pixeltracker

Hunter Foster creates "Give the Tonys back to BROADWAY" campaign- Page 22

Hunter Foster creates "Give the Tonys back to BROADWAY" campaign

NeoNormal Profile Photo
NeoNormal
#525Hunter Foster Whines with other non Hollywood actors
Posted: 6/18/10 at 8:54pm

Did anybody see this on the FB group page?

"Baby-faced Hunter Foster, trying to portray Phillips as a swaggering Southern business honcho, suggests a precocious teenager playing Big Daddy in a high school production of Cat on a Hot Tin Roof"

It's funny how people are complaining about her performance, when they're not complaining about his.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#526Hunter Foster Whines with other non Hollywood actors
Posted: 6/18/10 at 8:55pm

I dunno- she landed Princess and the Frog. Not exactly something to SNEEZE at, considering she probably made more off of it than she made during all of Shrek. And will continue to be making money off of it.

Isn't it rich? Isn't it queer?
You want what I won.
Sorry, my dear.
Get rid of your frowns.
I'm sick of your frowns!

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

keithp Profile Photo
keithp
#527Hunter Foster Whines with other non Hollywood actors
Posted: 6/18/10 at 8:56pm

Yes but if she becomes a movie star and then goes back to Bway and wins a Tony, she can say that she started off doing Broadway shows. Rather like CZJ who appeared in several stage shows in the UK.
I was a Sieber fan but his comment is mean as well as ridiculous. I am not so much a fan anymore. Cody and Foster - the more they say, the more bitter they sound.

NeoNormal Profile Photo
NeoNormal
#528Hunter Foster Whines with other non Hollywood actors
Posted: 6/18/10 at 9:43pm

Imagine all the fun Hunter and Jen are going to have whenever they see a T-Mobile commercial.

pattibelle
#529Hunter Foster Whines with other non Hollywood actors
Posted: 6/18/10 at 9:46pm

Actually, according to her facebook posts, it appears she booked Princess and the Frog before Shrek, but it was released after. I don't know, I give Seiber more of a pass. His comment may have lacked some class, but he didn't have the arrogance to START A 'MOVEMENT' (like Hunter and Jen) because those stupid Tony producers don't see that they are the 'true' Broadway stars! The ones who get to decide who is in 'the Broadway Community.' And dammit, the people who should be walking down the red carpet!

NeoNormal Profile Photo
NeoNormal
#530Hunter Foster Whines with other non Hollywood actors
Posted: 6/18/10 at 9:51pm

Hunter who?
Jennifer who?

Oh, yeah, Catherine Zeta Jones.

I think that's the general consensus, that most people have never heard of these people.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#531Hunter Foster Whines with other non Hollywood actors
Posted: 6/18/10 at 9:59pm

I give Seiber more of a pass. His comment may have lacked some class, but he didn't have the arrogance to START A 'MOVEMENT'

I think what he said is worse. He flat out stated CZJ somehow "bought" the award and offered no proof to back it up. That statement could (and should) be considered libelous, unless he plans to offer some kind of proof.

Edna Turnblad Profile Photo
Edna Turnblad
#532Hunter Foster Whines with other non Hollywood actors
Posted: 6/18/10 at 10:21pm

I feel almost like crying. Really, I do, and I don't know why. I loved Kate Baldwin's performance on the recording of Finian's Rainbow. But then she goes and supports the group! I still enjoy the Great White Way Report, even if they did say to join, but still...I feel oddly betrayed. I feel odd saying it, but I am hurt.

Piper3500 Profile Photo
Piper3500
#533Hunter Foster Whines with other non Hollywood actors
Posted: 6/18/10 at 10:29pm

"Yes but if she becomes a movie star and then goes back to Bway and wins a Tony, she can say that she started off doing Broadway shows. Rather like CZJ who appeared in several stage shows in the UK.
I was a Sieber fan but his comment is mean as well as ridiculous. I am not so much a fan anymore. Cody and Foster - the more they say, the more bitter they sound."

- agree. many of them actually started by treading the boards in different cities or countries. before making it in Hollywood. They totally negate that though which bothers me too. didn't they also take a dim view of West Enders? There are Americans like John Barrowman who made it in the UK and not Broadway.

anyway, I hope this thread stays at the top of the front page for a while.

"it's a dirty little war"

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#534Hunter Foster Whines with other non Hollywood actors
Posted: 6/18/10 at 10:42pm

I find it funny that Frenchie Davis is a member of this group and wrote on the wall:

Frenchie Davis SOOOOOOO glad to see this page......

Seriously, Frenchie? You were on American freaking Idol! You're not some homebred Broadway girl.

Edna Turnblad Profile Photo
Edna Turnblad
#535Hunter Foster Whines with other non Hollywood actors
Posted: 6/18/10 at 10:44pm

I saw Frenchie, too. I was like "WTF?"

kidbroadway2
#536Hunter Foster Whines with other non Hollywood actors
Posted: 6/18/10 at 10:53pm

Keep in mind the broadway politics and social groups that they have. It's obviously in the B/C-list broadway actors to support Foster and Cody than to reject joining the group. bad business for them.

Piper3500 Profile Photo
Piper3500
#537Hunter Foster Whines with other non Hollywood actors
Posted: 6/18/10 at 11:06pm

as a guestimate how many broadway stars do you think have joined this "movement?"

"I think what he said is worse. He flat out stated CZJ somehow "bought" the award and offered no proof to back it up. That statement could (and should) be considered libelous, unless he plans to offer some kind of proof. "

i took it as his opinion that Michael Douglas bought it with his clout (as some thought of the Oscar win too) and she sleeps with him every night. it was clear sarcasm, that didn't work.

NeoNormal Profile Photo
NeoNormal
#538Hunter Foster Whines with other non Hollywood actors
Posted: 6/18/10 at 11:16pm

Stars? Hardly.

They're all out of work, Jenn Cody's last role was as a mouse in Shrek. I don't think that makes her a star. Frenchie Davis showed her titties and got booted on American Idol.

Call them stars if you want

perfectlymarvelous Profile Photo
perfectlymarvelous
#539Hunter Foster Whines with other non Hollywood actors
Posted: 6/18/10 at 11:20pm

adamgreer, I thought the same thing when I saw her post! Ridiculous.

I read through the newer comments today and some of the things people are saying are so mean-spirited and elitist, and they're failing to realize that if tourists and casual theatergoers didn't support Broadway shows, even if only the "mainstream" ones, there would be no Broadway at all.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#540Hunter Foster Whines with other non Hollywood actors
Posted: 6/18/10 at 11:24pm

Quite a few actual Broadway stars who are on that group joined early on before this got out of hand and I guarantee you at least two of them had no idea what was going on as of today. I suspect most joined just like the rest of us did because at the time it seemed like the good thing to do to support our community. We didn't know at the time what it would turn into which is why I'm guessing so many are there still.

Piper3500 Profile Photo
Piper3500
#541Hunter Foster Whines with other non Hollywood actors
Posted: 6/18/10 at 11:26pm

"Stars? Hardly.

They're all out of work, Jenn Cody's last role was as a mouse in Shrek. I don't think that makes her a star. Frenchie Davis showed her titties and got booted on American Idol.

Call them stars if you want"

i know that. i should have said as a guestimate how many of them are bonafied stars on that page?

Piper3500 Profile Photo
Piper3500
#542Hunter Foster Whines with other non Hollywood actors
Posted: 6/18/10 at 11:30pm

"Quite a few actual Broadway stars who are on that group joined early on before this got out of hand and I guarantee you at least two of them had no idea what was going on as of today. I suspect most joined just like the rest of us did because at the time it seemed like the good thing to do to support our community. We didn't know at the time what it would turn into which is why I'm guessing so many are there still. "
thanks

NeoNormal Profile Photo
NeoNormal
#543Hunter Foster Whines with other non Hollywood actors
Posted: 6/18/10 at 11:30pm

"i know that. i should have said as a guestimate how many of them are bonafied stars on that page?"

Maybe a few? I guess you could consider Kate Baldwin a star? I betcha more stars know about it than stars that have actually joined the group.

Updated On: 6/18/10 at 11:30 PM

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#544Hunter Foster Whines with other non Hollywood actors
Posted: 6/18/10 at 11:38pm

This is getting ridiculous. I posted on the page now:
You people are embarrassing yourselves. The actors especially. Why are all of you so BITTER? Give the TONYS back to Broadway is a nice thought & it's what we ALL want, but what EXACTLY you guys want will NEVER happen. All of the people who won their awards DESERVED it (not BOUGHT as Mr. Bitter Sieber accused of CZJ). How many hollywood celebs were there for no reason? Denzel, Viola, Scarlett, CZJ were all up for awards. Green Day are the source of American Idiot (Even if I didn't approve of their length of performance). Will Smith & Jay-Z are producers of FELA. You all want MORE musical performances? That means LESS awards on the telecast. The same goes for scenes from plays (Which rarely EVER work out of context). You people want it all & throw a fit when you don't get it. LOOK at the telecast realistically. The only thing on the telecast are awards & performances which barely fit in as it is and you want MORE.

NeoNormal Profile Photo
NeoNormal
Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#546Hunter Foster Whines with other non Hollywood actors
Posted: 6/18/10 at 11:45pm

I feel very conflicted. So here's my thought: this group was started by a bitter actor who just does not get it. While the Tony Awards are considered as prestigious as the Grammys/Oscars/Emmys, the reason they have such low ratings is because people are less involved. It might be a promotion thing, it may also be due to accessibility to theatre. Movies/television/music will always be out there, while theatre is only accessed on Broadway or on tour, which can be more expensive per person than taking a whole family to the movies. So, how to promote a bunch of theatre snobs, hard-working actors, and the occasional A-Lister? Add a bunch of celebs.

From an artistic standpoint, Paula Abdul, Green Day, and even Will Smith may seem silly, regardless of theatre involvement. But if someone is a star and is remotely involved, they may help with ratings. Another note: Will Smith or Kristin Chenoweth even would be a more "famous" host than Sean Hayes. He is not a ratings darling....

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#547Hunter Foster Whines with other non Hollywood actors
Posted: 6/18/10 at 11:47pm

^^^HEY, I'M MENTIONED IN SOMEONE'S SIGNATURE!!!! I FEEL SO SPECIAL :) :)

singtopher Profile Photo
singtopher
#548Hunter Foster Whines with other non Hollywood actors
Posted: 6/18/10 at 11:50pm

Has anyone called this thread racist yet?

"If this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn't help the poor, either we have to pretend that Jesus was just as selfish as we are, or we've got to acknowledge that He commanded us to love the poor and serve the needy without condition and then admit that we just don't want to do it." -Stephen Colbert

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#549Hunter Foster Whines with other non Hollywood actors
Posted: 6/18/10 at 11:52pm

Jordan, you are special :)

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

Latest Posts