Dollypop
#175Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 7/5/17 at 7:44am

It might just be a technical glitch

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

Dollypop
#176Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 7/5/17 at 10:07pm

What are the the best sites for DOLLY discounts? My pastor has asked me to arrange a parish trip for the Sept 6th matinee ( with Donna). Of course I'll try Group Sales but with our last outing we got a much better deal from TDF ( who was very kind and let us purchase much more than the usual 9 seits) I'm open to any suggestions.

Dollypop
#177Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 7/12/17 at 10:28pm

Listening to the '94 cast recording. Wishing I was seeing the show...again.

AllThatJazz2
#178Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 7/13/17 at 2:16pm

Has anyone sat on the far side of the mezzanine who can comment on the angle of the view/any obstructions? Trying to decide if I want to purchase seats that would be towards the end (think Row B, Mezz Right 22/24 or Left 19/21) or get seats that are more centered but further back in the Mezz (Row E, aisle seat either Right or Left). Which would be the better vantage point?

Flowerlovestage5 Profile Photo
Flowerlovestage5
#179Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 7/13/17 at 2:38pm

Yesterday, my second time, I sat Orchestra R23. Second to last seat on the side and my view was not even close partial, to say the least. I missed 5 seconds of dialogue. 

I made my way up to the mezz at intermission to reference the seats, should I go again. I walked down the side aisle and sat on the step at Row F. Personally, that is the highest I would go (if options permit). You shouldn't have a problem with the side seats in the mezz as the procenium is just adjacent to your view, as was in the Orch.

The first time I saw the show was from Mezz C2 &4. 

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#180Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 7/13/17 at 3:29pm

^Thanks. I'm seeing the show again next month, and I'm in row F of the mezzanine.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

AllThatJazz2
#181Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 7/13/17 at 4:29pm

Flowerlovestage5 said: "Yesterday, my second time, I sat Orchestra R23. Second to last seat on the side and my view was not even close partial, to say the least. I missed 5 seconds of dialogue. 

I made my way up to the mezz at intermission to reference the seats, should I go again. I walked down the side aisle and sat on the step at Row F. Personally, that is the highest I would go (if options permit). You shouldn't have a problem with the side seats in the mezz as the procenium is just adjacent to your view, as was in the Orch.

The first time I saw the show was from Mezz C2 &4. 

"

Good to know, thanks! Always hard to tell just how bad an angle will be. Feeling much more confident in those seats now. Honestly, I think I'll probably be happy regardless just to be in the room with that energy again...it was one of the most enthusiastic and enjoyable times I've had at the theater, both in cast and audience attitudes. Everyone just seemed to be having so much fun. 

Dollypop
#182Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 7/13/17 at 6:04pm

It makes me feel very happy to know so many others are paying return visits to HELLO, DOLLY!

madela2
#183Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 7/16/17 at 12:15pm

Anybody know what font they are using in the logo for this production of Dolly?

Flowerlovestage5 Profile Photo
Flowerlovestage5
#184Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 7/16/17 at 5:42pm

When do we speculate there will be an announcement made regarding a replacement? 

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#185Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 7/16/17 at 11:04pm

Bette Midler  Hello, Dolly!

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#186Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 7/16/17 at 11:23pm

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#187Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 7/16/17 at 11:26pm

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#188Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 7/22/17 at 1:35am

Inexplicably, there are quite a few regularly-priced tickets ($189-$229) available on Telecharge for every Bette performance through next Saturday 7/29 at 2:00 p.m. 

61years+
#189Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 7/22/17 at 11:01am

Think Bette will soon cancel matinees for the summer & the production already knows it

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#190Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 7/22/17 at 11:15am

61years+ said: "Think Bette will soon cancel matinees for the summer & the production already knows it

"

Not true at all.  

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#191Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 7/23/17 at 11:51am

CT2NYC said: "Inexplicably, there are quite a few regularly-priced tickets ($189-$229) available on Telecharge for every Bette performance through next Saturday 7/29 at 2:00 p.m. 

"

CT.. I had seen that.  I think they were released house seats.  At least that row J on the aisle are usually house seats. 

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#192Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 7/23/17 at 8:21pm

61years+ said: "Think Bette will soon cancel matinees for the summer & the production already knows it

"ha not happening for the summer...summer is almost over! Btw, what's the gist for that comment?

10086Sundays
#193Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 7/23/17 at 8:56pm

Robbie2 said: "61years+ said: "Think Bette will soon cancel matinees for the summer & the production already knows it

"ha not happening for the summer...summer is almost over! Btw, what's the gist for that comment?
"

TROLL

tr?l/

verb

gerund or present participle: trolling

1. 1

informal

make a deliberately offensive or provocative online post with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them.

"if people are obviously trolling then I'll delete your posts and do my best to ban you"

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#194Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 7/23/17 at 10:01pm

Dollypop
#195Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 7/25/17 at 10:01am

Does anyone know where the TDFseats are located in this theater? I'm thinking of taking some friends and one of them is infirm.

Updated On: 7/25/17 at 10:01 AM

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#196Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 7/28/17 at 11:07pm

Great visual of the Shubert 

Itonlytakesajourney Profile Photo
Itonlytakesajourney
#197Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 7/28/17 at 11:35pm

I know it just seems like I'm being paranoid at this point, but do left mezz seats offer a good view? I have second row left mezz seats on Tuesday, and I think they should have a great view for the cheap price. Has anyone sat there before?

EthelMae Profile Photo
EthelMae
#198Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 7/28/17 at 11:40pm

In answer to seating 2nd row left Mezz- you'll see fine. I have sat 3rd row right Mezz and it was great. Just beware of further back in the Mezz. The Balcony above slopes down and you wind up watching the show like a shoebox diarama. Not that you miss much, it's just a crummy view of the overall stage. Better to sit in the Balcony, I think-nothing over you.

Zamedy154
#199Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 8/5/17 at 11:28pm

Amazing show tonight. Five ensemble swings/understudies but everyone else was on. And again, everyone was on fire.

Bette was having a BALL. I sat next to a couple who had tickets for the Wednesday matinee when she called out at last minute. They were upset that day but certainly did not go home unhappy tonight. The gentlemen had seen the original with Channing and Bailey. This big broad masculine straight guy was totally soaking in the joy of this journey and said Bette is certainly not mailing anything in. Aside from her stamina and natural charm, I am most impressed by the depth she has brought to the scene preceding and the beginning of Parade. Entrance applause for Bette, David and Gavin. No applause during Dolly in overature. Applause for ensemble as they entered stage for Sunday Clothes. Biggest applause for title number, followed by Waiter's Gallop, Parade and Dearie.

My mom was with me. First Broadway show. Huge Bette fan. She was crying.. literally crying throughout. She said afterward "I can't believe how the tears just flowed from my eyes." Thank you, Bette. Thank you to everyone associated with this transcending production.

BTW.. During her bows, as Bette is coming around that final turn, she lifted her right leg with her back to the audience, then tried to jump over the far end of the opening. But she ALMOST lost her balance and Gavin came to her rescue. It was adorable!! Another audience member recorded it and texted it to me. PM me and I can try  sending it to you.

Also.. I've now seen the show three times and David has come out every time and signed for everyone. God bless that man.

Updated On: 8/6/17 at 11:28 PM

Videos