Sutton Foster in Concert :)

isingbaritone
#1Sutton Foster in Concert :)
Posted: 1/3/10 at 3:48pm

This will be in Findlay Ohio :)

The 2010 UF Kirk Musical Theatre Guest Artist is SUTTON FOSTER!!!!! Sun, Jan 31 -- 8:00 pm -- WTS Limited Gen Adm tkts on sale tomorrow (Mon) -- Adults: $15, Students $10, UF studends, faculty, staff: FREE (UF Box office: AMU or 419-434-5335) Ms Fosters is the Tony Award-winning star of THOROUGHLY MODERN MILLIE, LITTLE WOMEN, THE DROWSY CHAPERONE, YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN, & SHREK!

inick122492 Profile Photo
inick122492
#2Sutton Foster in Concert :)
Posted: 1/3/10 at 4:08pm

Also in Cleveland too :)

RachelO Profile Photo
RachelO
#2Sutton Foster in Concert :)
Posted: 1/3/10 at 9:44pm

Yes, she's coming to Cleveland as well, and I couldn't be happier!

Anna_Elizabeth Profile Photo
Anna_Elizabeth
#3Sutton Foster in Concert :)
Posted: 1/3/10 at 11:43pm

I believe she will be in San Francisco in February. Nice that she is starting a cabaret tour.

theminutepast
#4Sutton Foster in Concert :)
Posted: 1/4/10 at 2:14pm

So maddening that I just left Ohio, too.

EponineThenardier Profile Photo
EponineThenardier
#5Sutton Foster in Concert :)
Posted: 1/4/10 at 3:08pm

Oooh! Are there any specific dates or more info about this?

Hank
#6Sutton Foster in Concert :)
Posted: 1/4/10 at 8:06pm

Findlay, Ohio, huh! For those of you that may not know, It's Gavin Creel's hometown.

mywonderwa11 Profile Photo
mywonderwa11
#7Sutton Foster in Concert :)
Posted: 1/4/10 at 8:45pm

Am I the only one that has trouble picturing Sutton Foster in concert?

"Somethin's comin', I don't know what it is but it is gonna be great!"

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#8Sutton Foster in Concert :)
Posted: 1/4/10 at 9:16pm

^ Nope.

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

pc1145N2 Profile Photo
pc1145N2
#9Sutton Foster in Concert :)
Posted: 1/4/10 at 10:33pm

I can picture it too. I think Sutton would be great in concert! If she were closer to me, I'd go see her.

#10Sutton Foster in Concert :)
Posted: 1/4/10 at 10:35pm

I want her to come to Chicago. Sutton Foster in Concert :)

MillieDillmount Profile Photo
MillieDillmount
#11Sutton Foster in Concert :)
Posted: 1/5/10 at 5:42am

Now that Sutton is donw with Shrek, she is going on tour. She is having a sort of preview concert at Joe's Pub on Jan. 24. The tour starts in Feb, and to my knowledge she is doing shows up til at least May. She is going to places like FL, St. Louis, Cleveland, CA, Boston. The tour dates have yet to be posted, this is just info she told me, and some dates I found on the internet. It's gonna be amazing!

And Sutton Foster is just amazing in concert!! I saw her last Feb at the Lincoln Center and she did songs from all of her shows (I mean even Annie and Les Miserables!) She is so funny cause she's such a great story teller. And, well, her voice is just out of this world! I can't wait til the concert on the 24th! Sutton Foster in Concert :)

binau Profile Photo
binau
#12Sutton Foster in Concert :)
Posted: 1/5/10 at 5:47am

..I wonder if she will sing something from WHISTLE.

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#13Sutton Foster in Concert :)
Posted: 1/5/10 at 7:14am

She's coming to Boston? I want to see this!

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

pc1145N2 Profile Photo
pc1145N2
#14Sutton Foster in Concert :)
Posted: 1/6/10 at 2:06am

I also hope she comes to Chicago.

That's a show I'd go to for sure!

Videos