pixeltracker

Broadway(World)'s First iPhone App - UPDATED

Broadway(World)'s First iPhone App - UPDATED

Rob Profile Photo
Rob
#1Broadway(World)'s First iPhone App - UPDATED
Posted: 10/15/09 at 2:26pm

Well, it's been quite the week here where I've also been getting over the flu, but I'm VERY excited and happy to share some great news, and that's that the first version of BroadwayWorld.com's iPhone app is now available (for FREE) from Apple's iPhone App Store.

You can get the app by searching for 'Broadway' or 'BroadwayWorld' or by clicking here.
https://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=325968221&mt=8

We're proud to be the first Broadway web site with an iPhone app, and this early version features iPhone optimized versions of all of our news, regional content, photos, special offers, blogs, show listings and more, along with links to our wireless message board and other features.

We've got A LOT of new features coming to already-in-the-works updated versions of the app in the very near future including search, video, and lots more and I'd love any and all feedback that YOU'VE got of this early release version and new features that YOU would like to see.

Please email me at robert@broadwayworld.com with your questions, comments and solutions and thanks as always for your support!

-------

UPDATE 10/21 -- The application now features Search, Streaming BroadwayWorld.com and Jersey Boys Radio and a few other new items. Updated On: 10/21/09 at 02:26 PM

FindingNamo
#2re: Broadway(World)'s First iPhone App
Posted: 10/15/09 at 2:54pm

The app looks great, real shiny and new. The message board section still doesn't seem to want to play well all the time with the iPhone (although it seems to go better if you log in before you go to the board itself), but so far, so impressive.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

AwesomeDanny
#3re: Broadway(World)'s First iPhone App
Posted: 10/15/09 at 6:24pm

Downloading it now, so excited. Thank you soooo much!

raulmark Profile Photo
raulmark
#4re: Broadway(World)'s First iPhone App
Posted: 10/15/09 at 6:59pm

Thanks! Downloading it right now

Devious Profile Photo
Devious
#5re: Broadway(World)'s First iPhone App
Posted: 10/15/09 at 8:16pm

THANK YOU!!
BWW never used to work on my itouch, it was the worst!

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#6re: Broadway(World)'s First iPhone App
Posted: 10/15/09 at 8:58pm

Does this actually have the message board on it? Because I already have Broadwayworld.com as one of my RSS feeds in NetNewsFinder...

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

South Fl Marc Profile Photo
South Fl Marc
#7re: Broadway(World)'s First iPhone App
Posted: 10/15/09 at 9:12pm

Why no Blackberry App?

FindingNamo
#8re: Broadway(World)'s First iPhone App
Posted: 10/15/09 at 10:35pm

Oh how cute. A Blackberry app.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#9re: Broadway(World)'s First iPhone App
Posted: 10/15/09 at 10:44pm

Hahahahaha.

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

musicalbluemirror Profile Photo
musicalbluemirror
#10re: Broadway(World)'s First iPhone App
Posted: 10/16/09 at 11:06pm

any way to get it to download on the iTouch?

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#11re: Broadway(World)'s First iPhone App
Posted: 10/17/09 at 3:05am

An iPod Touch is essentially an iPhone minus the phone. So you would download it the same way. Download it on iTunes, connect your iPod Touch and transfer the file to the device.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

FeelingElectric2 Profile Photo
FeelingElectric2
#12re: Broadway(World)'s First iPhone App
Posted: 10/17/09 at 12:43pm

Or just connect to the Internet (wifi) on the iPod touch and download it via the app store :) jut search for it.

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#13re: Broadway(World)'s First iPhone App
Posted: 10/17/09 at 5:13pm

I've got the app & now all I need is the iTouch.

binau Profile Photo
binau
#14re: Broadway(World)'s First iPhone App
Posted: 10/17/09 at 8:29pm

I don't get it I can't really see some 'links to a message' board, maybe I'm blind.

Since BW is having this strange problem on iPhone where it always goes to the top, I've found the best thing is the W.Broadwayworld.com website (i.e. mobile)

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

AwesomeDanny
#15re: Broadway(World)'s First iPhone App
Posted: 10/18/09 at 3:23pm

It won't download to my iPod touch. It says the app requires a microphone, which my iPod doesn't have. Why does it need a microphone to work?

FeelingElectric2
#16re: Broadway(World)'s First iPhone App
Posted: 10/18/09 at 3:56pm

It doesn't need a microphone. Umm do you have OS 3.0 or above?

kchenofan Profile Photo
kchenofan
#17re: Broadway(World)'s First iPhone App
Posted: 10/18/09 at 10:58pm

Great. Now I need to buy the upgrade for my iPod. At least it's only $5.

kchenofan's computer is broken right now. This is her fridge. Now, you can leave a message, but say it slowly, so I can write it on a post-it note and stick it to myself.

FeelingElectric2
#18re: Broadway(World)'s First iPhone App
Posted: 10/19/09 at 12:00am

kchenofan, Google is your friend. :)
Updated On: 10/19/09 at 12:00 AM

AwesomeDanny
#19re: Broadway(World)'s First iPhone App
Posted: 10/19/09 at 8:53pm

Yeah, I have the 3.1 update. This was when I tried buying it directly on my iPod. Now I'm gonna try syncing the app onto my iPod.

kchenofan Profile Photo
kchenofan
#20re: Broadway(World)'s First iPhone App
Posted: 10/19/09 at 9:46pm

"kchenofan, Google is your friend. :)"

What do you mean by that?

kchenofan's computer is broken right now. This is her fridge. Now, you can leave a message, but say it slowly, so I can write it on a post-it note and stick it to myself.

jacobson Profile Photo
jacobson
#21re: Broadway(World)'s First iPhone App
Posted: 10/20/09 at 9:47am

How about making one for Android?

Rob Profile Photo
Rob
#22re: Broadway(World)'s First iPhone App
Posted: 10/20/09 at 5:37pm

We're in talks about creating a Blackberry and Android app as well...but, in the meantime, our mobile site should now work better on both of those two platforms than it ever has in the past.

https://w.broadwayworld.com

Rob Profile Photo
Rob
#23re: Broadway(World)'s First iPhone App
Posted: 10/21/09 at 3:35pm

UPDATE 10/21 -- The application now features Search, Streaming BroadwayWorld.com and Jersey Boys Radio and a few other new items. Check it out!

jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
#24re: Broadway(World)'s First iPhone App
Posted: 10/21/09 at 8:24pm

Am about to download it...

But as an aside, the "Broadway in Chicago" app was first. re: Broadway(World)'s First iPhone App

jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
#25re: Broadway(World)'s First iPhone App
Posted: 10/21/09 at 8:26pm

PS-- works great!

Videos