#25Nudity in Angels in America?
Posted: 9/25/10 at 3:53pm

I really enjoy this.

WayTooBroadway Profile Photo
WayTooBroadway
#26Nudity in Angels in America?
Posted: 2/3/16 at 10:22am

"What will Andrew Garfield do?"

In case someone needs to know about his, um, situation in Angels in America in May 2017.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/National-Theatre-Announces-2016-Productions-Andrew-Garfield-Stars-in-ANGELS-IN-AMERICA-James-McArdle-in-YOUNG-CHEKHOV-WAR-HORSE-Tour-and-More-20160203

"When the audience comes in, it changes the temperature of what you've written." -Stephen Sondheim

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#27Nudity in Angels in America?
Posted: 2/3/16 at 10:41am

This was such a fun thread.

I miss wonderwaiter. Nudity in Angels in America?

....but the world goes 'round

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#28Nudity in Angels in America?
Posted: 2/3/16 at 12:11pm

I think Andrew Garfield is really talented, but he doesn't feel right for Prior Walter. I'd much rather see him as Louis or Joe, personally.

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

FindingNamo
#29Nudity in Angels in America?
Posted: 2/3/16 at 12:17pm

I thought the same about Christian Borle, who ended up being my second favorite Pryor ever.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#30Nudity in Angels in America?
Posted: 2/3/16 at 12:22pm

That is certainly fair, and he could be terrific. And in any case, a high-profile production of this play is always exciting, even if I doubt I'll be seeing this one since it's an ocean away.

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

lotiloti Profile Photo
lotiloti
#31Nudity in Angels in America?
Posted: 2/3/16 at 12:26pm

For goodness sake, grow up !!!

Sauja Profile Photo
Sauja
#32Nudity in Angels in America?
Posted: 2/3/16 at 12:32pm

I saw the announcement elsewhere and assumed Garfield would be playing Louis. He could make a fascinating Prior! I love Borle, but I confess that his Prior wasn't my favorite take. I loved Quinto, Heck, and (especially) Billy Porter in that production, though. And...Marianne Nicholson directing is very exciting. I've been wanting to make it back to London...

But of course I'll wait to book my tickets to London until it's closer to the date and there's more information on whether I can bring my grandmother who is very sensitive.

Ado Annie D'Ysquith Profile Photo
Ado Annie D'Ysquith
#33Nudity in Angels in America?
Posted: 2/4/16 at 9:29pm

Wait, didn't this thread originate from someone who was taking their grandmother to the show? What is it with taking your grandparents to Angels in America? Is there something I'm missing here?!

http://puccinischronicles.wordpress.com

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#34Nudity in Angels in America?
Posted: 2/4/16 at 10:53pm

wonderfulwizard11 said: "I think Andrew Garfield is really talented, but he doesn't feel right for Prior Walter. I'd much rather see him as Louis or Joe, personally."

I don't think he comes across as nearly serious enough to play Louis or Joe.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

FindingNamo
#35Nudity in Angels in America?
Posted: 2/4/16 at 10:58pm

The whole thing hinges on how horrible we are when our grandparents die.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

theatreguy12
#36Nudity in Angels in America?
Posted: 2/4/16 at 11:15pm

Nudity?  In South Pacific?  Um, why?

Gratuitous much?

WayTooBroadway Profile Photo
WayTooBroadway
#37Nudity in Angels in America?
Posted: 6/22/18 at 4:17pm

Happy Pride! I nominate this for Best Revival.

"When the audience comes in, it changes the temperature of what you've written." -Stephen Sondheim

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#38Nudity in Angels in America?
Posted: 6/22/18 at 8:11pm

Ya wants PRIDE about nekkid actors?

Dis my fav from 2005 by FratGuy

re: Take Me Out in Toronto - Nudity Review

"I went with three friends to see the production last night and we all really enjoyed it. It's clear why the play won the Tony last year. We sat in the third row so we were close to the action including the infamous nudes scenes. The shower scenes were fun to see but we all would have enjoyed the play just as much without the nudity. The actors were all superb. 

Here goes my nudity review: 

Thom Allison (Darren Lemming) - A handsome black man with one of the biggest bubble butts I have ever seen. He had a bit of a pot belly - he could have done some more sit-ups for the role. He sported a huge furry bush of black pubic hair. His penis was average length, thick, circumcised with a ridge of wrinkly skin above his bulbous****head. 

Harry Crane (Jason Chenier) - The cutest actor on the cast. I think his penis was suffering from stage fright. I couldn't imagine getting naked and showering in front of 800 people! He has a fit toned hairless body. When he removed his towel, it was clear he was suffering from shrinkage. His penis looked like a two inch erection - it was sticking right out from his body. As the shower scene continued, his penis relaxed a bit, but when it was his turn for lines, his penis shrunk up again so that it was perpendicular to the floor. Dark bush of pubes, compact tight balls and circumcised. 

Aaron Franks (Toddy Koovitz) - The first person we saw naked onstage. Large bush of dark pubes that overtook his penis and balls. Circumcised with a short shaft. His penis bounced around alot over his tight fat scrotum. 

Matthew MacFadzean (Kippy Sundstrom) - Canadians might recognize him from the Alexander Keith beer ads - he spills the beer on the bar floor and the newfie goes nuts. Awesome tight toned muscular body with a few tatoos - on his back and shoulder. His bush seemed slightly trimmed - blondish red in colour. Big balls. Circumcised with big head. Hung about 4 inches soft - one of the biggest of the cast. 

Mike Shara (Shane Mungit) - Played Brett Butler, the hollywood producer on QAF. He had a skinny long penis, circumcised that seemed to stick out from his body slighty. Big balls. I think the cold air in the theatre affected some of the penises as his penis seemed to have alot of potential. 

Jovanni Sy (Takeshi Kawabata) - huge bush of black straight pubic hair that was longer than his circumcised penis. As the shower scene progressed, the warm water seemed to make his penis relax and lengthen to three inches. When he was in his underwear, his tight balls that seemed to be up on either side of his shaft, made an impressive bulge. 

Andy Velasquez (Martinez) - the smallest and only uncircumcised penis of the cast. Reminded me of Michelangelo's David - Penis was shrunk with a tube of foreskin at the end. Only actor to trim his pubes. 

Cyrus Lane (Rodriguez) - understudy for the role. Biggest penis of the cast. Large thick****with a circumcised head. Low hanging balls. Hung about 4 inches soft. Big bush of pubes that spread out to his legs. "

Yowza!