pixeltracker

Who's seeing the first preview of La Cage tonight?/Reviews- Page 2

Who's seeing the first preview of La Cage tonight?/Reviews

MiracleElixir Profile Photo
MiracleElixir
#25Who's seeing the first preview of La Cage tonight?/Reviews
Posted: 4/7/10 at 12:05am

Please. It's not all about you. I would've said that to anyone who was inane enough to post a friend's text message as if it was a revelation. You just wanted to be the first to report, even though you didn't see the show. Nothing to do with you. I'll happily praise you when you say something of value that contributes to the conversation.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#26Who's seeing the first preview of La Cage tonight?/Reviews
Posted: 4/7/10 at 12:07am

I find it amusing that La Cage Aux Folles seems to elicit the BITCHIEST postings of any show in years.

And that goes for our poor, unfortunate, deluded and taste-free friends on the other side of the Atlantic.

Blockhead24 Profile Photo
Blockhead24
#27Who's seeing the first preview of La Cage tonight?/Reviews
Posted: 4/7/10 at 12:07am

Was there tonight. Loved it. Douglas Hodge was pretty great.

matty159 Profile Photo
matty159
#28Who's seeing the first preview of La Cage tonight?/Reviews
Posted: 4/7/10 at 12:08am

More in the morning, but it was pretty amazing and the audience ate it right up. I could go again tomorrow. I feel like I am riding the best of theater highs.

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#29Who's seeing the first preview of La Cage tonight?/Reviews
Posted: 4/7/10 at 12:08am

Hodge was perfection. I completely agree with YankeeFan on this one. Glad we're on the same page. I hope Douglas takes home the Tony Award.

Outstanding show tonight. It deserves to run a long time and be a huge hit.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#30Who's seeing the first preview of La Cage tonight?/Reviews
Posted: 4/7/10 at 12:12am

Wow! A first-preview rave from WAT! That's rare...

Okay 2 tough questions:L How is Kelsey...and how is Nick?

taylorPHENOMENON2 Profile Photo
taylorPHENOMENON2
#31Who's seeing the first preview of La Cage tonight?/Reviews
Posted: 4/7/10 at 12:17am

Oh you're right Taylor! Broadwayforbrokepeople.com has it wrong. I only checked there. Oh well, thanks for correcting me on that! I would hate to have people think it started tonight. Don't you hate it when people say one thing and something else is actually true? Oh, it's the worst.

You're sweet Jaxson, but as we've discussed you're gonna have to try a lot harder to be the bitchiest jerk on bww. Keep at it.

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#32Who's seeing the first preview of La Cage tonight?/Reviews
Posted: 4/7/10 at 12:19am

You just wanted to be the first to report, even though you didn't see the show. Nothing to do with you.

Soo...now you're telling me WHY I posted it? I posted it because my friend texted me and I thought people would be curious. I wasn't sitting at my computer waiting to post it so I could be the first person to let everyone on BWW know how the show was. I do have a life outside of this website...

And obviously it does have to do with me if you're going to call me "inane" for posting that my friend said the show is fantastic. You're the only person who seems to think it's "inane."

Anyway, I'm hoping to see this next week. Glad to hear it's as great as everyone hoped it would be!
Updated On: 4/7/10 at 12:19 AM

WithoutATrace
#33Who's seeing the first preview of La Cage tonight?/Reviews
Posted: 4/7/10 at 12:21am

Yes, a first preview rave from me. I really loved it (I think I just really love this show...wonderful score and some great moments in the book scenes).

Kelsey was fine. He can't really sing and his book scenes could use some work, but the audience ate him up. He will grow into the role and be even better I'm sure. I enjoyed Daniel Davis' take more on the role though (if we're comparing).

Nick Adams and the rest of the cagelles were excellent. They each had some nice showcases and all moved well (the choreography was great). The title number was a particularly great showcase for the cagelles, executed perfectly.

Also need to give a shout out to Christine Andreas and Veanne Cox, who made their smallish roles noticeable. I love them both!

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#34Who's seeing the first preview of La Cage tonight?/Reviews
Posted: 4/7/10 at 12:21am

Girls, girls, girls--stop pulling each other's hair and let's give this thread over to the posters who saw the first preview.

actionjaxson91 Profile Photo
actionjaxson91
#35Who's seeing the first preview of La Cage tonight?/Reviews
Posted: 4/7/10 at 12:22am

Ah, my dear, we never discussed that in particular, we just discussed the fact that we enjoy having little tifts on the board. And if anyone knows about being a natural bitch, and not in the "cool" way, it's you my love.

WhizzerMarvin Profile Photo
WhizzerMarvin
#36Who's seeing the first preview of La Cage tonight?/Reviews
Posted: 4/7/10 at 12:24am

It was a thrilling first preview tonight! I really loved it, and was easily one of my favorite experiences of the season. Hodge is perfection and will give Sahr a run for his money.

Kelsey gave a good performance and the supporting cast was absolutely magical. I hope this turns into a big, big hit.

Marie: Don't be in such a hurry about that pretty little chippy in Frisco. Tony: Eh, she's a no chip!

taylorPHENOMENON2 Profile Photo
taylorPHENOMENON2
#37Who's seeing the first preview of La Cage tonight?/Reviews
Posted: 4/7/10 at 12:26am

Ah, my dear, we never discussed that in particular, we just discussed the fact that we enjoy having little tifts on the board. And if anyone knows about being a natural bitch, and not in the "cool" way, it's you my love.

Okay princess well I will hope to avoid you so no further discussions can occur.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#38Who's seeing the first preview of La Cage tonight?/Reviews
Posted: 4/7/10 at 12:29am

Is "The Best of Times Is Now" as moving as it ought to be?

It elicited tears and joy in the original, and was also well done in the Broadway revival.

WithoutATrace
#39Who's seeing the first preview of La Cage tonight?/Reviews
Posted: 4/7/10 at 12:32am

Yes, it is very moving and truly wonderful. I'm still singing it! So glad a Jerry Herman score is back on Broadway!!!

phantom39 Profile Photo
phantom39
#40Who's seeing the first preview of La Cage tonight?/Reviews
Posted: 4/7/10 at 12:35am

Anybody got the rush seats tonight?

"Movies will make you famous; television will make you rich; but theatre will make you good." - Terrence Mann.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#41Who's seeing the first preview of La Cage tonight?/Reviews
Posted: 4/7/10 at 12:36am

Uh-oh. Complete opposite over here.
http://talkinbroadway.com/allthatchat/d.php?id=1841166

I am REALLY looking forward to seeing this show later this week. It'll be my first exposure to the show!

phantom39 Profile Photo
phantom39
#42Who's seeing the first preview of La Cage tonight?/Reviews
Posted: 4/7/10 at 12:40am

Oh, and did they have any merch yet?

"Movies will make you famous; television will make you rich; but theatre will make you good." - Terrence Mann.

MiracleElixir Profile Photo
MiracleElixir
#43Who's seeing the first preview of La Cage tonight?/Reviews
Posted: 4/7/10 at 12:46am

"Soo...now you're telling me WHY I posted it? I posted it because my friend texted me and I thought people would be curious"

You're right. Like me, I think MOST people on here were curious what WiCkEDrOcKS' random, unnamed friend thought about the show via a text message.

Blockhead24 Profile Photo
Blockhead24
#44Who's seeing the first preview of La Cage tonight?/Reviews
Posted: 4/7/10 at 12:50am

"Oh, and did they have any merch yet?"

I don't think so

WithoutATrace
#45Who's seeing the first preview of La Cage tonight?/Reviews
Posted: 4/7/10 at 12:51am

No merch, unfortunately...

aspiringactress Profile Photo
aspiringactress
#46Who's seeing the first preview of La Cage tonight?/Reviews
Posted: 4/7/10 at 12:52am

As someone who checked this thread for posts at intermission, I appreciated rocks' update, even if it was from a random, unnamed friend.

Anyway, I am quite excited about this.

"We don't value the lily less for not being made of flint and built to last. Life's bounty is in it's flow, later is too late. Where is the song when it's been sung, the dance when it's been danced? It's only we humans who want to own the future too." - Tom Stoppard, Shipwreck

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#47Who's seeing the first preview of La Cage tonight?/Reviews
Posted: 4/7/10 at 12:52am

Nevermind.

Not worth it. Updated On: 4/7/10 at 12:52 AM

WhizzerMarvin Profile Photo
WhizzerMarvin
#48Who's seeing the first preview of La Cage tonight?/Reviews
Posted: 4/7/10 at 12:59am

The Best of Times was awesome! Hodge made the first verse so touching and then as everyone joined in I realized I had a huge grin on my face.

I could not disagree with that ATC post more. It was one of the most well rehearsed first previews of a musical I've seen. I feel like they could open in three days to the rave reviews they certainly deserve.

Marie: Don't be in such a hurry about that pretty little chippy in Frisco. Tony: Eh, she's a no chip!

Mildred Plotka Profile Photo
Mildred Plotka
#49Who's seeing the first preview of La Cage tonight?/Reviews
Posted: 4/7/10 at 1:04am

Why are people gunning for this show? Kelsey?

"Broadway...I'll lick you yet!"