pixeltracker

If you could choose ONE production and/or performance to get a Tony nod, what would it be?- Page 2

If you could choose ONE production and/or performance to get a Tony nod, what would it be?

WayTooBroadway Profile Photo
WayTooBroadway
#25If you could choose ONE production and/or performance to get a Tony nod, wh
Posted: 5/2/10 at 11:18pm

Featured Actress for Jan Maxwell in LEND ME A TENOR.

Heck, a Play Revival nod for LEND ME A TENOR!

"When the audience comes in, it changes the temperature of what you've written." -Stephen Sondheim

chewy5000 Profile Photo
chewy5000
#26If you could choose ONE production and/or performance to get a Tony nod, wh
Posted: 5/3/10 at 2:18am

Douglas Hodge - Best Actress

bschneid76 Profile Photo
bschneid76
#27If you could choose ONE production and/or performance to get a Tony nod, wh
Posted: 5/3/10 at 7:09am

Barbara Cook in Sondheim on Sondheim

and

Sherie Renee Scott in Everyday Rapture

"Love the Art in Yourself. Not Yourself in the Art." -- Stanislavski

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#28If you could choose ONE production and/or performance to get a Tony nod, wh
Posted: 5/3/10 at 7:20am

Ragtime - and let's not forget the work of Marcia Milgrom Dodge on this production.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#29If you could choose ONE production and/or performance to get a Tony nod, wh
Posted: 5/3/10 at 7:36am

Eddie Redmayne in RED. He's awesome, and it might be the only production I've actually seen in its entirety. If you could choose ONE production and/or performance to get a Tony nod, wh

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#30If you could choose ONE production and/or performance to get a Tony nod, wh
Posted: 5/3/10 at 8:47am

Kate Baldwin for Finian's Rainbow. Hands down.

Stage Door Sally Profile Photo
Stage Door Sally
#31If you could choose ONE production and/or performance to get a Tony nod, wh
Posted: 5/3/10 at 9:01am

A View From The Bridge for Best Revival.

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#32If you could choose ONE production and/or performance to get a Tony nod, wh
Posted: 5/3/10 at 9:08am

Jessica Hecht--A View From the Bridge

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

TalkinLoud Profile Photo
TalkinLoud
#33If you could choose ONE production and/or performance to get a Tony nod, wh
Posted: 5/3/10 at 9:34am

Scarlett Johansson in A VIEW FROM THE BRIDGE.

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#34If you could choose ONE production and/or performance to get a Tony nod, wh
Posted: 5/3/10 at 11:22am

Christopher Fitzgerald, Finian's Rainbow

I'd love to see Finian's Rainbow to be nominated across the board. Lovely acting all around, charming direction and choreography... come on nominating committee, do the right thing!

And Christiane Noll for Ragtime.

Also, this: Sherie Rene Scott in "My Solo Show is Better Than the Entire Broadway Season".

Amen to that!

Okay, so that's definitely more than just ONE. Whoops. (Angela in Night Music too! Dammit, over the limit again...)

~Steven

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#35If you could choose ONE production and/or performance to get a Tony nod, wh
Posted: 5/3/10 at 11:35am

I'm going to agree with Adamgreer and Ljay by saying Angela Lansbury in A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC. The single best performance of the entire season, in my opinion.

into_the_woods2 Profile Photo
into_the_woods2
#36If you could choose ONE production and/or performance to get a Tony nod, wh
Posted: 5/3/10 at 11:47am

Leigh Ann Larkin for A Little Night Music.

Not because she was better than Angela Lansbury, by any means, but because she really took that part and made it something captivating, funny, and intelligent. I thought she was incredible.

"The good news is I have an excellent Tony speech. The bad news is I've had it for forty-five years."-Elaine Stritch

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#37If you could choose ONE production and/or performance to get a Tony nod, wh
Posted: 5/3/10 at 12:20pm

Sorry, I thought she was terribly miscast and in a completely different show than everyone else onstage. Vulgar, and not in the right way. She does get a big ovation for her song though, but I thought it was the wrong wrong wrong interpretation and presentation of that song.

Actually, I almost felt the same way about her performance in Gypsy. What is with her odd takes on these roles?

~Steven

WhizzerMarvin Profile Photo
WhizzerMarvin
#38If you could choose ONE production and/or performance to get a Tony nod, wh
Posted: 5/3/10 at 1:39pm

For me it's Angela Lansbury in Night Music and Jan Maxwell for the double noms in The Royal Family and Lend Me a Tenor.

Marie: Don't be in such a hurry about that pretty little chippy in Frisco. Tony: Eh, she's a no chip!