pixeltracker

Wicked OFFICIALLY coming to theaters - Page 8

Wicked OFFICIALLY coming to theaters

BJR Profile Photo
BJR
#175Wicked OFFICIALLY coming to theaters
Posted: 9/1/17 at 2:46pm

BrodyFosse123 said: "Liza Minnelli as Madame Morrible. Giving THE WIZARD OF OZ and WICKED it's full circle connection. Her singing voice is up to the role's requirement so it's not unrealistic for her."

I love this idea so much. It's one of those ideas you know will never happen, but wouldn't it be great if it did. (I doubt she's able to be insured and they'll probably want a bigger box office name.)

Fosse76
#177Wicked OFFICIALLY coming to theaters
Posted: 9/27/17 at 5:52pm

David10086 said: "This, Sunset Boulevard, Streisand's GYPSY - the stars associated with these projects aren't getting any younger. Let's hope the cameras start rolling on the ones which are indeed happening."

There are no "stars" associated with Wicked's film adaptation. The only known is Stephen Daldry as director and that the current release date (as stated in a March Variety article) is December 20, 2019 (obviously this can change).

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#178Wicked OFFICIALLY coming to theaters
Posted: 9/27/17 at 5:55pm

BC, am I missing something or was that article deleted? There’s nothing written down

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#179Wicked OFFICIALLY coming to theaters
Posted: 9/27/17 at 5:56pm

That’s also when the final Star Wars Film (of this trilogy) comes out. I’m guessing that release date will change.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#180Wicked OFFICIALLY coming to theaters
Posted: 9/27/17 at 5:59pm

There was definitely an article there! Looks like it got taken down. Strange. There wasn’t really anything major in it...

Visceral_Fella
#181Wicked OFFICIALLY coming to theaters
Posted: 9/27/17 at 6:24pm

That was fast.

Updated On: 9/27/17 at 06:24 PM

non-stop26 Profile Photo
non-stop26
#182Wicked OFFICIALLY coming to theaters
Posted: 9/27/17 at 7:10pm

What did it say?

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#183Wicked OFFICIALLY coming to theaters
Posted: 9/27/17 at 7:14pm

Wow. So fast it's not even in the google cache or archive.org.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#184Wicked OFFICIALLY coming to theaters
Posted: 9/27/17 at 10:06pm

The article pretty much stated an announcement Stephen Schwartz made at Comic Con last year that the film would include some new songs (at least one of them was previously cut from the show).

It also included this response from a recent interview BroadwayWorld did with him...

"There is a draft - a first draft of the screenplay - that Winnie Holzman, with a little input from me, has finished. Our director Stephen Daldry and our producer Marc Platt have it, and have responded favorably, and now we're going to find a time to get together and see what further work to do on it to try and get to the point where we have a shooting script. So, that's a long winded way of saying, you know, there is an ongoing process, but you know, but things are moving ahead."

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/BWW-Interview-Stephen-Schwartz-On-Bringing-PRINCE-OF-EGYPT-to-the-Stage-Working-With-His-Son-Scott-More-20170925

Call_me_jorge
#185Wicked OFFICIALLY coming to theaters
Posted: 12/31/17 at 3:09pm

2018 begins tomorrow and if they are still on schedule to release in Dec. of 2019 casting should come out sometime next year, right? I honestly can’t wait for this film.
I have so much hope Daldry will get this right.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#186Wicked OFFICIALLY coming to theaters
Posted: 12/31/17 at 4:26pm

I know, shouldn't filming has begun by now? The special effects will look rushed as heck if they're doing everything the last second

Bwayfan292 Profile Photo
Bwayfan292
#187Wicked OFFICIALLY coming to theaters
Posted: 12/31/17 at 4:30pm

I wouldnt be suprised if it will be pushed back a few more years, or worse case eventually shelved. But It probally wont

"Why was my post about my post being deleted, deleted, causing my account to be banned from posting" - The Lion Roars 2k18

Call_me_jorge
#188Wicked OFFICIALLY coming to theaters
Posted: 12/31/17 at 5:00pm

disneybroadwayfan22 said: "I know, shouldn't filming has begun by now? The special effects will look rushed as heck if they're doing everything the last second"

I feel like most films are filmed a year before being released. Since it has a Dec. 2019 release it will begin filming Dec. 2018.

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#189Wicked OFFICIALLY coming to theaters
Posted: 12/31/17 at 5:09pm

I’m guessing the release date will be pushed back or moved up because as of now, it’s coming out the same day as the next Star Wars film.

ggersten Profile Photo
ggersten
#190Wicked OFFICIALLY coming to theaters
Posted: 12/31/17 at 5:40pm

What are the odds of Ben Platt having a role?  

BwayLB
#191Wicked OFFICIALLY coming to theaters
Posted: 12/31/17 at 5:43pm

First of all I want it to be released in October as much as everyone wants to. Secondly if Ben Platt is in I want him to be Boq.

Call_me_jorge
#192Wicked OFFICIALLY coming to theaters
Posted: 12/31/17 at 5:44pm

ggersten said: "What are the odds of Ben Platt having a role?"

I’d love to see him as Boq, but who knows who Daldry has in mind. 

Dancingthrulife2 Profile Photo
Dancingthrulife2
#193Wicked OFFICIALLY coming to theaters
Posted: 12/31/17 at 5:48pm

Call_me_jorge said: "ggersten said: "What are the odds of Ben Platt having a role?"

I’d love to see him as Boq, but who knows who Daldry has in mind.
"

Daddy will have some say though.

BwayLB
#194Wicked OFFICIALLY coming to theaters
Posted: 12/31/17 at 6:08pm

My other casting ideas are Dove Cameron or Lily James as Glinda Anna Kendrick as Elphaba Zac Efron Jonathan Geoff Jeremy Jordan or Jordan Fisher as Fieryo and Meryl Streep Glenn Close or Bette Midler as Madame Morribile

antonijan Profile Photo
antonijan
#195Wicked OFFICIALLY coming to theaters
Posted: 12/31/17 at 9:27pm

Maybe Stephen Daldry will put Jamie Bell as Fiyero Wicked OFFICIALLY coming to theaters

Call_me_jorge
#196Wicked OFFICIALLY coming to theaters
Posted: 12/31/17 at 9:34pm

antonijan said: "Maybe Stephen Daldry will put Jamie Bell as Fiyero Wicked OFFICIALLY coming to theaters "

I was thinking about him, but can he sing?

Tom Holland wouldn’t be bad, he’s worked with Daldry through Billy Elliot and now has some name recognition from Spider-Man. 

If we continue the Daldry connections, I wouldn’t mind Julie Walters as Madame Morrible and Vanessa Kirby as Nessarose.

Updated On: 12/31/17 at 09:34 PM

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#197Wicked OFFICIALLY coming to theaters
Posted: 1/1/18 at 1:59am

Lady Gaga, Lady Gaga, Lady Gaga.

JennH
#198Wicked OFFICIALLY coming to theaters
Posted: 1/1/18 at 11:28am

"I wouldnt be suprised if it will be pushed back a few more years, or worse case eventually shelved. But It probally won't"

"I’m guessing the release date will be pushed back or moved up because as of now, it’s coming out the same day as the next Star Wars film."

I was wondering these myself recently. I'll take pushed back rather than moved up, This deserves all the cinematic just it can get. Somehow I didn't know about it being released the same day as the next SW, but yeah that could be interesting. I did always wonder why December was chosen, yes I know "holiday release" but October has always been THE month for this show. But I care less about the date the I do about how it's done. I'll repeat, get people who can actually do the two ladies, just PLEASE. 

briankershawjr
#199Wicked OFFICIALLY coming to theaters
Posted: 1/1/18 at 11:34am

Personally I think Universal won’t touch it since it’s it biggest movie that year. With Star Wars not doing so hot right now they won’t change anything
With announcements be patient ... the director said in 2016 he set aside 2018 for Wicked... I would say March with Summer taping time

Videos