange, frightening, and potentially life-threatening ghostly chant coming from the dark woods that there's one thing that you should do: Not wake the others and go investigate it alone...

snl89
#127re: Company Commentary Thread
Posted: 2/20/08 at 10:37pm

this is one of my favorite parts. The butterfly story and Bobbie's story thereafter. hehe

I don't need a life that's normal. That's way too far away. But something next to normal would be okay. Something next to normal is what I'd like to try. Close enough to normal to get by.

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#128re: Company Commentary Thread
Posted: 2/20/08 at 10:37pm

For the 1,004,567,006th time -- PBS did NOT film (nor edit or direct or produce) this COMPANY film. It was funded and filmed by private sources who took it upon themselves to preserve this production.

PBS does NOT film any of these Broadway shows -- private companies do all this. PBS only airs them as part of their Great Performances series.

SNLMedia Profile Photo
SNLMedia
#129re: Company Commentary Thread
Posted: 2/20/08 at 10:38pm

I'm envious of those of you who got to hear sh*thead!

"The world is a better place because of hairspray." - Michael Ball

Taryn Profile Photo
Taryn
#130re: Company Commentary Thread
Posted: 2/20/08 at 10:38pm

"SH*Thead" (is that what she says? I can't remember...) was bleeped where I'm at (Rochester).

MotorTink Profile Photo
MotorTink
#131re: Company Commentary Thread
Posted: 2/20/08 at 10:39pm

I don't think Em has ever wanted to be a Tuba (i think that is what it is, lol) so much in her life!! re: Company Commentary Thread

BroadwayBoobs: I'll give all of you who weren't there a hint of who took the pictures ...it rhymes with shameless

SOMMS: I knew it was Tink!

MrSweetNAwful Profile Photo
MrSweetNAwful
#132re: Company Commentary Thread
Posted: 2/20/08 at 10:40pm

I'm playing the cast recording, to lessen the crazy I'm having right now.

Christ this is taking for-****in-ever!

You're reminding me of people you hear at the movies asking questions every ten seconds, "Who is that? Why is that guy walking down the street? Who's that lady coming up to him? Uh-oh, why did that car go by? Why is it so dark in this theater?" - FindingNamo on strummergirl

"If artists were machines, then I'm just a different kind of machine...I'd probably be a toaster. Actually, I'd be a toaster oven because they're more versatile. And I like making grilled cheese" -Regina Spektor

"That's, like, twelve shows! ...Or seven." -Crazy SA Fangirl

"They say that just being relaxed is the most important thing [in acting]. I take that to another level, I think kinda like yawning and...like being partially asleep onstage is also good, but whatever." - Sherie Rene Scott

mauriposa
#133re: Company Commentary Thread

I wouldn't mind making out with Raul like that.

SNLMedia Profile Photo
SNLMedia
#134re: Company Commentary Thread

LOL Tink! The tuba stroking is so oddly erotic.

Clarinetbiter135 Profile Photo
Clarinetbiter135
#135re: Company Commentary Thread

wow.... that was a nice shot of tongue in mouth....

Plexsis
#136re: Company Commentary Thread

stupid bleeping!!!!

justabwaybaby Profile Photo
justabwaybaby
#137re: Company Commentary Thread

yeah, it's a tuba. re: Company Commentary Thread

Wow, people post really quickly... Updated On: 2/20/08 at 10:40 PM

MotorTink Profile Photo
MotorTink
#138re: Company Commentary Thread
Posted: 2/20/08 at 10:41pm

yeah they were going at it pretty good....

BroadwayBoobs: I'll give all of you who weren't there a hint of who took the pictures ...it rhymes with shameless

SOMMS: I knew it was Tink!

spidey_882 Profile Photo
spidey_882
#139re: Company Commentary Thread
Posted: 2/20/08 at 10:43pm

That was an awkward zoom...

Now, mother always said that whenever you hear a strange, frightening, and potentially life-threatening ghostly chant coming from the dark woods that there's one thing that you should do: Not wake the others and go investigate it alone...

SNLMedia Profile Photo
SNLMedia
#140re: Company Commentary Thread
Posted: 2/20/08 at 10:44pm

I agree spidey, it was very "soap opera cliffhanger zoom".

rose_pearl Profile Photo
rose_pearl
#141re: Company Commentary Thread
Posted: 2/20/08 at 10:44pm

OK it's back. I think I missed a lot.

~*Sara*~

Who would play you in the movie? "Taye Diggs." --Brian d'Arcy James

MrSweetNAwful
#142re: Company Commentary Thread
Posted: 2/20/08 at 10:45pm

Um, so it just came back. It cut back in...

On Barcelona...are ya friggin kiddin me!?

wtf PBS Orlando!?

So, what...am I really gonna miss the bulk majority of this show!?!?!?!?

You're reminding me of people you hear at the movies asking questions every ten seconds, "Who is that? Why is that guy walking down the street? Who's that lady coming up to him? Uh-oh, why did that car go by? Why is it so dark in this theater?" - FindingNamo on strummergirl

"If artists were machines, then I'm just a different kind of machine...I'd probably be a toaster. Actually, I'd be a toaster oven because they're more versatile. And I like making grilled cheese" -Regina Spektor

"They say that just being relaxed is the most important thing [in acting]. I take that to another level, I think kinda like yawning and...like being partially asleep onstage is also good, but whatever." - Sherie Rene Scott

misschung
#143re: Company Commentary Thread

lol, tink.

The morning star always gets wonderful bright the minute before it has to go --doesn't it?

#144re: Company Commentary Thread

So it's on again!

But I've missed too much so I'm going to DVR the late night show and watch it tomorrow. =[

misschung
#145re: Company Commentary Thread
Posted: 2/20/08 at 10:49pm

This is by far my favorite scene in the whole show.

The morning star always gets wonderful bright the minute before it has to go --doesn't it?

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#146re: Company Commentary Thread
Posted: 2/20/08 at 10:51pm

1. Well done, Lonny Price. Please direct all stage to screen tapings from now on. This is far superior to PIAZZA's taping. Who directed that?

2. Featured Actress Nominations should have gone to Elizabeth Stanley and Heather Laws. If there were room for one more, I would give it to Angel Desai. I *still* don't get where all the raving came from regarding Barbara Walsh's performance. She is completely in the dark compared to the three actresses I listed above. Rebecca Luker and Charlotte d'Amboise were only nominated because of who they are, not because of their performances, which is unfortunate.

3. I loved the cheers Heather Laws got from the audience after "Not Getting Married Today."

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)
Updated On: 2/20/08 at 10:51 PM

MrSweetNAwful
#147re: Company Commentary Thread
Posted: 2/20/08 at 10:52pm

Everyone in Orlando:

we didn't miss alot, they picked up the signal sent out to the people who started it at 9. we only would've missed twenty minutes, instead we're missing a whole hour. it's just ridiculous! how did this happen?

misschung
#148re: Company Commentary Thread

Barbara and Bruce were my favorite couple. I think both their performances were very subtle.

theaterkid1015 Profile Photo
theaterkid1015
#149re: Company Commentary Thread

Can I start a petition to the name of Joanne to Elaine? Not only was La Stritch's performance completely definitive, but I think that she IS the role. Barbara isn't necessarily imitating her, but the role is Elaine. It's kind of crazy.

Some people paint, some people sew, I meddle.

Videos