Hedwig's future

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#200Hedwig's future
Posted: 8/21/14 at 5:08pm

I think there's more of a chance that JCM would do it than there is of MC doing it. I actually wouldn't be shocked if JCM does take that stage. Can you imagine?

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

Alix Profile Photo
Alix
#201Hedwig's future
Posted: 8/21/14 at 7:38pm

I just rewatched the (fantastic) interview that originally made my think JCM could do it again. Link below. Again, I don't actually think it's that likely and realize it's largely wishful thinking, but this interview implies to me that the idea of John stepping into the Broadway production has at least been discussed. And his worries about the demands of the show make me feel that it's totally plausible that he'd agree to it only if it were a reduced number of shows, like the new schedule starting in mid-October....
Starts around the 21:30 mark

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#202Hedwig's future
Posted: 8/21/14 at 7:52pm

Wow, they are going from eight to five shows a week, and keeping the 7pm show time on a Saturday. Interesting.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#203Hedwig's future
Posted: 8/21/14 at 8:42pm

They are being very aggressive with the seating for those later dates. With Rannels, they opened up most of the orchestra immediately, but those later dates are very much like they want to roll in dynamic pricing once the announcement is made, etc.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#204Hedwig's future
Posted: 8/21/14 at 8:46pm

"I just rewatched the (fantastic) interview that originally made my think JCM could do it again."

Karnak is telling me there is a possibility.....

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#205Hedwig's future
Posted: 8/21/14 at 8:58pm

Since I'm going to be away from keyboard a lot more lately and might miss such an announcement, I rolled the dice. So I have a great seat to see someone in Hedwig on November 12... Hedwig's future

Bwaydreamer3 Profile Photo
Bwaydreamer3
#206Hedwig's future
Posted: 8/21/14 at 9:02pm

Lucky you! I would do the same thing if I could!

littlebro2
#207Hedwig's future
Posted: 8/21/14 at 11:34pm

Could Joseph Gordon-Levitt be taking over and agreeing to only do 5 shows a week? If someone really famous is signing on, you'd think that they would have an alternate too that could do two shows a week. Is it profitable to only do five shows a week?

2014- Cripple of Inishmaan, Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder, Hedwig and the Angry Inch, Bullets Over Broadway

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#208Hedwig's future
Posted: 8/21/14 at 11:45pm

The show already recouped, so as long as they keep making their nut, they can do whatever they want, really.

BWAYNerd2
#209Hedwig's future
Posted: 8/21/14 at 11:52pm

If you're so sure that Headwig is coming back with JCM, then why don't you have tix yet? Who knows if that nut will bust long enough for this to stick around.

Sutton Ross
#210Hedwig's future
Posted: 8/21/14 at 11:52pm

Where ya going Haterobics?

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#211Hedwig's future
Posted: 8/21/14 at 11:56pm

I have a rental property near Myrtle Beach, so now that the tourist season is over, I go down there for a month and chill out while the ocean is still warm. Not entirely a vacation, since I will be working remotely, but I keep that on as tight a leash as possible, so I can hit the beach. Hedwig's future

"If you're so sure that Headwig is coming back with JCM, then why don't you have tix yet?"

Was that directed to me?! I did already buy a ticket, and a premium one at that, so I'm locked in and ready, heh. Updated On: 8/21/14 at 11:56 PM

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#212Hedwig's future
Posted: 8/22/14 at 12:04am

So you're betting on JCM coming back, and you also know that November is the month?

Sutton Ross
#213Hedwig's future
Posted: 8/22/14 at 12:08am

Awesome! Have the best time! Hedwig's future

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#214Hedwig's future
Posted: 8/22/14 at 12:08am

I intend to see every Hedwig in the run, and a change in schedule would seem to indicate it isn't going to be Andrew.

Since I'm seeing Andrew in early October, I only booked November to space out my Hedwigs, assuming the post-Andrew through end of November run is all the same person.

The premium seat just happened to be a matter of where I want to sit, most seats not being sold yet, and that the second they announce it is JCM, it will no longer cost $200 to sit there.

Sutton: Thanks! Should be a fine time... Updated On: 8/22/14 at 12:08 AM

dreaming Profile Photo
dreaming
#215Hedwig's future
Posted: 8/22/14 at 8:36am

I would think they're getting an A-lister to fill the house.

MaddieBB12 Profile Photo
MaddieBB12
#216Hedwig's future
Posted: 8/22/14 at 10:02am

Will a new Hedwig be announced before the flea market (Which is month from today)? I'm waiting to see who the new Hedwig is--if I'm interested in seeing him, I'll wait, if I'm not, I'll see Andrew on the day of the flea market.

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#217Hedwig's future
Posted: 8/22/14 at 10:18am

I think they would probably need an A lister too. As much as I would LOVE to see JCM as Hedwig, I doubt he is famous enough to sell out the Belasco night after night.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#218Hedwig's future
Posted: 8/22/14 at 12:22pm

Only an A-lister or JCM would be able to get away with that schedule... for all we know, though, they just haven't finalized a contract and as soon as they do (dependent on who they get) all those other showtimes may re-appear. Only one of the people in contention might be demanding that schedule...

gstrus2 Profile Photo
gstrus2
#219Hedwig's future
Posted: 8/22/14 at 2:21pm

I contacted someone through the website for the show, and got this repsonse:
"Thank you for reaching out to us. The shows that are on sale beyond October 12 represent a partial performance schedule. The complete performance schedule will be finalized and placed on sale soon. Casting for the role of Hedwig beyond October 12 will be announced at a later point.

Kevin
on behalf of Hedwig and the Angry Inch"
So it sounds like the will add more shows per week.

#220Hedwig's future
Posted: 8/22/14 at 2:31pm

Thanks for shattering my fantasy that Madonna or some other equally stellar "A-lister" was going to take over the role only by making impossibly diva-like scheduling demands.

ghostlight2
#221Hedwig's future
Posted: 8/22/14 at 2:36pm

"I think there's more of a chance that JCM would do it than there is of MC doing it."

Just curious - what makes you say that?

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#222Hedwig's future
Posted: 8/22/14 at 2:45pm

JCM making a return would obviously be more of a commercially viable move than Cerveris.

That said, I would do anything to see Cerveris in the role. I KNOW there must be records of his full performance out in the ether, but no luck for me...

ghostlight2
#223Hedwig's future
Posted: 8/22/14 at 3:14pm

"I KNOW there must be records of his full performance out in the ether, but no luck for me..."

There is - or at least I saw one of his shows being professionally filmed, anyway, though I have never seen footage.

"JCM making a return would obviously be more of a commercially viable move than Cerveris."

I'd argue that point. JCM is known almost solely for Hedwig. Cerveris is well-known on Broadway, as well as for his television roles. He has a huge fan base from his days as The Observer on Fringe. He also has a following from his work as a musician.

That said, both Cerveris and JCM would run through their fan base rather quickly.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#224Hedwig's future
Posted: 8/22/14 at 3:15pm

Not sure the response you got changed anything, though. If the person(s) being courted to take over as Hedwig weren't of a certain stature, they wouldn't have to hold off on locking in the schedule. The new Hedwig would just be told the schedule required. Time will tell...

Videos