News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Into the Woods Official Movie Thread- Page 84

Into the Woods Official Movie Thread

Starship
#2075Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 10/5/13 at 2:00pm

I feel like I'm the only one who just doesn't have big issues with Streep playing the Witch. I'm not a huge fan of her, but until I actually see her performance, I don't see the reason for getting so upset. lol.

beautywickedlover
beautywickedlover
#2077Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 10/10/13 at 11:28am

Emily Bunt is back in Los Angeles right now. Pretty soon it will not be good to fly on an airline since she is pregnant. I assume she must have completed her scenes for the movie or she is just taking a break and they are doing the scenes without the Baker's Wife.

Exclusive: See Emily Blunt's Growing Baby Bump!

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#2078Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 10/10/13 at 12:59pm

I would highly doubt she finished everything already. That's a large and major role. But who knows?

Wildcard
#2079Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 10/10/13 at 3:21pm

It would look odd when the plot is about the Baker's wife trying to bear a child when she looks like she is already pregnant. Even with costume tricks, she'll still look pregnant like Madonna did in Evita. I wonder if they can/will do any CGI work to hide that.

nasty_khakis
#2080Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 10/10/13 at 3:43pm

I passed Billy Magnusen on the street in New York on Tuesday afternoon. I wonder if he's done as well or if they're on break.

beautywickedlover
#2081Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 10/10/13 at 4:21pm

If Magnusen is in NYC, it is likely they are all on break

bobs3
#2082Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 10/10/13 at 5:17pm

They are probably shooting Johnny Depp's scenes this week and the actors not involved in the scenes with the Wolf have been given the week off.

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#2083Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 10/10/13 at 5:50pm

I'll bet the schedule was arranged to shoot many of Emily's scenes first, so she doesn't "grow" on screen when she's not supposed to be pregnant. But I don't think anybody is worried too much, since her costumes aren't exactly form-fitting. They just need to make sure the character doesn't look pregnant until she's supposed to.

But Streep also has another film lined up right after this one, so they probably will shoot her scenes first (and the ones together with Blunt) early on.

Just a guess, but there are definitely a lot of schedules to work around here. That's what happens when you hire a bunch of really busy actors!

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

beautywickedlover
#2084Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 10/10/13 at 5:59pm

Sources are saying that Meryl's scenes in 'The Giver' will be filmed in the U.K. where this film is shooting rather than South Africa, where 'The Giver' will do most of its shooting.

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#2085Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 10/12/13 at 2:09pm

Little Red Riding Hood's woods ... love it!

E.Davis Profile Photo
E.Davis
#2086Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 10/12/13 at 4:56pm

Besty, don't you just love that we do the contributing editors job for them by posting all these updates. ;P

"I think lying to children is really important, it sets them off on the right track" -Sherie Rene Scott-

beautywickedlover
#2087Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 10/14/13 at 7:23pm

Blunt is back in London right now to resume filming. She should probably be done before the month is over since she her child in a few months.

Emily Blunt Is All Smiles as She Lands in London

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#2088Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 10/14/13 at 7:30pm

I still have to say, if I were an expectant mother who was an actress ... I can't think of a better film I would want to be working on.

This is the role of a lifetime for Emily Blunt, without question.

I hope she lives up to it. I have no reason to believe she won't.

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#2089Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 10/23/13 at 7:07pm

Looks like the Baker's shop is exploding, or on fire. (My guess.) And I see a walled garden next door.

"Then bang! Crash! The lightning flashed! And, well that's another story, never mind ..."

Into the Woods Movie Cast

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#2090Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 10/26/13 at 4:00pm

Several "Into the Woods" movie cast members (and other cool celebrities) join Paul McCartney in his new music video!

Check out Johnny Depp, Meryl Streep, Chris Pine, James Corden, and Tracey Ullmann in the video.

Paul McCartney - Queenie Eye

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#2091Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 10/26/13 at 4:06pm

Thanks for posting, Best12Bars! That was awesome! lol.

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#2092Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 11/5/13 at 7:06am

Kind of interesting to see this surface. It's Mackenzie Mauzy's video audition for Cosette in the film version of Les Miz.

She's a bit too overwrought and her singing is a little shrieky at times (due to her being overwrought), but I can tell she has a terrific, legit soprano voice, and I can also see how that "overwrought" feeling could work very well for Rapunzel, locked in her tower.

I think she could have done well as Cosette, too, if they had worked with her to tone down the frenetic mood. She photographs so well and her voice is much stronger than Amanda Seyfried's.

I also wonder if she was up for Cinderella in Into the Woods. I could see her playing that part.

But she's not anywhere near as big of a film name as either Seyfried or Anna Kendrick, so there you have it. At least she's getting a bit of a break now as Rapunzel.

I also realize Rapunzel's singing in the movie consists of five repeated notes. And that's it, At least I have confidence she'll sound good singing them. And I look forward to her dramatic scenes with Meryl Streep.

Mackenzie Mauzy's audition for Cosette

Updated On: 11/5/13 at 07:06 AM

N2N Nate. Profile Photo
N2N Nate.
#2093Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 11/5/13 at 7:13am

Why wasn't she cast in the Les Mis film? She is much better than Seyfried. Anyway, she is alright I guess. It doesn't sound like soprano is her forte.

So Lauren Bacall me, anything goes! *wink*

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#2094Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 11/5/13 at 7:33am

Wow, SO MUCH BETTER. And yet, they casted a big name actress over her

artscallion Profile Photo
artscallion
#2095Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 11/5/13 at 7:43am

casted is not a word. Should be, "they cast a big name actress..." Sorry, pet peeve of mine. Carry on.

Art has a double face, of expression and illusion.

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#2096Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 11/5/13 at 7:50am

Yeah, I get that confused :/ And np :)

groucho797 Profile Photo
groucho797
#2097Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 11/5/13 at 12:18pm

Thanks very much for this link! Wish I knew who everyone was in the video (any idea why Sean Penn is there?). I catch Depp at the beginning, followed by Lily Cole - but who's the one gyrating in black a bit later on? Then again, this may be a thread for another board completely....

Wildcard
#2098Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 11/5/13 at 12:40pm

I can understand why Amanda got the role. She acted the part very well. She wasn't the best singer but she played Cosette very well in the style they needed for the film. Mackenzie sang beautifully but her acting in the video was very theatrical.

justincharacter Profile Photo
justincharacter
#2099Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 11/5/13 at 10:48pm

I wonder if Jayne Wisener ever went in to audition for Cosette or Rapunzel

Maximum Thread Size of 5,000 Messages Reached
Please Start a New Thread!

Videos