pixeltracker

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread- Page 63

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread

(Insert Clever Name) Profile Photo
(Insert Clever Name)
#1550Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/10/18 at 9:44am

bwayoutdoors said: "ebizzle said: "crispyscool said: "Any chance I can just see part 1 again for $40? Has there been any good releases for just one part?"

Yes, there is that option on Ticketmaster. I was able to see part 2 last night in row c of the dress circle for only $20 per part!
"

How does onefind these single affordable tickets? Maybe a silly question, but anytime I put in buy single performance on ticketmaster it shows nothing is available at all. Do you just continuously check that calendar for changes? And to find the cheaper tickets, do you have to constantly click in to multiple dates for a $20/40per part ticket to randomly become available? Is there an easier way to find these?
"

We obsess over the calendar and finding cheap tickets is like winning the lottery. No, there is not an easier way to find them, perhaps turn on email notifs for this board as quite a few kind people (CT2NYC) post cheap tickets for us to snatch up.

LxGstv
#1551Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/10/18 at 9:51am

CT2NYC said: "My thoughts on row K of the orchestra. Many people have called it the ideal row, because of the legroom. In my opinion, it's not. The problem is that there is no rake between rows J and K, so, even with the gap between them, the people in row J can block your view significantly if you're short. A friend was sitting in row K, and needed a seat cushion to see over the heads in row J. Fortunately, seat B 1 was empty for most of both parts, so she was able to move up for the final act."

After seeing the show I thought that row K would indeed be ideal... interesting. I got the impression that most of the rows aren’t raked in the theater? Which I find it a bit odd, with the amount of renovation they put into the theater, they would have done something to improve sight lines from most of the seats?

I was on row F and it was a great view, but during the first act of part 2 the people in front of me moved around and someone a bit taller was in front of me, it really did block a lot of my view... it didn’t take away any of the enjoyment of the show itself, but it’s a bit annoying... The woman next to me had a hard time seeing throughout the whole show.

Lauren2
#1552Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/10/18 at 10:03am

Hey guys! I am from out of town and am coming in from July 10-19th. I am a big potter fan and would love to see the show. Through a group I found someone that was willing to sell tickets in Orchestra Row X, Seat 31 for a day I can go. She wants me to give her 200 for both parts. Do you guys think that is a good deal or should I keep looking? For anyone that has sat in the back can you see everything and is it a good view? Is seat 31 to far over, is your view restricted? I would like tickets but don’t want to break my bank. Should I buy the tickets and also do Friday Forty? Would I know my seats or have better seats with the Friday Forty. Just not sure what to do and who to trust to get tickets and need some advice. Please help me out. 

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#1553Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/10/18 at 10:18am

LxGstv said: "CT2NYC said: "My thoughts on row K of the orchestra. Many people have called it the ideal row, because of the legroom. In my opinion, it's not. The problem is that there is no rake between rows J and K, so, even with the gap between them, the people in row J can block your view significantly if you're short. A friend was sitting in row K, and needed a seat cushion to see over the heads in row J. Fortunately, seat B 1 was empty for most of both parts, so she was able to move up for the final act."

After seeing the show I thoughtthat row K would indeed be ideal... interesting.I got the impression thatmost of the rows aren’t raked in the theater? Which I find it a bit odd, with the amount of renovation they put into the theater, they would have done something to improve sight lines from most of the seats?

I was on row F and it was a great view, but during the first act of part 2 the people in front of me moved around and someone a bit taller was in front of me, it really did block a lot of my view... it didn’t take away any of the enjoyment of the show itself, but it’s a bit annoying...The woman next to me had a hard time seeing throughout the whole show.
"

The rows from ZZ to S are tiered, then there's a less substantial rake from R to K, then there's no rake between K and J, and rows J to AA are raked. As far as sightlines in orchestra rows K - ZZ are concerned, row S appears to have the best view, with absolutely no concern about heads in the way. In the front orchestra, seats B 1 or B2 are ideal, because row A is indented, and there's no full seat directly in front of them. This is one of the main reasons why I loved the front row so much. Sure, I couldn't fully see a little action upstage, like McGonagall's fireplace, but not having to deal with shifting to see between heads was such a relief.

LxGstv
#1554Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/10/18 at 10:26am

Lauren2 said: "Hey guys! I am from out of town and am coming in from July 10-19th. I am a big potter fan and would love to see the show. Through a group I found someone that was willing to sell tickets in Orchestra Row X, Seat 31 for a day I can go. She wants me to give her 200 for both parts. Do you guys think that is a good deal or should I keep looking? For anyone that has sat in the back can you see everything and is it a good view? Is seat 31 to far over, is your view restricted? I would like tickets but don’t want to break my bank. Should I buy the tickets and also do Friday Forty? Would I know my seats or have better seats with the Friday Forty. Just not sure what to do and who to trust to get tickets and need some advice. Please help me out."

I think you can get a better seat closer to the time of your trip? It’s really hard to say... it comes down to how much time do you want to spend checking Ticketmaster looking for a better option?

I don’t know how to make links clickable, but if you go to aviewfrommyseat.com you’ll find views from row V and Z that should give you an idea of what to expect from row X.

If you are lucky to win the Friday Forty, you won’t know where the seats are until you pick the tickets... but from what people have posted they are excellent seats, sometimes in the front orchestra or row A of dress circle if I’m not mistaken.

Also, quick question to CT2NYC:

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

Do you get splashed with water if you are on the first row? I remember seeing a lot of water running down the stage!

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#1555Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/10/18 at 10:29am

Lauren2 said: "Hey guys! I am from out of town and am coming in from July 10-19th. I am a big potter fan and would love to see the show. Through a group I found someone that was willing to sell tickets in Orchestra Row X, Seat 31 for a day I can go. She wants me to give her 200 for both parts. Do you guys think that is a good deal or should I keep looking? For anyone that has sat in the back can you see everything and is it a good view? Is seat 31 to far over, is your view restricted? I would like tickets but don’t want to break my bank. Should I buy the tickets and also do Friday Forty? Would I know my seats or have better seats with the Friday Forty. Just not sure what to do and who to trust to get tickets and need some advice. Please help me out."

The far side seats in the rear orchestra have a basically unrestricted view, with the exception of the dress circle overhang, which I've heard is not a huge problem. I'm not sure about the face value of that seat, though. It might be $130 per part, or it could be $40. So, you're either getting a good deal, or a so-so one.

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#1556Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/10/18 at 10:32am

LxGstv said: "Lauren2 said: "Hey guys! I am from out of town and am coming in from July 10-19th. I am a big potter fan and would love to see the show. Through a group I found someone that was willing to sell tickets in Orchestra Row X, Seat 31 for a day I can go. She wants me to give her 200 for both parts. Do you guys think that is a good deal or should I keep looking? For anyone that has sat in the back can you see everything and is it a good view? Is seat 31 to far over, is your view restricted? I would like tickets but don’t want to break my bank. Should I buy the tickets and also do Friday Forty? Would I know my seats or have better seats with the Friday Forty. Just not sure what to do and who to trust to get tickets and need some advice. Please help me out."

I think you can get a better seat closer to the time of your trip? It’s really hard to say... it comes down to how much time do you want to spend checking Ticketmaster looking for a better option?

I don’t know how to make links clickable, but if you go to aviewfrommyseat.com you’ll find views from row V and Z that should give you an idea of what to expect from row X.

If you are lucky to win the Friday Forty, you won’t know where the seats are until you pick the tickets... but from what people have posted they are excellent seats, sometimes in the front orchestra or row A of dress circle if I’m not mistaken.

Also, quick question to CT2NYC:

Do you get splashed with water if you are on the first row? I remember seeing a lot of water running down the stage!

"

There's a gutter along the lip of the stage, so that wasn't an issue. The only part that caused a significant splash on my side was when Albus returns after Scorpius repairs the second task.

Updated On: 5/10/18 at 10:32 AM

(Insert Clever Name)
#1557Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/10/18 at 10:35am

Lauren2 said: "Hey guys! I am from out of town and am coming in from July 10-19th. I am a big potter fan and would love to see the show. Through a group I found someone that was willing to sell tickets in Orchestra Row X, Seat 31 for a day I can go. She wants me to give her 200 for both parts. Do you guys think that is a good deal or should I keep looking? For anyone that has sat in the back can you see everything and is it a good view? Is seat 31 to far over, is your view restricted? I would like tickets but don’t want to break my bank. Should I buy the tickets and also do Friday Forty? Would I know my seats or have better seats with the Friday Forty. Just not sure what to do and who to trust to get tickets and need some advice. Please help me out. "

Ask what face value is, if they won't tell you, chances are you are getting ripped off.

(Insert Clever Name)
#1558Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/10/18 at 10:38am

Also, to add, 200 is basically what you would pay if your tickets were valued at 80/part, and cheaper tickets should become available as showtime aproaches

Lauren2
#1559Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/10/18 at 11:01am

I did ask and she said 80 and she showed me her order page on ticket master. But I have been seeing people getting those tickets for 40-130 so I just don't know if its a good deal. And I know I could get better seats closer but I want to make sure that I go since I don't leave there and will only have one chance in NYC to go. And I have been checking Ticketmaster constantly, but first the dates I want to go never have affordable pricing and second I don't get emails about ticket releases. I just don't know what to do. Help!

LxGstv
#1560Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/10/18 at 11:07am

Lauren2 said: "I did ask and she said 80 and she showed me her order page on ticket master. But I have been seeing people getting those tickets for 40-130 so I just don't know if its a good deal. And I know I could get better seats closer but I want to make sure that I go since I don't leave there and will only have one chance in NYC to go. And I have been checking Ticketmaster constantly, but first the dates I want to go never have affordable pricing and second I don't get emails about ticket releases. I just don't know what to do. Help!"

Are you looking for one ticket or two? If you are looking for just one, chances are you’ll find them at a cheaper price closer to the actual dates. There is also stubhub, sometimes they are listed at outrageous prices, but sometimes you’ll find a really good seat for $130 for both parts.

Lauren2
#1561Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/10/18 at 11:19am

I am looking for one ticket. How big is the chance? Can you trust Stubhub? How good of a chance is there that you win Friday Forty? 

(Insert Clever Name)
#1562Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/10/18 at 11:21am

StubHub is the most trustworthy 2nd market site, and closer to the date, you may be able to find cheap tix.

LxGstv
#1563Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/10/18 at 11:32am

I think the Friday Forty is pretty hard to win... but you won’t win unless you enter... it’s a lottery, so you never know...

As for finding a cheaper ticket closer to the date, that’s probably your best option... if you can manage the stress of not having tickets secured until then! But when I saw it, I got $20 tickets the day of the show, 2 hours before curtain.

hermionejuliet Profile Photo
hermionejuliet
#1564Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/10/18 at 11:46am

I think the bigger question is - how much do you trust the person willing to sell you the ticket.

Stubhub has a special verification process for Cursed Child, I believe (chorus, correct me if I'm wrong).

A random person from a group could or could not be legit.

Accessibly priced tickets can be available but actually do take a lot of time and persistence to secure.

$200 for two Broadway show seats in the orchestra is a reasonable price. Perspective here- depending on the show it would be a deal for a SINGLE ticket.

If you have a limited schedule and you MUST see the show on your trip, you really should buy ahead because nothing is guaranteed. Your trip date is after the Tonys which COULD affect availability and pricing.

But at this point your biggest concern should be- how much do you trust the seller.

So, that was the Drowsy Chaperone. Oh, I love it so much. I know it's not a perfect show...but it does what a musical is supposed to do. It takes you to another world, and it gives you a little tune to carry with you in your head for when you're feeling blue. Ya know?

Fosse76
#1565Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/10/18 at 1:38pm

The reality is that unsold premium seats are always reduced to regular price whenever they don't get sold in advance. And this goes for every show. Presumably, the system is set up to automatically adjust certain locations at a certain time, eliminating pricing based on the current demand. This would explain why returned tickets that were originally sold as premium may be immediately reduced. I've bought tickets twice at the box office, and both times the box office attendant was surprised at the cheaper price for the tickets I bought. 

greenifyme2
#1566Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/10/18 at 2:39pm

I have a $40 orch seat in my cart for tomorrow/friday - PM to coordinate!!

Edit: Found a buyer, success!

Updated On: 5/10/18 at 02:39 PM

Chiasgirl
#1567Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/10/18 at 5:03pm

The pricing on this continues to hurt my brain.

All of these are offered for May 24th and 25th.  

Orch H 1-5 $249

Orch L 1-5 $199

Orch J 13-17 $299

Nycat63
#1568Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/10/18 at 5:51pm

For those like me coming from out of town, it looks like they are releasing a number of tickets even into June at mid-premium prices that used to be premium.  I am a few days from my return window closing, but just returned June 13 Row L 1 and 3 for H 6 and 8.  Didn't love giving up the aisle, but I saved $200 ($50 per part for two of us) and moved up a few rows, so that's still something.  I'll take it.  

Oddly, they've returned L 1 and 3 to the $299 category, but are selling Row H tickets for $249.

Updated On: 5/10/18 at 05:51 PM

CursedChildChels
#1569Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/10/18 at 6:16pm

I am new to the site and have 4 seats for May 16 double show and just found out that 2 people are not going to be able to come. I tried refunding online on Ticketmaster chat but was told that they couldn't since it's within 2 weeks of the show. Has anyone had luck calling Ticketmaster and speaking to a manager? The tickets are Orch row V and I paid $350 for each including TM fees. I bought them with the lottery code thing when the initial tickets were released. I know they changed the refund rules sometime along the way, anyone had luck using that to their advantage to get a refund?

Thanks.

HeatherAV
#1570Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/10/18 at 6:17pm

Chiasgirl said: "The pricing on this continues to hurt my brain.

Orch H 1-5 $249

Orch L 1-5 $199

Orch J 13-17 $299

"

YES! This is maddening!  

As an FYI for people thinking of buying and returning tickets... I purchased 6 tickets through the original release and subsequently returned them.  I tried to buy 6 new tickets today and the website told me I had reached the ticket limit for this event.  I called TM and spoke with two different "managers" who both said there is a 6-ticket limit per household, and a household is defined as sharing any ONE of the following: ticketmaster account email address OR billing address OR credit card number.  Sure enough, when I tried logging into my husband's TM account and using a different credit card, it still said I reached my ticket limit and it wouldn't process the order.  (The credit card had the same billing address as the credit card I used when I bought my initial 6 tickets - which I later returned - months ago.)  I know some people have had no problem buying more than 6 tickets, but I wanted to share my experience that TM wouldn't allow it.  It seems my account (or my IP address???) has been flagged somehow.

Nycat63
#1571Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/10/18 at 6:27pm

HeatherAV said: "Chiasgirl said: "The pricing on this continues to hurt my brain.

Orch H 1-5 $249

Orch L 1-5 $199

Orch J 13-17 $299

"

YES! This is maddening!

As an FYI for people thinking of buying and returning tickets... I purchased 6 tickets through the original release and subsequently returned them. I tried to buy 6 new tickets today and the website told me I had reached the ticket limit for this event.I called TM and spoke with two different "managers" who both said there is a 6-ticket limit per household, and a household is defined as sharing any ONE of the following: ticketmaster account email address OR billing addressOR credit card number. Sure enough, when I tried logging into my husband's TM account and using a different credit card, it still said I reached my ticket limit and it wouldn't process the order. (The credit card had the same billing address as the credit card I used when I bought my initial 6 tickets - which I later returned - months ago.) I know some people have had no problem buying more than 6 tickets, but I wanted to share my experience that TM wouldn't allow it. It seems my account (or my IP address???) has been flagged somehow.
"

I wonder if there's some difference between buying and returning 2 at a time vs. 6 that got you flagged? (not that it should, just wondering).  I've bought well over 6 if you total them up, but always in pairs, and returned them as more/better/cheaper tickets were released - I've never kept more than 2 at a time, though.  I just did it again an hour ago with no problems.  Maybe the managers you are talking to are taking the 6 a bit too literally?  Have you tried Fan Support rather than the regular customer service line?  If they meant 6 ticket limit including any returned tickets, they should have clarified that at least in the fine print - returned tickets are cancelled and shouldn't be held against you. Given that you returned them, you clearly aren't a scalper or trying to make money off them.

I'd keep trying  Good luck - that stinks.

Lauren2
#1572Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/10/18 at 6:32pm

You are totally right and everything you said is totally true. I do trust them but I am scared to do it just because you never know. The person seems nice but I don't know. The person seems nice but I don't know how we would complete the trade and make sure we both get what we want. Plus the same person I talked to is also selling more tickets so I don't know if they are scamming people. I don't want to pay and not get the ticket. I could do that and just wait for prices lower but who knows. I keep checking Ticketmaster but the only seats I see are are premium and expensive. 

Lauren2
#1573Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/10/18 at 6:35pm

Is this only June or July too? I need cheap good seats!

Nycat63
#1574Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/10/18 at 6:58pm

Lauren2 said: "Is this only June or July too? I need cheap good seats!"

Are you referring to my post about mid-premiums being released for June?  If so, I don't know about July (my trip is in June) but I suspect they haven't lowered the premiums just yet.  Even in June, I'm not seeing many cheaper seats - but the seats i just purchased were "cheaper" than my $299 per part seats.  They were still $249 per part, so not cheap, but I saved $200 overall and even moved up a few rows. It's still $1000 for the two of us, but saving $200 is better than nothing!

I'm not seeing a lot of $80-165 per parts for June just yet, but i suspect that once I can no longer return my current seats, the orchestra seats will drop even further in price.  I'll bet you'll be ok waiting it out and checking regularly.

Videos