Posted: 1/7/10 at 7:22pm

I checked on Amazon & it is not listed. Ditto for Talkin Broadway

Any idea when it will come out?

Poster Emeritus

Pgenre Profile Photo
Pgenre
#2A Tale Of Two Cities Concert DVD
Posted: 1/7/10 at 7:36pm

Same day as the DRACULA concept album, WONDERLAND concept album and JEKYLL & HYDE: RESURRECTION.

P

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#2A Tale Of Two Cities Concert DVD
Posted: 1/7/10 at 9:38pm

The Jekyll & Hyde Resurrection CD was released ages ago.

rockfenris2005
#3A Tale Of Two Cities Concert DVD
Posted: 1/8/10 at 5:50am

And the Wonderland concept album is easily available too.

Who can explain it, who can tell you why? Fools give you reasons, wise men never try -South Pacific

gvendo2005 Profile Photo
gvendo2005
#4A Tale Of Two Cities Concert DVD
Posted: 1/8/10 at 11:45am

Well, P, I guess "two out of three ain't bad"?

"There is no problem so big that it cannot be run away from." ~ Charles M. Schulz

Mattbrain
#5A Tale Of Two Cities Concert DVD
Posted: 1/8/10 at 12:53pm

And the Dracula concept album is a Google search away pretty much.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

x_stephen_x
#6A Tale Of Two Cities Concert DVD
Posted: 1/8/10 at 7:42pm

"And the Dracula concept album is a Google search away pretty much."

I've been looking all over Google for it and can't find it anywhere! am i being really stupid or something, i really wanna hear some of this music! It's Wildhorn so i'm guessing there are a few audition-friendly ballads

philly03 Profile Photo
philly03
#7A Tale Of Two Cities Concert DVD
Posted: 1/8/10 at 9:47pm

You can order it through PBS only as of now, and part of the pledge only. $100 through any of the PBS's that showed it!

CATSNYrevival
#8A Tale Of Two Cities Concert DVD
Posted: 1/8/10 at 10:22pm

Not anymore. At least not here. It was only available on my local pbs website for a few days after the broadcast.

Mattbrain
#9A Tale Of Two Cities Concert DVD
Posted: 1/8/10 at 10:50pm

I know Jill's hard at work on the CD, God bless her, but I really do wish we'd get a release date for that AND the DVD.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

CATSNYrevival
#10A Tale Of Two Cities Concert DVD
Posted: 1/8/10 at 11:07pm

Or an itunes release date? I want the bonus tracks too!

philly03 Profile Photo
philly03
#11A Tale Of Two Cities Concert DVD
Posted: 1/8/10 at 11:14pm

...if the bonus tracks are anything more than "Never Say Goodbye," which is listed as the bonus track already.

Didn't she say 6-10 weeks right after the first release/ordering date which would have been 11/26!

Mattbrain
#12A Tale Of Two Cities Concert DVD
Posted: 1/8/10 at 11:21pm

Well I PM'ed her a while back and this is what she said:

re; additional tracks - i'm not entirely sure yet, but probably the opening of the show, short overturish Out of Sight instrumental and the Prologue Dr. Manette sang (briefly in previews that was cut by the time we got to opening night) and the little ditty sea shanty Dover and Gabelle's Letter and I Always Knew. Though we'll need to go back into the studio and finish mixing that stuff separately at a later date - so i really have no idea when that would happen.

I'm personally glad that Never Say Goodbye is gonna be a bonus track because I just think Without A Word is a better song (plus Jill actually wrote that one).

philly03 Profile Photo
philly03
#13A Tale Of Two Cities Concert DVD
Posted: 1/8/10 at 11:25pm

I like "Without a Word," but when I think about it, it's kind of awkwardly put in the show wherever they put it. It works in some aspects, but not others. (Why does she sing this in the middle of the second act? I always thought she would've sang it leaving FOR France).

I really like Never Say Goodbye, but assuming Without a Word has that GREAT ending note Brandi somehow did on Broadway, I'd rather have that too!

CATSNYrevival
#14A Tale Of Two Cities Concert DVD
Posted: 1/9/10 at 12:05am

Also, didn't Frank write a show called Never Say Goodbye? And now it's a song in a concert of a show that he didn't even write? It's confusing as hell. It's a good song, but I don't think it belongs in A Tale of Two Cities.

philly03 Profile Photo
philly03
#15A Tale Of Two Cities Concert DVD
Posted: 1/9/10 at 12:14am

Apparently it was one of the songs he wrote when he was constructing a version of the show a long time ago? Don't think anything ever came of that project.

Haha, I know when I first heard of Frank's song "Never Say Goodbye" over the summer I thought of the Japanese All-women Revue show, but it is not a part of that at all!

rockfenris2005
#16A Tale Of Two Cities Concert DVD
Posted: 1/9/10 at 5:17am

Why would Frank have written a new song for Jill Santoriello's "Tale of Two Cities"? That's what I don't understand? Even if he did work on a version years ago, and that's the first I've heard that story, why would he suddenly get involved with this? And I wasn't surprised when I heard "Never Say Goodbye" was completely different to the version from the show of the same name. Remember the title "I Was Born To Love You" appears in both "Dracula" and "Rudolf" and Jack Murphy has a habit of using the word "Man..." or "Woman..." in his titles (Count how many times the word "Woman" appears in the songlist for "Carmen". Yeah, you can tell I'm not Jack's biggest fan... Go Nan!)

Who can explain it, who can tell you why? Fools give you reasons, wise men never try -South Pacific
Updated On: 1/9/10 at 05:17 AM

CATSNYrevival
#17A Tale Of Two Cities Concert DVD
Posted: 1/9/10 at 6:36am

He wrote it for Brandi Burkhardt to sing specifically for the concert. If there's a reason beyond that I'm unaware of it. I'm still not sure myself why she needed a Frank Wildhorn song to sing in a non Wildhorn musical.

philly03 Profile Photo
philly03
#18A Tale Of Two Cities Concert DVD
Posted: 1/9/10 at 1:14pm

rockfenris2005, I'm not a big fan of Jack's lyrics either. Most of the time they don't even sound good like some other bad lyricists!

All I know is that Frank wrote the song for Brandi specifically for the concert. Remember, Frank and Brandi were still engaged during Tale's Broadway run (or atleast the beginning of it), so I would assume this is how he and Jill became friends. For all we know, he could have said "if "Without a Word" doesn't fit, I have a song you could fit in there" and sent her the music or whatever. Or Jill could have asked, or Brandi/James Barbour could've suggested it!

bwaybabe2
#19A Tale Of Two Cities Concert DVD
Posted: 1/9/10 at 6:00pm

Right to all of those comments, philly03. Regardless, it is a beautiful addition to the music for Tale, even if only for this concert...

philly03 Profile Photo
philly03
#20A Tale Of Two Cities Concert DVD
Posted: 1/19/10 at 3:06pm

Just got my DVD in the mail!

Bonus features are Brandi Burkhardt performing "Without a Word" (literally, same staging as "Never Say Goodbye," but that one is more of a melancholy song and WaW is more angry). Also, the interview with Dickens' relative!

No CD though still!

Videos