pixeltracker

Who is the most pleasant actor you've encountered at the stage door? - Page 2

Who is the most pleasant actor you've encountered at the stage door?

mywonderwa11 Profile Photo
mywonderwa11
#25re: Who is the most pleasant actor you've encountered at the stage door?
Posted: 11/30/09 at 12:23pm

John Tartaglia...couldn't have been nicer!

I don't stage door anymore, but back in 2003 when I stage doored Avenue Q I remember John Tartaglia being exceptionally kind. Actually...the entire original cast of Avenue Q was exceptionally kind. Stephanie, Ann, John, Jordan, Rick, Jennifer, and Natalie...so gracious!

"Somethin's comin', I don't know what it is but it is gonna be great!"

snl89
#26re: Who is the most pleasant actor you've encountered at the stage door?
Posted: 11/30/09 at 12:35pm

Honestly I've never really had a BAD stagedoor experience. In general people tend to be super sweet :)

Jonathan Groff is maybe especially awesome <3 He somehow remembered me from when I had stagedoored more than a YEAR before! (unless he was just being nice, but like, that seems like a risky move to say 'oh hey I remember you!' if you don't because if the person hasn't met you before, that's awkward lol. So I like to think he really did!) And then he was complimenting my mom and just being altogether a complete sweetheart and I adore him re: Who is the most pleasant actor you've encountered at the stage door?

But yeah.. MOST Broadway people I've met are great. Everyone from Hair that I've met is awesome, pretty much everyone from Spring Awakening OBC was great, Bye Bye Birdy cast are all super nice... I wouldn't say I've ever had a BAD experience with anyone. No one's been rude or anything. Some have been a little quieter/low key maybe, but not rude :)

I don't need a life that's normal. That's way too far away. But something next to normal would be okay. Something next to normal is what I'd like to try. Close enough to normal to get by.
Updated On: 11/30/09 at 12:35 PM

WishingOnlyWounds2
#27re: Who is the most pleasant actor you've encountered at the stage door?
Posted: 11/30/09 at 3:24pm

Caissie Levy was extremely nice, she hugged me which I was not expecting.

Stephanie J. Block... such a doll.

Becky Gulsvig

Quentin Earl Darrington

Greg Jbara

Haven Burton

Alli Mauzey

Brian D'Arcy James

Sutton Foster... I was quite surprised when I got to meet her and she was so nice!

Lisa Brescia... had a 10 minute conversation with her.

I've had quite a few nice stage door experiences.

2008: Feb. 18- Rent, Feb. 19- Curtains, April 18- Xanadu, April 22- Wicked, April 26- Legally Blonde, May 31- Wicked, June 13- The Little Mermaid, June 28- Wicked and Young Frankenstein, July 2- The Little Mermaid, July 6- A Chorus Line and Legally Blonde, August 16- Xanadu, September 13- Legally Blonde and 13, September 28- Xanadu and Spring Awakening, Oct. 12-GYPSY and [title of show], Oct. 19- Hairspray & Legally Blonde, Nov. 9- Wicked and 13, Dec. 14-13, Dec. 26- Billy Elliot, 2009: Jan 1- Shrek, Jan 2- 13 and Wicked, Jan 4- 13, Feb 17- In The Heights, Feb 19- Billy Elliot, Feb 22- Sweeney Todd (tour), March 28- Mary Poppins, April 4- Mamma Mia!, April 15- Jersey Boys (on tour), April 25- next to normal & 9 to 5 May 1- Billy Elliot, May 3- Spelling Bee (tour), May 8- Chicago, May 21- Wicked, June 6- Everyday Rapture, June 23- The Wiz, June 25- Hair July 15- Shrek, August 9- Wicked, September 7- Rock of Ages, October 11- Next To Normal, October 23- The Marvelous Wonderettes, November 7- Ragtime November 29- Dreamgirls, December 25- Billy Elliot, December 30- Finian's Rainbow, 2010: January 9- Bye Bye Birdie, January 16- Memphis February 17- The Phantom of The Opera, February 18- God of Carnage, March 7- Billy Elliot, March 31- American Idiot

AbbyNormal13 Profile Photo
AbbyNormal13
#28re: Who is the most pleasant actor you've encountered at the stage door?
Posted: 11/30/09 at 4:39pm

The entire cast of Shrek are also very nice

taylorPHENOMENON2 Profile Photo
taylorPHENOMENON2
EatMySchwartz
#30re: Who is the most pleasant actor you've encountered at the stage door?
Posted: 11/30/09 at 5:17pm

Met Jude Law last night after the HUGE crowd died down. He was an absolute darling! I knew he wanted to run, so I just smiled and said hi and ended chatting with him for 5 minutes!

JUUUUUDE!

ChiChi Profile Photo
ChiChi
#31re: Who is the most pleasant actor you've encountered at the stage door?
Posted: 11/30/09 at 5:19pm

I'd have to say that it was Elisabeth Withers-Mendes. I met her after the show and told her that I loved the show so much I'd bought another full priced ticket for the next day (I was a bit manic I think.) Upon hearing this she asked for my name and invited me to come back stage after the show the next day. Not earth shattering but I felt cool for about five minutes.

Gypsy - Betty Buckley http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUN5XoB5vFs&feature=youtu.be

perfectlymarvelous Profile Photo
perfectlymarvelous
#32re: Who is the most pleasant actor you've encountered at the stage door?
Posted: 11/30/09 at 5:22pm

taylorPHENOMENON2, I agree with Raul Esparza as well. I met him after the final performance of Company (which was one of the best stagedoor experiences I have had...there was a huge crowd but everyone who was at the front was taking Playbills/posters/programs from those in the back and passing them up for the cast to sign, and the cast was waving to those of us in the back who they couldn't really talk to...very nice and very very calm for a last show stage door, there wasn't any pushing or shouting or anything like that), and he was so sweet with everyone and signed/took pics with everyone who wanted one even though he was absolutely mobbed.

LimelightMike Profile Photo
LimelightMike
#33re: Who is the most pleasant actor you've encountered at the stage door?
Posted: 11/30/09 at 5:39pm

Just tossin' it out there: Norm Lewis, anyone?

EatMySchwartz
#34re: Who is the most pleasant actor you've encountered at the stage door?
Posted: 11/30/09 at 5:45pm

I'd really love to hear Raul live. Was he in the cast of "Once on this Island?" I don't remember who was on that playbill but I remember being really taken back buy someone I thought looked like him.

Kalimba Profile Photo
Kalimba
#35re: Who is the most pleasant actor you've encountered at the stage door?
Posted: 11/30/09 at 5:47pm

Marisa Tomei is a true gem. Love her. Probably my best stage door experience of all time.

inick122492 Profile Photo
inick122492
#36re: Who is the most pleasant actor you've encountered at the stage door?
Posted: 11/30/09 at 5:47pm

Nicole Parker, she took her time with everybody, asked where I was from, she noticed the first picture taken of us didn't take. She then said would I like another. Most people usually just forget about it and try to escape!

NDR
#37re: Who is the most pleasant actor you've encountered at the stage door?
Posted: 11/30/09 at 5:56pm

Stephanie J Block
John Bolton
Alice Ripley

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#38re: Who is the most pleasant actor you've encountered at the stage door?
Posted: 11/30/09 at 6:12pm

Katie Rose Clarke, Lisa Brescia, Alice Ripley.

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#39re: Who is the most pleasant actor you've encountered at the stage door?
Posted: 11/30/09 at 6:17pm

Alice Ripley hands down
she spends time with each fan and is just so nice!
Also Adam Chanlaer Berat is very nice at the stage door
Lin Manual Miranda and the original cast of In The Heights also very kind at the stagedoor

Ed_Mottershead
#40re: Who is the most pleasant actor you've encountered at the stage door?
Posted: 11/30/09 at 7:21pm

From the distant past, Robert Preston was without doubt the friendliest, most gracious of them all. He had time for EVERYBODY and talked to people like he was really interested in what they were saying. He was fantastic with kids, picking them up, jostling them and acting like they were his peers. On an aside, one of the bartenders at Sardi's (from long ago) mentioned that, of all the celebrities he'd served, only Robert Preston would show the slightest sign of recognition on the street, would remember everybody's name and ask them questions that indicated that he listened and remembered what anyone said. They don't make 'em like that anymore, sadly.

BroadwayEd
Updated On: 11/30/09 at 07:21 PM

pc1145N2 Profile Photo
pc1145N2
#41re: Who is the most pleasant actor you've encountered at the stage door?
Posted: 11/30/09 at 7:27pm

This one is easy:

Stephanie J. Block

Cherry Jones

Not even close to others.

coryografer Profile Photo
coryografer
Blockhead24 Profile Photo
Blockhead24
Hank
#44re: Who is the most pleasant actor you've encountered at the stage door?
Posted: 11/30/09 at 8:01pm

Gavin Creel, and Jennifer Hope Wells.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#45re: Who is the most pleasant actor you've encountered at the stage door?
Posted: 11/30/09 at 8:08pm

I met him after the final performance of Company (which was one of the best stagedoor experiences I have had...there was a huge crowd but everyone who was at the front was taking Playbills/posters/programs from those in the back and passing them up for the cast to sign, and the cast was waving to those of us in the back who they couldn't really talk to...very nice and very very calm for a last show stage door, there wasn't any pushing or shouting or anything like that), and he was so sweet with everyone and signed/took pics with everyone who wanted one even though he was absolutely mobbed.

... there wasn't any pushing or shouting? Where were you? Heh, because I'd liked to have been there. A different theater, perhaps? re: Who is the most pleasant actor you've encountered at the stage door?

Anyway, Raul is one of the kindest, most wonderful people I have ever had the pleasure to meet, actor at a stage door or not. Adore him. And no, he was not in Once on This Island.

A work of art is an invitation to love.
Updated On: 11/30/09 at 08:08 PM

perfectlymarvelous Profile Photo
perfectlymarvelous
#46re: Who is the most pleasant actor you've encountered at the stage door?
Posted: 11/30/09 at 8:12pm

My side was relatively calm. I was also really far at the back so maybe I missed the worst of it haha. I'd imagine the people who were right at the front were getting pushed a bit but it wasn't bad back where I was. Plus, nothing will compare to the ridiculousness of the last Sweeney stage door. So much insanity.

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#47re: Who is the most pleasant actor you've encountered at the stage door?
Posted: 11/30/09 at 8:15pm

Lisa Brescia - easily the number one kindest most caring person out of anyone I've ever met at a stage door. She is a true gem.

Runners up include Stephanie Block and Brooke Shields...

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#48re: Who is the most pleasant actor you've encountered at the stage door?
Posted: 11/30/09 at 8:31pm

"From the distant past, Robert Preston was without doubt the friendliest, most gracious of them all. He had time for EVERYBODY and talked to people like he was really interested in what they were saying. He was fantastic with kids, picking them up, jostling them and acting like they were his peers. On an aside, one of the bartenders at Sardi's (from long ago) mentioned that, of all the celebrities he'd served, only Robert Preston would show the slightest sign of recognition on the street, would remember everybody's name and ask them questions that indicated that he listened and remembered what anyone said. They don't make 'em like that anymore, sadly."

What a class act. He is indeed missed.

elphie4
#49re: Who is the most pleasant actor you've encountered at the stage door?
Posted: 11/30/09 at 9:20pm

kristin chenoweth- met her at the apple tree and she was so sweet and i even took a pic with her :)

a lot of the casts are generally really sweet especially bye bye birdie, and wicked

shoshana bean- Met her when she was a stand by for Idina and she was so funny after the show. Me and my family were literally talking and walking with her for about two blocks :)

Videos