devonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
#2400Clinton vs. Trump: The Coming Republican Apocalypse
Posted: 11/6/16 at 3:01am

From the UK I am baffled that Trump is not pulling anything more than around 10% support- he is absolutely ghastly.

There is genuine concern- which I share- about the outcome of this election.  Things could go very wrong for the world, and we have no say in the matter, (having said that, we didn't have much say over the catastrophe known as Brexit either)

YouWantitWhen???? Profile Photo
YouWantitWhen????
#2401Clinton vs. Trump: The Coming Republican Apocalypse
Posted: 11/6/16 at 3:05am

I went to a HRC phone bank in SoCal today, and there were literally too many volunteers!  California is a reliably blue state, so everyone there knew that they calls they would be making would be to voters and volunteers in other states.  The place was packed.  By 3:30 they had run out of numbers for us to call and had to get more from somewhere printed because there were not enough laptops for everyone, and people got through all of the pre-printed lists. 

I think the fear of a Trump Presidency is making sure that there is no complacency among HRC supporters,and after the early, large Latino vote (specifically in Nevada and Florida) I am feeling pretty hopeful about Tuesday (I actually think the polling is off when it comes to GOP women and minorities, under-reporting Clinton support).  I think these last few days have shifted momentum back to Clinton, and thought there will be some really long lines on Tuesday, the Obama coalition, plus an uptick in Latino and women votes, will elect HRC our next President.  

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#2402Clinton vs. Trump: The Coming Republican Apocalypse
Posted: 11/6/16 at 3:36am

I'm petrified.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

javero Profile Photo
javero
#2403Clinton vs. Trump: The Coming Republican Apocalypse
Posted: 11/6/16 at 5:27am

Luscious wrote: "I wasn't feeling all that anxious until I watched Real Time with Bill Maher last night. His interview with President Obama aside, it was the darkest and bleakest Real Time I've ever watched. Bill's nervousness rubbed off on me."

Just watched it.  Anytime an ultra-neocon like David Frum comes out in support of Hillary Clinton rest assured you want no part of a Trump presidency.  Bill didn't seem the least bit festive until the New Rules segment.  He even attenuated Martin Short's attempt at levity given the gravity of the election.  It wasn't easy to watch.  And I believe that Trump is loony enough to nominate Rudy Giuliani to the SCOTUS.  Nuff said.

#FactsMatter...your feelings not so much.

rosscoe(au) Profile Photo
rosscoe(au)
#2404Clinton vs. Trump: The Coming Republican Apocalypse
Posted: 11/6/16 at 5:53am

Please do the right thing for the rest of the world and vote the correct person in, this is one scary f'ed up election...

Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#2405Clinton vs. Trump: The Coming Republican Apocalypse
Posted: 11/6/16 at 8:54am

This may turn out to be the year the Latino vote saved the nation.

Latino voting surge rattles Trump campaign

Apparently every Latino in the country is voting for Clinton...except for one dumb poster on BroadwayWorld who has become even more odious and deranged than Susan Sarandon.

Updated On: 11/6/16 at 08:54 AM

Pootie2
#2406Clinton vs. Trump: The Coming Republican Apocalypse
Posted: 11/6/16 at 8:59am

devonian.t said: "From the UK I am baffled that Trump is not pulling anything more than around 10% support- he is absolutely ghastly.

There is genuine concern- which I share- about the outcome of this election.  Things could go very wrong for the world, and we have no say in the matter, (having said that, we didn't have much say over the catastrophe known as Brexit either)

"

I had a conversation with my dad the other day that shed more light on my own confusion about how the evil of Trump could be so f-ing popular in the U.S.

Single issues. There are probably way too many "single issue" voters who are literally unable to see the bigger picture of nation over self, or just "other people" over self. Now, if one's life is literally hinging on the political platform of a candidate, I can see that (e.g. healthcare), but usually this is definitely not the case. Taxes: If a moderately rich person doesn't want higher taxes and that's his primary motivation for voting, god forbid, he's going to vote Trump despite the sexual assault, the KKK support, the tax evasion (really?), the pro-gun incitement of violence, anti-immigration--and every other evil that Trump is. Abortion is another hot-button topic. Hating Islam more than anything else in this world. Or not believing a WOMAN can ever be an effective leader. You name it.

I suspect Brexit had a similar problem? I remember reading a Regrexit article from an educated Brexit voter who voted not for the hateful rhetoric or false advertising but because he didn't believe the EU experiment was working (structural issues or something); but he didn't realize he was actually voting for the popular platform of being anti-immigration and whatnot and came to regret throwing his hat in with THAT platform. That's something I wish Republicans could understand better in this situation: You may feel strongly about a single issue, but that's not actually what's on the line.

Obviously there are still those who are more loyal to political party than country, but I believe this election cycle has shown that plenty of Republicans have shifted their thinking on this as well. Though the smarter ones will likely vote Clinton but all red Congress in order to create another four years of solid gridlock, because that's what Republicans do (create barricades).

Otherwise, I've come to the conclusion that 40% of Americans are irredeemable morons who should be rounded up and imprisoned in Texas or something with a barbed wall built around there, incised completely out of the United States. After we take out all the decent people, of course.

#BoycottTrumplikePattiMurin

Pootie2
#2407Clinton vs. Trump: The Coming Republican Apocalypse
Posted: 11/6/16 at 9:07am

PalJoey said: " 

This may turn out to be the year the Latino vote saved the nation.

Latino voting surge rattles Trump campaign

Apparently every Latino to the country is voting for Clinton...except for one dumb poster on BroadwayWorld who has become even more odious and deranged than Susan Sarandon.

"

Good news. Though this does bring up another point I had forgotten about--all the polling: Among my friends, I know of no one in my generation or younger who has a landline. So a friend of mine pointed out that the polls are going to skew older and whiter. I imagine random polling techniques and accuracy will only get more and more difficult over the years, but who knows how that can be addressed.

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#2409Clinton vs. Trump: The Coming Republican Apocalypse
Posted: 11/6/16 at 10:39am

Updated On: 11/6/16 at 10:39 AM

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#2410Clinton vs. Trump: The Coming Republican Apocalypse
Posted: 11/6/16 at 11:10am

When did you become such a creep?

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#2411Clinton vs. Trump: The Coming Republican Apocalypse
Posted: 11/6/16 at 11:36am

"Hell, I don't think the Republicans have ever won NY in my lifetime. "

I believe Reagan in 1984 was the last Republican to win NY.

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
South Florida Profile Photo
South Florida
#2413Clinton vs. Trump: The Coming Republican Apocalypse
Posted: 11/6/16 at 11:52am

"I woke up this morning and my queasiness and anxiety are gone. The worst of the Comey/FBI gangbang is over.

Comey will resign in disgrace and be replaced by a woman who respects the law and the Constitution. The 100 FBI agents will quit in sputtering hissy fits and be replaced by minority officers. The agency will reform and become a force for good that cooperates with the CIA to combat terrorism here at home and abroad.

Republicans will lose the Senate and their hold over the House will be vastly diminished.

Madame President will appoint several liberal Supreme Court justices and the Democratic Senate will offer its advice and consent and confirm them.

The economy will boom. Jobs will be created. Cities will rebound. The Rust Belt will see new industries created. Income inequality will decrease, and a feeling of renewed opportunity will crop up from coast to coast.

Obamacare will continue, with several major reforms that will bring premiums and co-pays down.

Black lives will matter, and shootings by police as well as shootings of deaths will decrease.

And Trump will go bankrupt. Again.

All this will happen. All we have to do is vote."

This post needs a song to go with it how bout?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfB9_XWReEg

Stephanatic

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#2414Clinton vs. Trump: The Coming Republican Apocalypse
Posted: 11/6/16 at 12:50pm

"Comey will resign in disgrace and be replaced by a woman who respects the law and the Constitution. The 100 FBI agents will quit in sputtering hissy fits and be replaced by minority officers. The agency will reform and become a force for good that cooperates with the CIA to combat terrorism here at home and abroad.

Wonder if you said the same thing months ago when Comey did not recommend to indict Hillary Clinton - lol.

The economy will boom. Jobs will be created. Cities will rebound. The Rust Belt will see new industries created. Income inequality will decrease, and a feeling of renewed opportunity will crop up from coast to coast.

Do you live on fantasy island? If Clinton wins, she will be the most disliked/most untrusted person ever elected POTUS. She will win mostly because people were scared of Trump.  Congress will be divided so once again gridlock will happen for another four years.

Obamacare will continue, with several major reforms that will bring premiums and co-pays down.

Once again, not going to happen with Congress divided.

Black lives will matter, and shootings by police as well as shootings of deaths will decrease.

So Hillary is going to wave her magic wand and cops will feel the magic of Hillary and never shoot a black person, really. Good luck with Hillary getting gun control measures passed and even if it did happen that is not the only cause of shooting deaths. Do you honestly believe that only Democrats believe black lives matter? 

Pootie2
#2415Clinton vs. Trump: The Coming Republican Apocalypse
Posted: 11/6/16 at 1:25pm

yankeefan7 said: "

Do you live on fantasy island? If Clinton wins, she will be the most disliked/most untrusted person ever elected POTUS.

"

False. See: Lincoln.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#2416Clinton vs. Trump: The Coming Republican Apocalypse
Posted: 11/6/16 at 1:52pm

The Senate may not be divided. Keep your eyes on these eight states--if 5 out of the 8 go blue, Madame President will have a Democratic Senate, which means...SUPREME COURT CONFIRMATIONS!

New Hampshire: Currently polling 45.0 (D) - 47.5 (R)

* Pennsylvania: 48.3 (D) - 44.5 (R)

* North Carolina: 45 (D) - 46.5 (R)

* Florida: 46.3 (D) - 49.5 (R)

Indiana: 41.7 (D) - 42.7 (R)

* Wisconsin: 47.0 (D) - 44.3 (R)

*Missouri: 45.3 (D) - 46.8 (R)

Nevada: 45.3 (D) - 46.7 (R)

*PJ's picks for most likely to turn the Senate blue

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#2417Clinton vs. Trump: The Coming Republican Apocalypse
Posted: 11/6/16 at 1:59pm

Pretty optimistic to say that Rubio and Burr will lose.

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#2418Clinton vs. Trump: The Coming Republican Apocalypse
Posted: 11/6/16 at 2:01pm

That story that PJ posted about the Latino vote made me really happy. I also found it fascinating that, according to the article, the vast majority of State polls have been conducted by landline only.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#2419Clinton vs. Trump: The Coming Republican Apocalypse
Posted: 11/6/16 at 2:12pm

For some reason the pollsters can't do cell phones by automated random dialing--only land lines.

If the Latino vote goes blue, they are saying it may mean a defeat for the GOP they may not be able to recover from for decades.

Pootie2
#2420Clinton vs. Trump: The Coming Republican Apocalypse
Posted: 11/6/16 at 2:18pm

ErikJ972 said: "That story that PJ posted about the Latino vote made me really happy. I also found it fascinating that, according to the article, the vast majority of State polls have been conducted by landline only.

"

That was exactly my point above; there are significant missing demographics such as the younger generations and Latino vote, by that article, that means the polling likely isn't accurate and will get less accurate going forward.

Google TCPA for the federal regulations that restrict/prohibit that type of calling to mobile phone numbers.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#2421Clinton vs. Trump: The Coming Republican Apocalypse
Posted: 11/6/16 at 2:21pm

Landline polling is horrendously self-limiting.

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#2422Clinton vs. Trump: The Coming Republican Apocalypse
Posted: 11/6/16 at 3:04pm

"False. See: Lincoln. "

Ok, that still is pretty bad if you have to go back to Lincoln - lol

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#2423Clinton vs. Trump: The Coming Republican Apocalypse
Posted: 11/6/16 at 3:14pm

"From the UK I am baffled that Trump is not pulling anything more than around 10% support- he is absolutely ghastly"

It is really simple. Many people in this country are so tired of politicians that they are willing to vote for anybody who has not been part of the system. People in this country are just plain angry at the direction of the country and politicians saying one thing and doing another.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#2424Clinton vs. Trump: The Coming Republican Apocalypse
Posted: 11/6/16 at 3:15pm

Google TCPA for the federal regulations that restrict/prohibit that type of calling to mobile phone numbers.

Oh, right. Of course.

Videos