LEND ME A TENOR rush

MiracleElixir Profile Photo
MiracleElixir
#25LEND ME A TENOR rush
Posted: 4/13/10 at 4:25pm

Anyone done/tried this since the reviews broke? Want to attempt it this weekend, and wondering what it's been like...

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#26LEND ME A TENOR rush
Posted: 4/13/10 at 7:16pm

Yes, I'm planning on this weekend too. Anyone?

~Steven

AbbyNormal13 Profile Photo
AbbyNormal13
#27LEND ME A TENOR rush
Posted: 4/13/10 at 7:45pm

I went last Saturday for the matinee and got there around 9 and there were 6 people ahead of me, and by the time the box office opened, there were about about 20 people in line total.

Luckydave14
#28LEND ME A TENOR rush
Posted: 4/14/10 at 2:02am

My friend rushed this morning. Got there at 11:05am and got Orch A 5-7.

Yero my Hero Profile Photo
Yero my Hero
#29LEND ME A TENOR rush
Posted: 4/14/10 at 9:09am

Abby, I was one of those people in line behind you last Saturday. I got there at 9:30. Got tickets to the evening performance easily.

Nothing matters but knowing nothing matters. ~ Wicked
Everything in life is only for now. ~ Avenue Q
There is no future, there is no past. I live this moment as my last. ~ Rent

"He's a tramp, but I love him."

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#30LEND ME A TENOR rush
Posted: 4/14/10 at 10:25am

I guess I'll plan on being there around 9 then. Thank goodness for two-show days.

~Steven

yay_gerb Profile Photo
yay_gerb
#31LEND ME A TENOR rush
Posted: 4/18/10 at 12:12am

do people start lining up early on sundays? i'm rushing tomorrow and i'm not sure how early i should leave my house.

also how is the view from the rush seats?(most people have been getting the first few rows on the side) any help is much appreciated :]

BROADWAY IMPACT!
TAKE ACTION! EQUALITY!
http://www.broadwayimpact.com/

taylorPHENOMENON2 Profile Photo
taylorPHENOMENON2
#32LEND ME A TENOR rush
Posted: 4/18/10 at 12:14am

I sat in the front row right side the first seat off the aisle and it was fine. The people 3 and 4 seats in moved though because they couldn't see.

And I think getting there an hour before box office opens (11 tomorrow) is fine.

yay_gerb Profile Photo
yay_gerb
#33LEND ME A TENOR rush
Posted: 4/18/10 at 12:20am

thank ya darlin :]

BROADWAY IMPACT!
TAKE ACTION! EQUALITY!

Luckydave14
#34LEND ME A TENOR rush
Posted: 4/18/10 at 12:27am

I sat in the 4th seat in on the left side front row and I think the seat is totally fine. There was only maybe a few seconds where I couldn't see something. It's not the most ideal view since the show uses the whole stage and is usually on either the far left or far right, but you can still see pretty much everything.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#35LEND ME A TENOR rush
Posted: 4/18/10 at 12:27am

People are lining up now? The last time I did rush for this show I just went to the box office around 11:30 and got seats in the second row. Is the rush getting more popular now?

yay_gerb Profile Photo
yay_gerb
#36LEND ME A TENOR rush
Posted: 4/18/10 at 12:36am

i wasn't really implying that people were def. lining up. i just figured there would be a line. but if it's as simple as you say it is adamgreer i wouldn't mind that at all! when was the last time you rushed LMAT?

BROADWAY IMPACT!
TAKE ACTION! EQUALITY!

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#37LEND ME A TENOR rush
Posted: 4/18/10 at 12:42am

It was in like the 2nd week of previews. I was wondering if the mostly positive reviews have increased its popularity.

yay_gerb Profile Photo
yay_gerb
#38LEND ME A TENOR rush
Posted: 4/18/10 at 12:47am

i'm hoping not but i'm thinking so. i'll report back tomorrow after i get the tix.

BROADWAY IMPACT!
TAKE ACTION! EQUALITY!

nyel24
#39LEND ME A TENOR rush
Posted: 4/18/10 at 12:59am

I rushed on Thursday and was able to get the front row tickets on the left side (last two seats on the left). the seats are fine except my wife was getting fearful of having the actors saliva on her. We moved during intermission to better seats. For $26.00 it's a great deal.

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#40LEND ME A TENOR rush
Posted: 4/18/10 at 1:19am

I was fourth in line this morning and got the first pair for the evening show. They were located in the rear mezzanine, second to last row. I thought the view was perfect from up there. Full view and it's a small theatre so it still seemed very close.

By the way, I don't think I've ever laughed harder at any show. I don't know what show Charles Isherwood was watching.

~Steven

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#41LEND ME A TENOR rush
Posted: 4/18/10 at 5:01pm

Was the theater crowded, MrMusic?

DRSisLove Profile Photo
DRSisLove
#42LEND ME A TENOR rush
Posted: 4/18/10 at 5:03pm

My friend got to the line this morning around 11:45 and said that the people in front of her got the last rush seats available. Guess the show is selling very well.

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#43LEND ME A TENOR rush
Posted: 4/18/10 at 6:41pm

Yes, it looked like a sold out house, at least the mezzanine was fully sold. The audience was absolutely roaring with laughter.

~Steven

yay_gerb Profile Photo
yay_gerb
#44LEND ME A TENOR rush
Posted: 4/18/10 at 8:18pm

HeyMrMusic were you the guy in the blue jacket? i was third in line in front of you(mets hat). glad you enjoyed the show.

i got there a little after 10:30 (BO opened at 12)and there were 2 people in line, and the only reason they had been there was because they thought the box office opened at 10. i got mezz K 22+24. i heard they stopped selling the rush tickets but that's weird considering that aside from 4 people my row and the row behind mine were empty so i moved closer to the aisle. still great seats for $26. loved every minute of the show btw.

BROADWAY IMPACT!
TAKE ACTION! EQUALITY!

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#45LEND ME A TENOR rush
Posted: 4/18/10 at 9:30pm

Sorry for the confusion, gerb, I was there yesterday. :)

~Steven

Disneywed Profile Photo
Disneywed
#46LEND ME A TENOR rush
Posted: 4/18/10 at 11:07pm

Hey Mr Music....sounds like you were right behind me...seats were great. what a wonderful show!!!

TonyVincent Profile Photo
TonyVincent
#47LEND ME A TENOR rush
Posted: 5/5/10 at 5:53pm

Has rush still been selling out when the BO opens? Was thinking of trying during the week next week. Thanks.

iflip4musicals Profile Photo
iflip4musicals
#48LEND ME A TENOR rush
Posted: 6/7/10 at 5:32pm

Bump. Anyone do this recently? Any clue what time I should get there on Wednesday? Thanks!

"I've never encountered such religiously, you know, loyal fans as Broadway musical theater fans. It's amazing." --Allison Janney

Geridith Profile Photo
Geridith
#49LEND ME A TENOR rush
Posted: 6/8/10 at 1:07am

A friend and I did it on a weekday last week, we were first in line till about 9:45ish. Half hour before BO opens is prob fine.