Britney on Broadway...

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#150re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 7:39pm

Well atleast she has more Broadway experience.

ShiningStar Profile Photo
ShiningStar
#151re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 7:40pm

hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!

Aigoo Profile Photo
Aigoo
#152re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 8:15pm

I don't think it'll be all that bad. The only problem is, I'll feel as if Broadway had sold out. The sacredness of theatre will be overrun by screaming little girls and stalkers and...

wait a second....

In all seriousness though, I'm very neutral on this topic. I thought that I'd just be horrified at this (and yes, I, too, thought it was one of those joke/hey-come-check-out-my-great-idea threads) but hey. If it works, it works. And we just deal with the fact that pop culture and Broadway have finally collided.

This is my signature.
Updated On: 11/18/05 at 08:15 PM

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#153re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 8:24pm

Seriously, this has trainwreck written all over it. The critics will eat her alive. I mean, are the producers REALLY that desperate? The Weisslers just wanted a name, ANY name, to sell tickets, so they scraped the bottom of the barrel and found her? How about improving your show so it doesn't need an international superstar name just to sell tickets?

WickedBoy, I'd hardly use the Mickey Mouse Club as an example of Britney's "shock the hell out of people" talent.

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#154re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 8:33pm

Revivals have been VERY hard to sell lately without a star.

The Weisslers have stated they would've never done this production with a star. And I can understand why.

orangeskittles
#155re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 8:39pm

But there's a difference between using a big name and selling-out like this. I mean, they're completely disregarding what the character is supposed to be just for the sake of having a name above the title. At this rate, they might as well cast Tom Cruise as Charity; at least he's the right age.

Aigoo Profile Photo
Aigoo
#156re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 8:41pm

You're flirting with a very thick line there, Skits.

This is my signature.

tagiunagi
#157re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 8:42pm

If I see Tom Cruise jump on someone's couch one more time, I'm gunna rip him a new one!!

Question: Will Esparza win for The Homecoming? BobbyBubby: I hope so. If only for the mental health of many people on this board.

orangeskittles
#158re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 8:50pm

Sorry, I just tried to think of who else was making the cover of all the tabloids and all I could come up with was him. That's what a "big name" means these days, right?

Updated On: 11/18/05 at 08:50 PM

jeremykushnier1fan Profile Photo
jeremykushnier1fan
#159re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 8:50pm

Broadway was all I had left...

Aigoo Profile Photo
Aigoo
#160re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 8:56pm

I suppose. But people joked around about Britney being on Broadway...And NOW look what's happened.

This is my signature.

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#161re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 8:58pm

And my generation used to joke about Brooke Shields on Broadway...

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

orangeskittles
#162re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 9:19pm

Aigoo, Tom Cruise equates stagework with a "ruined" career. There are so many naive young girls out there he can infect with his spawn for publicity before he has to worry about stooping to do Broadway.

still *knocks wood*

hannahshule Profile Photo
hannahshule
#163re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 9:54pm

I will shoot myself if Christina or Britney and her bitch Kevin go near Broadway. Live Theatre was once regarded as a high art form, you know, it required talent. Hell, they can't even act. You're forgetting that you can sing and dance like anything, but you have to be able to act. please nobody try to convince me that any of the above can act sing and dance (WELL!!).

~And let us try, before we die, to make some sense of life~

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#164re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 10:12pm

re: Britney on Broadway...

The one and only Charity.

Nobody they can EVER put in this role will even come close to that lovely woman!

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#165re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 10:15pm

re: Britney on Broadway...

Way sexier than Britney!

wickedfreak Profile Photo
wickedfreak
#166re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 11:58pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *take a breath* OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I would probobly go into deep depresion if Britney and Keven went on Broadway.

ex_soldier1911 Profile Photo
ex_soldier1911
#167re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/19/05 at 12:13am

Awsome, Britney is gona make a great bway performer. Does anybody have anymore details, I can't wait to see her first performance.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure. --Thomas Jefferson The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. --Thomas Jefferson

AnnaB Profile Photo
AnnaB
#168re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/19/05 at 12:14am

This quote was the first thing that came to mind:

"...Broadway is a very special place,
filled with very special people,
people who can sing and dance, often at the same time!
They are a different people, a multi-talented people,
a people...who need people...and who are, in many ways, the
luckiest people in...the world."

Sorry, but somehow I just don't think Britney fits that description... at all. Let alone that of Charity Hope Valentine. I shudder to picture it.

The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#169re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/19/05 at 12:14am

ljay--

When I was growing up in New York, I took voice lessons in Gwen Verdon's apartment building (not from her, but from one of her neighbors). So you know, that makes me really cool I guess. Thought I'd share that with you...

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#170re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/19/05 at 12:16am

That is pretty awesome, I must say.

Did her neighbor have nice things to say about her?

orangeskittles
#171re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/19/05 at 12:18am

wickedfreak, do you think you could get over yourself for 5 seconds and not distort the entire thread? You could always try expressing your displeasure using words instead of something stupid like this.

ex_soldier1911
#172re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/19/05 at 12:19am

AnnaB, do you really think Britney can't make it on bway, she has alot of fans and they can bring alot of money to the theatre world.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure. --Thomas Jefferson The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. --Thomas Jefferson

orangeskittles
#173re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/19/05 at 12:23am

Her fans won't bring money to the whole theater world, they'll buy tickets to Sweet Charity, see Britney, then go home. They'll just see it as another one of her concerts, and ignore the rest of the theater world, because they don't have BRITNEY!

ex_soldier1911
#174re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/19/05 at 12:24am

Maybe once they are exposed to bway they will start to like it. Eventually they will go to see even if Britany isn't there.

Videos