pixeltracker

stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs. at 10 pm- Page 4

stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs. at 10 pm

Reginald Tresilian Profile Photo
Reginald Tresilian
#75stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs at 10 pm
Posted: 6/7/10 at 8:13pm

Agreed, Glinda.

Now she needs to say, without implied air quotes, "I was angry and used an offensive and insensitive word. I apologize." Or words to that effect.

What's so hard about that?

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#76stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs at 10 pm
Posted: 6/7/10 at 8:19pm

stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs  at 10 pm

Omg, I forgot all about Justin Caster!

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#77stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs at 10 pm
Posted: 6/7/10 at 8:22pm

Oh that's right. There's also Peanut Butter M&Ms.

How about...CARAMEL M&Ms? Would that work?

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

Reginald Tresilian Profile Photo
Reginald Tresilian
#78stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs at 10 pm
Posted: 6/7/10 at 8:28pm

Thank God I would never say that someone who carries on about candy in the middle of a conversation that some people care about is a douche.

Because I never would.

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#79stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs at 10 pm
Posted: 6/7/10 at 8:39pm

If she would only sincerely apologize this would all stop. "YIKES! Forgive my offense" doesn't quite cut it it reads sarcastic.

p.s. I believe she made up the part that they called royalty C*nts as a sign of respect. I think it was more the line is more,"Jesus Christ the Queen is such a c*nt today!"

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!
Updated On: 6/7/10 at 08:39 PM

musicnerd234 Profile Photo
musicnerd234
#80stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs at 10 pm
Posted: 6/7/10 at 8:43pm

My thoughts exactly Snafu.

I thought it was all a flash in the pan. It wasn't until Broadway came along that I felt I had really made it. -Julie Andrews

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#81stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs at 10 pm
Posted: 6/7/10 at 8:49pm

Her most recent update totally undercuts any apology that she may have intended, anyway.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Calvin Profile Photo
Calvin
#82stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs at 10 pm
Posted: 6/7/10 at 9:05pm

If Alice was homophobic, she wouldn't be doing theatre.

Caster works, but I was gonna say Dean Jones. At least he's actually appeared on Broadway.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#83stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs at 10 pm
Posted: 6/7/10 at 9:12pm

I also find it curious she mentioned how many gay men she kissed before they were gay. First, they were gay, they just weren't out. Second, how does that apologize for purposely using such hurtful language? Because she's a straight woman with gay friends? I bet I'm not the only gay man who has had a straight female friend turn on him because he doesn't return her affection. It can get VERY hateful and VERY nasty. I don't believe all straight women act that way, but being a straight woman with gay friends isn't an inoculation for homophobic behavior nor does it exempt you from an apology when you know you've said or done something offensive.

But I guess Alice wants to be known as a bigger douchebag than the person about which she was discussing. Notice I did say "douchebag". Why else would she be acting like she's somehow so far above the people who are offended, yet continuing to behave so childish? I'm equally mystified by those her think her behavior is okay and/or justified.

YIKES! Forgive my offense is like making a "W" with your thumbs and index fingers.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#84stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs at 10 pm
Posted: 6/7/10 at 9:23pm

Is it possible she has a tween writing her Facebook updates? I keep forgetting this is about a middle-aged woman. Notice I did not say Lady!

lakezurich Profile Photo
lakezurich
#85stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs at 10 pm
Posted: 6/7/10 at 10:02pm

Ok, which FB profile is really hers, cause I have to get in on this action!

Rant, Wickud, Rant, Wickud, Rant! We're not gonna pay Rant! 'Cause everythink is Wickud!

"Leave Walt Disney Theatricals new sparkling production of The Little Mermaid on Broadway alone!!!"

lakezurich will be played by Paul Groves in the BWW musical

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#86stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs at 10 pm
Posted: 6/7/10 at 10:50pm

Do you guys honestly think your behavior is any better than hers? If you're trying to be the bigger person, you're not succeeding. If you're trying to look more ridiculous than the person you're criticizing, mission accomplished.

Gabster
#87stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs at 10 pm
Posted: 6/7/10 at 11:13pm

Thank you Elphaba3! I've been watching this thread and just being amazed at how some people are overreacting. I get that it's offensive, and can hurt people. I also get that she didn't mean it in "that" way. And she apologized - in her own "crazy" Alice way. If she were so homophobic then she wouldn't get along with not only many other people she's worked with but the people in n2n now (I don't feel a need to name names lol..) and judging by interactions in Kyle Dean's video blogs and at the stage door they DO get along. Trying to put together a protest about this is just stupid, and ridiculous. Message her on facebook or calmly approach her at the stage door one night about it - don't try to start a rally.

grandpianoalex
#88stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs at 10 pm
Posted: 6/7/10 at 11:20pm

^^Agreed. It has been amusing to watch people get bent out of shape over this, but its just getting old now.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#89stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs at 10 pm
Posted: 6/7/10 at 11:48pm

The only ones who are getting bent out of shape are her defenders.

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#90stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs at 10 pm
Posted: 6/7/10 at 11:59pm

I don't buy the: "she said she was sorry in her crazy Alice way" either. It is a mask, a way for her followers to pardon her offense. "Oh, Alice you crazy artsy person you."

Mel Gibson was being "old silly tipsy Mel!", does that excuse his behavior? No and her erratic (endearing to her fans) "crazy behavior" doesn't either.

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

chellie
#91stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs at 10 pm
Posted: 6/8/10 at 12:14am

I just have to put this out there: love the show. Liked her performance, didn't love it. And though I would never go near the Booth's stage door with a ten foot pole as long as Next to Normal is playing there, for a pointless rally or otherwise, I do feel that she was absolutely wrong.

This should be simple. The use of that word is hurtful. It was brought to her attention. How is it that difficult to make a mature apology for something that she did that was clearly wrong? Grown women are not supposed to act like this. She might think she's being quirky and aloof, but she's just being really immature.

I also love how someone posts this thread on her page and her socially awkward teens act like they're going to come to her rescue. And some of the arguments they use are just plain stupidity (this is directed toward you, Gabster). So WHAT if she works with gay actors? That makes it okay? I work with black people, some of whom are my good friends. Can I use the word n****r as long as I don't "mean it that way"? No, I can't, and under no circumstances should anyone. It's an offensive term and shouldn't be used.

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#92stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs at 10 pm
Posted: 6/8/10 at 12:37am

The only ones who are getting bent out of shape are her defenders.

You've got to be kidding me.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#93stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs at 10 pm
Posted: 6/8/10 at 12:45am

I think that's a fair statement. Those who were offended by what she said haven't really done anything but wonder why she refuses to actually apologize for a slur she used that hurt an entire group of people.

Her "tribe" are the ones justifying it by saying
"That's our Alice for ya! LOVE you in the show! So glad you said hi to me at the stage door! When you sang about the mountains, I went online and booked a trip to the mountains so i can come home and say I miss them, too. I write in bubble letters just like you now even though my teachers say I can't go to college doing that! LOLZ Tell Natalie I love her too even though I love you more! ROTFLMAO Just kidding you're both great but you're the best, Alice! So glad to be one of your children. Remember giving birth to me?! LOL Totes kidding unless you do. Keep rocking it, Alice and remember that you never actually said FAG so those queers should shut the Fvck up before someone curbs their gay asses like the faggot pieces of shlt they are (like my dad says) LOLZ
And remember piece and love to everyone!
XOXOXOXO

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
Craww
#95stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs at 10 pm
Posted: 6/8/10 at 12:51am

She seems to believe that casting herself as the lovable kook excuses any truly bad behavior. That some of her fans are buying it doesn't surprise me at all.

It's obvious to anyone with a brain that she should just make a mature apology. But she's under the misapprehension that admitting to the mistake is admitting to being a bigot. Privilege has a bad habit of making people conflate the two. Then things get more awful because they get defensive.

"I've been kissing gay men since before you were born" sounds like something my mom would say. After saying something homophobic and before saying something bitter. I know my mom isn't homophobic, deep down, but that doesn't stop her from saying stupid **** like that.

tourboi
#96stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs at 10 pm
Posted: 6/8/10 at 12:55am

I'm with Wickedrocks. I'll be there with popcorn and a soda to watch the demonstrators take their stance. All 3 of them.

C'mon. Really? Haha.

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#97stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs at 10 pm
Posted: 6/8/10 at 1:14am

People on both sides are getting bent out of shape.

chellie
#98stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs at 10 pm
Posted: 6/8/10 at 1:32am

People on both sides are getting bent out of shape.

Because it's something to get bent out of shape over.

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#99stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs at 10 pm
Posted: 6/8/10 at 1:45am

She made an apology. Maybe those people who didn't find her apology acceptable should re-think why they are getting angry.

Because you are getting angry over the fact that YOU don't think her apology was good enough FOR YOU.

Tough.

She's not responsible for the way it makes you feel.

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2