9 to 5 Tour

jamiekennywicked Profile Photo
jamiekennywicked
#1009 to 5 Tour
Posted: 7/31/10 at 1:33pm

Will the screens still be used? It's hard for me to imagine the show without them for numbers such as 'One Of The Boys'?

''With the number of people I ignore, I'm lucky I work at all in this town'' - Helena Bonham Carter
Updated On: 7/31/10 at 01:33 PM

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#1019 to 5 Tour
Posted: 8/2/10 at 9:13pm

Patricia on her FB:

Haven't seen the sets yet. We cut always a woman and moved heart to hart [...] no song and no scene [for Hart]. We wanted a little shorter running time. And I bet you won't even miss it.

BroadwayBound17 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound17
#1029 to 5 Tour
Posted: 8/2/10 at 9:33pm

Oh my! I'm so excited. I loved the show on Broadway, however I think it still needed some tweaking. It has the potential to, definitely.

2011: In The Heights Tour 1/16/11, The Color Purple Tour 2/11/11, West Side Story Tour 3/18/11

BigRed
#1039 to 5 Tour
Posted: 8/2/10 at 11:08pm

Ashley Moniz said on her twitter that she is in the ensemble and a Judy u/s.

jamiekennywicked
#1049 to 5 Tour
Posted: 8/16/10 at 9:00am

Tour dates & main cast have been added to the official site and rehearsals begin in four days :)

''With the number of people I ignore, I'm lucky I work at all in this town'' - Helena Bonham Carter

jamiekennywicked
#1059 to 5 Tour
Posted: 8/22/10 at 8:59am

Looks like they are using the projections (or perhaps new ones) for the tour as Benjamin Pearcy is the designer. Paul Rubin is also the Aerial Effects Designer. Correct me if I'm wrong but there was no flying in the bway production?

aasjb4ever Profile Photo
aasjb4ever
#1069 to 5 Tour
Posted: 8/22/10 at 10:24am

Hart flew

jamiekennywicked
#1079 to 5 Tour
Posted: 8/22/10 at 10:57am

^ Thanks. Forgot about that actually

jamiekennywicked
#1089 to 5 Tour
Posted: 9/1/10 at 9:15am

First look at rehearsals with a peek at the show curtain 9 to 5 Tour
The video

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#1099 to 5 Tour
Posted: 9/1/10 at 11:11am

The curtain sucks.

emo_geek Profile Photo
emo_geek
#1109 to 5 Tour
Posted: 9/2/10 at 12:34am

Wait....so new director and choreographer? Is nothing going to be the same from the Broadway production except the score?

"I never had theatre producers run after me. Some people want to make more Broadway shows out of movies. But Elliot and I aren't going to do Batman: The Musical." - Julie Taymor 1999

PiraguaGuy2
#1119 to 5 Tour
Posted: 9/2/10 at 12:40am

To revive an old catchphrase, that curtain is a hot tranny mess.

Formerly SirNotAppearing - Joined 3/08

singtopher Profile Photo
singtopher
#1129 to 5 Tour
Posted: 9/2/10 at 12:55am

The video was a hot tranny mess. You could barely hear anyone talk, and the best they got for music was the we-just-learned-this version of the title song.

"If this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn't help the poor, either we have to pretend that Jesus was just as selfish as we are, or we've got to acknowledge that He commanded us to love the poor and serve the needy without condition and then admit that we just don't want to do it." -Stephen Colbert

massofmen
#1139 to 5 Tour
Posted: 9/2/10 at 9:05am

not just that but ummm maybe tune the piano before you start playing it. And where are they rehearsing, someones basement?

this looks like a thrown together tour just trying to make back an ounce of the millions they lost on broadway.

awesome..maybe they should just kill the tiered touring idea and let them go back to being Non-union if they are going to do things half-assed like this.

i mean come on, TUNE the PIANO!

backwoodsbarbie Profile Photo
backwoodsbarbie
#1149 to 5 Tour
Posted: 9/2/10 at 10:23am

The curtain is atrocious...it looks like a 4th grader made a poster board collage for a an American history project on the 1970s. And they sound terrible. If I wouldn't have known better, I would have thought this was a community theare production in East Bumf***, WV.

http://backstagebarbie.blogspot.com

Kalimba Profile Photo
Kalimba
#1159 to 5 Tour
Posted: 9/2/10 at 10:39am

That video was hideous. Sometimes they're better off not releasing these things. You want a hot tranny mess: Jeff Calhoun's 1994 revival of Grease.

backwoodsbarbie Profile Photo
backwoodsbarbie
#1169 to 5 Tour
Posted: 9/2/10 at 11:03am

I was a big supporter of 9 to 5 on Broadway but I also realized that it had a lot of problems. I truly hoped they would fix them and make a nice touring production but if they are going to turn it into more of a disaster (as it appears they are), they would've been better off turning the show into a permanent Dollywood attraction.

http://backstagebarbie.blogspot.com

Brick
#1179 to 5 Tour
Posted: 9/2/10 at 2:12pm

That curtain is amateurish in every sense. Wow, Calhoun. Wow.

BroadwayBen
#1189 to 5 Tour
Posted: 9/2/10 at 2:25pm

I think that curtain makes a lot more sense for the show than the stupid clock curtain on Broadway. That was a mess!

jamiekennywicked
#1199 to 5 Tour
Posted: 9/2/10 at 2:40pm

Shame the video didn't show more of the set.

aasjb4ever Profile Photo
aasjb4ever
#1209 to 5 Tour
Posted: 9/2/10 at 6:35pm

Why would they replace the clever curtain with some ****ty 4th grade collage?

(thank you, Barbie)

ABoyLikeThat
#1219 to 5 Tour
Posted: 9/2/10 at 7:34pm

They couldn't have taken video of them actually rehearsing? No one really wants to see video of the letter from Dolly from the first day.

I don't like the curtain but that's hardly an indication of what the production will be like. The cast is strong and the score is good. I think that will sell the show.

Interview with Diana in Nashville before rehearsals started

matty159 Profile Photo
matty159
#1229 to 5 Tour
Posted: 9/2/10 at 9:51pm

Broadway Ben, maybe I am mistaken, but I thought the Broadway "curtain" was all telephones and telephone cords. Or am I making that up?

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#1239 to 5 Tour
Posted: 9/2/10 at 10:00pm

Patricia Resnick said that that video was the first time the cast actually performed together before official rehearsals.

ErikInTheCity
#1249 to 5 Tour
Posted: 9/3/10 at 3:47am

I would have loved to have seen a curtain that was an actual clock. . .counting down to maybe 7 am, when the alarms at the top of the opening would be going off to "get up and work."

Also, it looks like that curtain is made up of sliding panels that APPEAR to open from stage right to stage left, all the way across the stage. Not splitting in the middle. There is also a proscenium that matches the curtain that remains for the entire show. . .you can see that in the drawings on the wall above the model.