pixeltracker

So what show is Bernadette doing in the fall?

So what show is Bernadette doing in the fall?

Yankeefan007
#1So what show is Bernadette doing in the fall?
Posted: 7/12/09 at 5:13pm

She alluded to something "exciting" happening in the fall regarding her returning to Broadway on Fox 5.

Anyone have any hints?
Updated On: 7/12/09 at 05:13 PM

Pgenre Profile Photo
Pgenre
#2re: So what show is Bernadette doing in the fall?
Posted: 7/12/09 at 5:17pm

ANYONE CAN WHISTLE at ENCORES. (Cora this time)

I broke the story in the BERNADETTE PETERS/SWEENEY TODD THREAD.

P
Updated On: 7/12/09 at 05:17 PM

Yankeefan007
#2re: So what show is Bernadette doing in the fall?
Posted: 7/12/09 at 5:21pm

Ok, that's worth going to.

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#3re: So what show is Bernadette doing in the fall?
Posted: 7/12/09 at 5:31pm

She'd be great as Cora but technically not a return to Broadway.

Was hoping LuPone would repeat her Cora, but Peters will be great.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#4re: So what show is Bernadette doing in the fall?
Posted: 7/12/09 at 5:45pm

WHISTLE is in the Spring though, not Fall.

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#5re: So what show is Bernadette doing in the fall?
Posted: 7/12/09 at 5:49pm

You're correct ljay. And it isn't BROADWAY.

Maybe she's doing a Broadway run of her concert?

gvendo2005 Profile Photo
gvendo2005
#6re: So what show is Bernadette doing in the fall?
Posted: 7/12/09 at 7:10pm

Or maybe we're gonna see another transfer. Bernadette's a safe name to put investor $$$ into.

"There is no problem so big that it cannot be run away from." ~ Charles M. Schulz

binau Profile Photo
binau
#7re: So what show is Bernadette doing in the fall?
Posted: 7/12/09 at 7:14pm

Transfer of what? Anyone Can Whistle? :-/

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

gvendo2005 Profile Photo
gvendo2005
#8re: So what show is Bernadette doing in the fall?
Posted: 7/12/09 at 7:23pm

Stranger things have happened.

"There is no problem so big that it cannot be run away from." ~ Charles M. Schulz

dg22894
#9re: So what show is Bernadette doing in the fall?
Posted: 7/12/09 at 7:36pm

I could possibly see her replacing as Donna in Mamma Mia. Maybe she is going to be in one of those new shows opening.

gypsy4
#10re: So what show is Bernadette doing in the fall?
Posted: 7/12/09 at 7:37pm

Madame morrible in Wicked?

AndAllThatJazz22
#11re: So what show is Bernadette doing in the fall?
Posted: 7/12/09 at 7:41pm

dg22894

and gyps4

STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT

"There's nothing good on. The media hates Christmas. The media loves vampires, though. Maybe they will show a Twilight Christmas."
-Danmeg's 10 year old son.

gypsy4
#12re: So what show is Bernadette doing in the fall?
Posted: 7/12/09 at 7:43pm

It's called sarcasm I could never see her take on any role in wicked. I'm hoping for the Hello Dolly Revival.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#13re: So what show is Bernadette doing in the fall?
Posted: 7/12/09 at 7:47pm

Jerry Herman already said he's not interesting in seeing Bernadette as Dolly.

AndAllThatJazz22
#14re: So what show is Bernadette doing in the fall?
Posted: 7/12/09 at 7:50pm

gypsy4,

I forgive you :)

"There's nothing good on. The media hates Christmas. The media loves vampires, though. Maybe they will show a Twilight Christmas."

gypsy4
#15re: So what show is Bernadette doing in the fall?
Posted: 7/12/09 at 7:51pm

well one could only hope. All that Jazz if that ever happened I would be laughing.
Updated On: 7/12/09 at 07:51 PM

AndAllThatJazz22
#16re: So what show is Bernadette doing in the fall?
Posted: 7/12/09 at 7:53pm

I would be stabbing myself repeatedly.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#17re: So what show is Bernadette doing in the fall?
Posted: 7/12/09 at 8:06pm

Don't you think we would have heard something by this point about some new show opening this fall that she could possibly be going into?

I mean "This Fall" is only a few weeks away. A big new show starring Bernadette Peters would already be on the radar, no?

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#18re: So what show is Bernadette doing in the fall?
Posted: 7/12/09 at 8:13pm

Bobby, I'm glad someone else would want to see LuPone as Cora. I honestly thought of her before Bernadette, but really since I know Patti's done Encores and Bernadette hasn't.

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#19re: So what show is Bernadette doing in the fall?
Posted: 7/12/09 at 8:17pm

I much prefer Peters in the role, though as I've said a hundred times before, Meryl would have been my top choice. If she did Central Park, why can't she do Encores!
So are Benanti and Pasquale rounding up the cast?

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

Pgenre Profile Photo
Pgenre
#20re: So what show is Bernadette doing in the fall?
Posted: 7/12/09 at 8:21pm

Bernadette, Benanti, Raul.

ray-andallthatjazz86
#21re: So what show is Bernadette doing in the fall?
Posted: 7/12/09 at 8:22pm

Ahhh, I guess Pasquale was wishful thinking. Sounds good though.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#22re: So what show is Bernadette doing in the fall?
Posted: 7/12/09 at 8:44pm

I'm not so quick to believe they've got Benanti.

She is going be in a show in the fall and already has a second one lined up for the spring that she'll have to take a leave for if the first one sustains a run.

I don't see how she'd have time to do anything else, even something like an Encores! show that requires a minimum time commitment.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.
Updated On: 7/12/09 at 08:44 PM

ray-andallthatjazz86
#23re: So what show is Bernadette doing in the fall?
Posted: 7/12/09 at 8:49pm

Interesting, somethingwicked. Then perhaps Raul isn't attached either.
Maybe Jenny Powers can play Nurse Apple, I love her rendition of "There Won't Be Trumpets."

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#24re: So what show is Bernadette doing in the fall?
Posted: 7/12/09 at 8:50pm

I don't know very much about Jenny Powers, but I kind of love that people are tossing her name around for so many projects.

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

Videos