pixeltracker

SONDHEIM ON SONDHEIM tracklist and samples....- Page 2

SONDHEIM ON SONDHEIM tracklist and samples....

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#25SONDHEIM ON SONDHEIM tracklist and samples....
Posted: 7/28/10 at 2:00pm

I didn't see the show, but are "Ah But Underneath", "In Buddy's Eyes", and the finale of act one the only things left off of the album? And was the finale of act one the montage of moments from 'Passion" that has been talked about a lot?

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone

heo1128
#26SONDHEIM ON SONDHEIM tracklist and samples....
Posted: 7/28/10 at 2:24pm

The act I finale is Sunday, from Sunday in the Park.

Cape Twirl of Doom Profile Photo
Cape Twirl of Doom
#27SONDHEIM ON SONDHEIM tracklist and samples....
Posted: 7/28/10 at 2:46pm

And was the finale of act one the montage of moments from 'Passion" that has been talked about a lot?

The Act One finale was a montage of A Weekend in the Country, Into the Woods and Sunday.

"It's Phantom meets Hamlet... Phamlet!"

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#28SONDHEIM ON SONDHEIM tracklist and samples....
Posted: 7/28/10 at 2:59pm

Thanks guys for the help on the Act One finale. Because everywhere its is listed in order written, as was the song list in the Playbill, if I heard correctly.

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#29SONDHEIM ON SONDHEIM tracklist and samples....
Posted: 7/28/10 at 3:04pm

but are "Ah But Underneath", "In Buddy's Eyes", and the finale of act one the only things left off of the album?

"Epiphany" and "Do I Hear a Waltz?" are also missing. Poor Erin Mackey lost her only solo.

lull89 Profile Photo
lull89
#30SONDHEIM ON SONDHEIM tracklist and samples....
Posted: 7/28/10 at 5:11pm

I also wonder if those little opening moments will be included in the "My Name is Stephen Joshua Sondheim. . ." track, because I'd love to have Barbra Cook singing SWEENEY preserved on disk SONDHEIM ON SONDHEIM tracklist and samples.....

AwesomeDanny
#31SONDHEIM ON SONDHEIM tracklist and samples....
Posted: 7/28/10 at 6:27pm

I would think that two discs is enough space to record at least a few more tracks, especially if some were added. I would much rather listen to that Act One finale than that arrangement of "You Could Drive a Person Crazy".

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#32SONDHEIM ON SONDHEIM tracklist and samples....
Posted: 8/9/10 at 10:06pm

The digital album is now available for pre-orders through iTunes with previews for all of the songs:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/sondheim-on-sondheim-sondheim/id385679632
Updated On: 8/9/10 at 10:06 PM

aliceripleystheshiz
#33SONDHEIM ON SONDHEIM tracklist and samples....
Posted: 8/10/10 at 11:54am

The iTunes previews are wonderful. Listened to every song, repeating over and over...

Im a little sad about there leaving out the opening number-mix. I remember Cook did "Broadway Baby" (seeing her sing that song was a highlight to me) and Williams sang "Hello Little Girl" with lyric changes to "Hello Little Boy".

Im also sad they didnt extend "Do I Hear a Waltz" and put it on the CD, Mackey sounded FLAWLESS in the theatre.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#34SONDHEIM ON SONDHEIM tracklist and samples....
Posted: 8/10/10 at 12:15pm

Thank God "Epiphany" isn't on there.

Mildred Plotka Profile Photo
Mildred Plotka
#35SONDHEIM ON SONDHEIM tracklist and samples....
Posted: 8/10/10 at 12:34pm

^
I'll drink to that!

Isn't it supposed to ship today?

"Broadway...I'll lick you yet!"

aliceripleystheshiz
#36SONDHEIM ON SONDHEIM tracklist and samples....
Posted: 8/10/10 at 5:57pm

For those who got it off psclassics.com it is shipping today! Exited...Im glad that at least we got a CD instead of not getting anything. But I am sad we dont get "Sunday", the opening, overture, "Underneath"...Im personally fine without "In Buddys Eyes" since there are 100,000,0000 recordings of her singing it. Dont give a crap about Wopat singing SWEENEY....

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#37SONDHEIM ON SONDHEIM tracklist and samples....
Posted: 8/13/10 at 11:07am

Mine just came! The design is awesome. Can't wait to listen.

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#38SONDHEIM ON SONDHEIM tracklist and samples....
Posted: 8/13/10 at 11:48am

Mine was mailed 2 days ago. I hope it comes today!!

....but the world goes 'round

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#39SONDHEIM ON SONDHEIM tracklist and samples....
Posted: 8/13/10 at 4:02pm

It sounds great so far! The orchestrations sound MUCH better on disc than in the theater. They are actually quite pleasant.

I am still completely puzzled as to why they cut so many songs. There is still room on both discs for more music. I can understand cutting one solo song each from the three leads, but why cut the overture and act 1 finale? And poor Erin Mackey lost her only solo, which was fantastic.

Oh well. I am grateful we even got a recording.

rmusic11322
#40SONDHEIM ON SONDHEIM tracklist and samples....
Posted: 8/13/10 at 9:33pm

I got mine in the mail today as well. I just finished listening to Disc One. It sounds fantastic! The highlights for me are Comedy Tonight, the transition between Talent/When I Get Famous and Something's Coming, So Many People, Now You Know, and all of Cook's songs. When listening to Franklin Shepard, INC., I don't remember Euan Morton having such a nasal voice live. I love all of the Sondheim interview audios. I wish they did a type of thing with the Everyday Rapture CD.

rmusic11322
#41SONDHEIM ON SONDHEIM tracklist and samples....
Posted: 8/13/10 at 10:45pm

Just finished Disc Two. God is such a great Act Two opener. Still a little upset that Erin's beautiful "Do I Hear A Waltz?" isn't there. For some reason, whenever Tom Wopat sings, I always say "Oh yeah, he was in the show too." Mostly every song on this disc is amazingly sung and orchestrated. I'm so glad I bought this.

aliceripleystheshiz
#42SONDHEIM ON SONDHEIM tracklist and samples....
Posted: 8/14/10 at 11:43am

Got mine yesterday. Listened to it all day so I couldnt post anyting on it :). Im loving all of it! Didnt realize how much I liked the tune of "Love Is in the Air". Anybody hear Leslies giggle in "Smile Girls"? Its after Vanessa say the first round of "Smile (Name)..." where they react. HILARIOUS! It sounds like a crazed baby.

Everything Cook does is delightful. BUY IT NOW IF YOU HAVENT!!!

rmusic11322
#43SONDHEIM ON SONDHEIM tracklist and samples....
Posted: 8/14/10 at 1:34pm

Smile, whatever your name is!

haha :)

AwesomeDanny
#44SONDHEIM ON SONDHEIM tracklist and samples....
Posted: 8/14/10 at 4:30pm

I just got mine in the mail today, which is very fitting with today being my birthday. I'm halfway through the second disc, and I love it. I was happy to hear Sondheim's talking mixed in with some of the songs. While I would have liked to have a few more songs, I really can't complain about such a great cast album. And "God" is such a funny song!

wickedfan11 Profile Photo
wickedfan11
#45SONDHEIM ON SONDHEIM tracklist and samples....
Posted: 8/14/10 at 4:39pm

How long are Sondheim's bits?

AwesomeDanny
#46SONDHEIM ON SONDHEIM tracklist and samples....
Posted: 8/14/10 at 4:42pm

wickedfan11, they're 30 seconds to a minute and a half, but he occasionally says something during or at the end of a song.

xoffender45
#47SONDHEIM ON SONDHEIM tracklist and samples....
Posted: 8/14/10 at 5:29pm

I just got mine in the mail too and the case was broken! I'm kinda devastated. I don't want to mail it back because I've waited so long to have it. lol

Sort of off-topic, but I ordered a used copy of Sondheim Sings, Vol. 1 on ebay and also just arrived today. I noticed that even though it came with the cardboard case, and booklet, it didn't have a CD insert. Does anyone else have an insert, and if so, what does it look like?

wickedfan11 Profile Photo
wickedfan11
#48SONDHEIM ON SONDHEIM tracklist and samples....
Posted: 8/14/10 at 8:27pm

Are there currently any coupons that can be used on the ps classics website?

Mildred Plotka Profile Photo
Mildred Plotka
#49SONDHEIM ON SONDHEIM tracklist and samples....
Posted: 8/14/10 at 8:33pm

offender, I bought the Sondheim Sings discs brand new in the wrapper and neither one had inserts. Just the cardboard and the booklet.

"Broadway...I'll lick you yet!"