What's next for Kelli O'Hara?

backwoodsbarbie Profile Photo
backwoodsbarbie
#1What's next for Kelli O'Hara?
Posted: 8/13/10 at 10:11am

From a Broadway.com interview...

When will we see you on a Broadway stage again?

"There are a couple of things going on. One is a great dream of mine, but I’m not at liberty to say [the name of the show]. It will come out soon; it's very exciting."

Anybody care to speculate what this show may be? I'm guessing maybe a revival of My Fair Lady may be coming down the pipe. That just seems like such a perfect show for her, and she mentioned once that Eliza is her dream role, but then again I'm just taking a shot in the dark.

http://backstagebarbie.blogspot.com

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#2What's next for Kelli O'Hara?
Posted: 8/13/10 at 10:13am

She's attached to the musical version of BRIDGES OF MADISON COUNTY that Jason Robert Brown and Marsha Norman are working on, though I imagine thats a year or so off.

backwoodsbarbie
#2What's next for Kelli O'Hara?
Posted: 8/13/10 at 10:16am

I guess I should have attached the full answer to this question. She also mentions The Bridges of Madison County in addition to the "great dream" role that she cannot discuss at this time, which I could only assume would be a revival.

When will we see you on a Broadway stage again?

"There are a couple of things going on. One is a great dream of mine, but I’m not at liberty to say [the name of the show]. It will come out soon; it's very exciting. I’ve also been shopping a new musical of The Bridges of Madison County, with [composer] Jason Robert Brown and [librettist] Marsha Norman, which may be done in the next few years. That’s just an idea right now. Mostly I have concerts scheduled—I’m going to be at Feinstein’s in October. I’ll keep singing until the right thing comes along."

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#3What's next for Kelli O'Hara?
Posted: 8/13/10 at 10:22am

Well not necessarily - she doesn't say its a dream role - she says the project is a great dream of hers. That may or may not neccesarily be a revival.

AngusN
#4What's next for Kelli O'Hara?
Posted: 8/13/10 at 11:23am

Yeh, not long after she did the New York Philharmonic concert version of My Fair Lady with Kelsey Grammer this is what she said:
Quoth O’Hara: "My husband and I have talked about this. As much as we want to have children, if I were offered My Fair Lady, then he agreed that I should do it. Any other show, we’d choose to have a kid.”
Sounds like it could be a revival of My Fair Lady, which I think is long overdue on Broadway. Was the last one 1994 with Melissa Errico?

Dollypop
#5What's next for Kelli O'Hara?
Posted: 8/13/10 at 8:53pm

>>>"My Fair Lady may be coming down the pipe"<<<

Of course you mean "coming down the PIKE", don't you? If not, you certainly live up to your backwooods name.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

ghostlight2
#6What's next for Kelli O'Hara?
Posted: 8/13/10 at 9:33pm

Are you always this bitchy, or is it only before bedtime, Dolly?

Dollypop
#7What's next for Kelli O'Hara?
Posted: 8/13/10 at 9:38pm

Always bitchy. It comes from a lifetime of wallowing in misery.

ghostlight2
#8What's next for Kelli O'Hara?
Posted: 8/13/10 at 9:42pm

Well, that's honest. Misery does love company, I hear.

Can't wait to see what's next for Kelli. She's not bitchy (can you imagine? Kelli, bitchy?)

Dollypop
#9What's next for Kelli O'Hara?
Posted: 8/13/10 at 9:46pm

Of course misery loves company. That's why I post here.

backwoodsbarbie
#10What's next for Kelli O'Hara?
Posted: 8/13/10 at 11:40pm

Oh good lord I certainly did mean "Pike" as opposed to "pipe". I am normally very particular about what I type and always double check before posting. Wow, do I feel embarrassed. Thanks for pointing that out Dolly.

pants2 Profile Photo
pants2
#11What's next for Kelli O'Hara?
Posted: 8/13/10 at 11:46pm

I hope it's a My Fair Lady revival. That would be glorious.

Can, can I have it?

backwoodsbarbie
#12What's next for Kelli O'Hara?
Posted: 8/13/10 at 11:56pm

It would be great to see Kelli back in a legitimate soprano role. I swear that one of these days she is going to win that TONY if she can get that great role (and isn't nominated against Patti LuPone).

WestwardHoHo
#13What's next for Kelli O'Hara?
Posted: 8/14/10 at 12:15am

Apparently she is also attached to Finding Neverland.

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#14What's next for Kelli O'Hara?
Posted: 8/14/10 at 12:21am

Kelli is playing at my backyard vegan barbecue in September. I swore her to secrecy, but it's always been a dream of hers to sing for vegans. I guess the free range chicken is out of the bag now.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

backwoodsbarbie
#15What's next for Kelli O'Hara?
Posted: 8/14/10 at 1:10am

Wow, thanks for enlightening us. I always took her for a meat eater, being raised on a farm and all.

#16What's next for Kelli O'Hara?
Posted: 8/14/10 at 2:15am

Kelly will be in the revival of KING AND I at LCT directed by Bart Sher in 2011/12. unclear if it will be at the Beaumont or at a Broadway house.

CockeyedOptimist2 Profile Photo
CockeyedOptimist2
#17What's next for Kelli O'Hara?
Posted: 8/14/10 at 9:15am

heyiam, don't tease me. That would be too good to be true!

wickedfan Profile Photo
wickedfan
#18What's next for Kelli O'Hara?
Posted: 8/14/10 at 10:24am

I doubt that since Sher will be knee-deep in Funny Girl that season.

"Sing the words, Patti!!!!" Stephen Sondheim to Patti LuPone.

singer73192 Profile Photo
singer73192
#19What's next for Kelli O'Hara?
Posted: 8/14/10 at 10:30am

I've been hearing rumors of Kelli and Harry Connick Jr. starring in Robin Hood and the Seven Hoods. Of course these are strictly rumors.... but I'd love to see them both onstage again!

SporkGoddess
#20What's next for Kelli O'Hara?
Posted: 8/14/10 at 11:57am

Does this mean JRB is finally writing a legit soprano role? Because I've always wondered why he doesn't have any.

Then again, Kelli's also a great belter, so probably not. :/

Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#21What's next for Kelli O'Hara?
Posted: 8/14/10 at 12:15pm

I'd much prefer Laura Benanti in THE KING & I. Oh well.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

desiree armfeldt Profile Photo
desiree armfeldt
#22What's next for Kelli O'Hara?
Posted: 8/14/10 at 1:24pm

King and I would certainly be the next R&H revival, I think.

BroadwayBound115 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound115
#23What's next for Kelli O'Hara?
Posted: 8/14/10 at 2:14pm

I would much prefer Laura Benanti in a King & I revival too!!

I hope Kelli O'Hara gets a Tony-winning role soon!!! She is too good not to have one!

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#24What's next for Kelli O'Hara?
Posted: 8/14/10 at 11:15pm

I really loved the idea of Kate Baldwin in The King & I, myself.

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad