Erma/Bonnie-Mara Davi
Mrs. Harcourt-Jayne Houdyshell
Elisha J. Whitney-Tony Roberts

This is my dream cast what's yours?

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#2who would you like to see in the 'Anything Goes' revival with Sutton
Posted: 9/12/10 at 9:38pm

Malcolm Gets would be a pretty great Lord Evelyn, but I also thought Lewis Cleale would be a good fit when I saw him in I Do! I Do!

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#2who would you like to see in the 'Anything Goes' revival with Sutton
Posted: 9/12/10 at 9:40pm

There was a rumor posted here (not sure how reliable) that Joel Grey was in final negotiations for Moonface.

beautywickedlover
#3who would you like to see in the 'Anything Goes' revival with Sutton
Posted: 9/12/10 at 9:42pm

Laura Bell Bundy as Hope. Although Sutton would feel very uncomfortable sharing the stage with her since she stole her husband.

PiraguaGuy2
#4who would you like to see in the 'Anything Goes' revival with Sutton
Posted: 9/12/10 at 10:44pm

Reno Sweeney: Sutton Foster
Billy Crocker: Harry Connick, Jr.
Moonface Martin: Christopher Fitzgerald
Lord Evelyn Oakleigh: Tim Curry
Hope Harcourt: Jennifer Laura Thompson
Bonnie: Mary Catherine Garrison
Wadsworth T. Harcourt: Jane Houdyshell
Elisha J. Whitney: Dick Latessa

Formerly SirNotAppearing - Joined 3/08
Updated On: 9/12/10 at 10:44 PM

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#5who would you like to see in the 'Anything Goes' revival with Sutton
Posted: 9/12/10 at 10:49pm

Christopher Fitzgerald is way too young for Moonface...he's supposed to be a wise older mentor, not a contemporary of Reno. Getting Joel Grey would be a real coup.

Personally, I'd love to see Greg Jbara as Evelyn, Leslie Kritzer as Erma, Lauren Molina as Hope and Steven Pasquale as Billy.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

PiraguaGuy2
#6who would you like to see in the 'Anything Goes' revival with Sutton
Posted: 9/12/10 at 10:51pm

I'd personally love to see a younger Moonface. I've seen him interpreted as a contemporary and it works fine. But Joel Grey would be a coup too.

Formerly SirNotAppearing - Joined 3/08

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#7who would you like to see in the 'Anything Goes' revival with Sutton
Posted: 9/12/10 at 11:01pm

cheyenne jackson or stephen pasquale as billy

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#8who would you like to see in the 'Anything Goes' revival with Sutton
Posted: 9/12/10 at 11:03pm

I think Jennifer Laura Thompson would be a good Hope. And why not have Michael McGrath reprise his Moonface from the anniversary concert at Lincoln Center?

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

backwoodsbarbie Profile Photo
backwoodsbarbie
#9who would you like to see in the 'Anything Goes' revival with Sutton
Posted: 9/12/10 at 11:36pm

LBB stole Sutton's husband?

http://backstagebarbie.blogspot.com

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#10who would you like to see in the 'Anything Goes' revival with Sutton
Posted: 9/12/10 at 11:38pm

Laura Bell Bundy and Christian Borle have been in a relationship since LEGALLY BLONDE. I don't know that "stole" is the right word though, since there have been rumors of infidelity on both sides. It's old news.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body
Updated On: 9/12/10 at 11:38 PM

backwoodsbarbie Profile Photo
backwoodsbarbie
#11who would you like to see in the 'Anything Goes' revival with Sutton
Posted: 9/12/10 at 11:45pm

Oh ok thanks. I knew that Sutton and Christian were married and then divorced but I never realized he was in a relationship with Laura.

http://backstagebarbie.blogspot.com

jewishboy Profile Photo
jewishboy
#12who would you like to see in the 'Anything Goes' revival with Sutton
Posted: 9/13/10 at 6:00am

Is Patrick Wilson too busy with with films? Because I think he would make a great Billy. Joel Grey would of course be magnificent as Moonface.

Jon
#13who would you like to see in the 'Anything Goes' revival with Sutton
Posted: 9/13/10 at 10:20am

The original Moonface, Victor Moore, was in his 40's. I don't know why people think he should be ancient, like Bill McCutcheon.

I envision someone like Danny Burstein, Brad Oscar, or Kevin Chamberlain. Someone with an actual moon-shaped face. Not the skeletal Joel Grey.

bwaylvsong
#14who would you like to see in the 'Anything Goes' revival with Sutton
Posted: 9/13/10 at 10:48am

Reno- Sutton Foster
Billy- Gavin Creel
Evelyn- Marc Kudisch
Moony- Danny Burstein
Hope- Kelli O'Hara
Erma- Amy Spanger

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#15who would you like to see in the 'Anything Goes' revival with Sutton
Posted: 9/13/10 at 12:50pm

I like the idea of Gavin as Billy. I always envision someone "pretty" as opposed to "studly" like Cheyenne.

As much as I love Marc Kudisch I think Malcolm Gets is better for Evelyn. I mean...his name is Evelyn. Marc's "toughness" always seems to shine through for me.

Laura Bell Bundy as Hope. Although Sutton would feel very uncomfortable sharing the stage with her since she stole her husband.

Why don't we just go all the way and cast LBB as Erma, Roger Bart as Moonface, and Christian as Evelyn?

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

bwaylvsong
#16who would you like to see in the 'Anything Goes' revival with Sutton
Posted: 9/13/10 at 1:10pm

I'm not familiar with Gets' work, so I can't comment on him at all, but I think Kudisch would do a great job- he didn't come off as tough to me at all in TMM or Pirates of Penzance. I also think Norbert Leo Butz would be a great Evelyn if the creative team can deal with the height difference.
Updated On: 9/13/10 at 01:10 PM

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#17who would you like to see in the 'Anything Goes' revival with Sutton
Posted: 9/13/10 at 1:53pm

Betty White for Moonface!

I thought Sutton dumped Christian for Roger (mis-TAKE), and he turned to Laure Bell in his grief... no?

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#18who would you like to see in the 'Anything Goes' revival with Sutton
Posted: 9/13/10 at 3:13pm

Danny Burstein will be busy with Women on the Verge, and then, of course, Follies.

Hope Harcourt is the least interesting role in the show. She doesn't get very many laughs because her dialogue is very "ingenue-y". I doubt Laura Bell Bundy would be interested in such a nothing role.

MadameLibrarian212 Profile Photo
MadameLibrarian212
#19who would you like to see in the 'Anything Goes' revival with Sutton
Posted: 9/13/10 at 3:40pm

danny burstein could be funny as moonface

i agree with whoever said that either sierra boggess or kelli o'hara should be hope

beautywickedlover
#20who would you like to see in the 'Anything Goes' revival with Sutton
Posted: 9/13/10 at 4:32pm

"I doubt Laura Bell Bundy would be interested in such a nothing role."

The reason why I thought she would be good for the role was because at one point in the show Hope crys and says, "And now it's rainning" and I thought Laura would nail that line perfectly. She also has a great soprano voice.

Elke Profile Photo
Elke
#21who would you like to see in the 'Anything Goes' revival with Sutton
Posted: 9/13/10 at 4:40pm

While I'd be thrilled to see Joel Grey in any show, I don't think he's right for Moonface Martin. I always imagine someone a little chubby and sturdy for that role. Some of you mentioned Marc Kudisch as Lord Evelyn, but I actually think he'd be a good Moonface Martin. No?

Would be lovely to see Kelli O'Hara as Hope, but I think the role is not challenging enough for her. Just my opinion, could be wrong. Anyhow, I do love the idea of Malcolm Gets as Lord Evelyn!

sondheimfan2 Profile Photo
sondheimfan2
#22who would you like to see in the 'Anything Goes' revival with Sutton
Posted: 9/13/10 at 11:19pm

Although I like Sutton, I really want her as Hope and Donna Murphy as Reno.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#23who would you like to see in the 'Anything Goes' revival with Sutton
Posted: 9/13/10 at 11:34pm

Again, 3-time Tony nominee Kelli O'Hara will not be the least bit interested in the supporting role of Hope Harcourt, particularly given how uninteresting the character is.

ILOHTFAHA (Aida Man) Profile Photo
ILOHTFAHA (Aida Man)
#24who would you like to see in the 'Anything Goes' revival with Sutton
Posted: 9/27/10 at 9:47pm

Updated Cast:

Reno-Sutton Foster
Billy-Aaron Lazar
Hope-Ashley Brown
Evelyn-Raul Esparza
Moonface-Joel Grey
Erma-Mary Birdsong

Videos