pixeltracker

Downton Abbey: Series 1, 2 and cast career discussion thread- Page 8

Downton Abbey: Series 1, 2 and cast career discussion thread

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#175For the Maggie Smith fans: Downton Abbey
Posted: 2/6/12 at 11:41am

Y'all know The Chicken Lady killed that bitch. She knows how hard good help is to find and KEEP, so since everyone eavesdrops in that house, she knew what was going down and put a stop to that shlt once and for all, gangsta style.

romantico Profile Photo
romantico
#176For the Maggie Smith fans: Downton Abbey
Posted: 2/6/12 at 12:36pm

SPOILERS

Didn't Bates say his wife had a lover? Perhaps a new character to be introduced. Who knows, he may also have a motive. Could Mary's fiance also be a suspect?

'There are three sides to every story. My side, your side, and the truth. And no one is lying. Memories shared serve each one differently' -Robert Evans-

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#177For the Maggie Smith fans: Downton Abbey
Posted: 2/8/12 at 10:03am

madbrian - I agree with you about the scene with Isabel, Cora and Violet. It seemed slightly out of character for Isabel to be that gullible, especially with those two.

It made me laugh, but it wasn't as 'true' as the show usually is.

I felt Patrick Gordon was an imposter. Though, I admit those feelings are driven by my wanting him to be an imposter. I'm Team Matthew, when it comes to heirs of Downton. (Dare I hope there may yet be a bit of passion in his future?)

Many possible suspects for the death of Mrs. Bates. Which should make for some interesting story lines.

I keep thinking about the Ethel storyline, and why I simply don't care. I think it's because I wonder why Mrs. Hughes cares so much? She wasn't at Downton for that long, so I don't understand why there is so much interest in her. She wasn't likeable while she was there... Seems like alot of fuss for someone so insignificant. Although, I suppose that because of the fuss she is significant. I simply don't care about her.

Looks like O'Brien is about to say something that could have consequences (from the scenes to come...). I wonder what will become of Thomas now that the war is over? I'm still peeved that he 'got away' with his cowardice.

"Two drifters off to see the world. There's such a lot of world to see. . ."

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#178For the Maggie Smith fans: Downton Abbey
Posted: 2/8/12 at 10:07am

I hope Patrick is an imposter - if he's not, it's just a ludicrous storyline.

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#179For the Maggie Smith fans: Downton Abbey
Posted: 2/8/12 at 10:23am

I wonder if Mrs. Hughes has a skeleton in her closet that we haven't learned about yet. Remember, this is the same writer as Gosford Park.

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#180For the Maggie Smith fans: Downton Abbey
Posted: 2/8/12 at 11:01am

I'm sure they ALL have a skeleton or five in their closets. Next year we'll find out that Anna is actually Andrew.

bwayrose7 Profile Photo
bwayrose7
#181For the Maggie Smith fans: Downton Abbey
Posted: 2/8/12 at 11:48am

Oo I certainly hope Carlisle has something to do with the murder. Anything to get rid of him, please? After the way he treated Mary- nope, not okay! 
I also was delighted by two things: Matthew apparently getting feeling back in his legs, and the look on Branson's face when Sybil all but said she loved him!

Scripps2 Profile Photo
Scripps2
#182For the Maggie Smith fans: Downton Abbey
Posted: 2/9/12 at 2:27pm

This was the point at which I became severely pissed off disgruntled with the second series and began hurling my petit fours at the television.

Updated On: 2/9/12 at 02:27 PM

Blockhead24 Profile Photo
Blockhead24
#183For the Maggie Smith fans: Downton Abbey
Posted: 2/9/12 at 10:38pm

I was at "The View" today and they gave us DVDs of series 1& 2. Can't wait to watch!

bwayrose7 Profile Photo
bwayrose7
#184For the Maggie Smith fans: Downton Abbey
Posted: 2/13/12 at 2:30pm

Thoughts on last night:
- WTF Robert? Not that I didn't see it coming, but still- seriously? Disappointing turn for that character.
- Anyone else swoon a little during Matthew and Mary's dance (and not just because of the camera that wouldn't stop spinning?) Been waiting all season for that one- they really are soul mates. And speaking of which...
-I did feel a little sad for Lavinia, but I couldn't help feeling that I won't really miss her that much. And I certainly hope Matthew takes her final words and decides to allow himself to be happy.
-Yay for Matthew walking!
-Yay for Tom and Sybil- about time those two got together. I already liked Branson before, but after this episode I respect him too.
-Bates and Anna are too adorable. Also thought it was sweet how Mary was in on the whole thing.
-And finally, Violet was on fire last night. Her visit to Matthew, her parting words about trying to make the best of Branson and Sybil, yup, good night!

Anyone else really looking forward to the finale?

romantico Profile Photo
romantico
#185For the Maggie Smith fans: Downton Abbey
Posted: 2/13/12 at 2:51pm

I cheated. I bought the dvd of series 2 last week and watched all the episodes.I promise,I won't reveal any spoilers. However, IMO, the Christmas episode is by far the very best episode of the series.I had to watch it twice.I think next's week is the last episode until next year.

'There are three sides to every story. My side, your side, and the truth. And no one is lying. Memories shared serve each one differently' -Robert Evans-

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#186For the Maggie Smith fans: Downton Abbey
Posted: 2/13/12 at 8:22pm

During his scene with Branson & Sybil, I wanted the frame to freeze, then have Lord Grantham turn around and shout 'Tradition!!!'.

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson
Updated On: 2/17/12 at 08:22 PM

iflitifloat Profile Photo
iflitifloat
#187For the Maggie Smith fans: Downton Abbey
Posted: 2/13/12 at 8:37pm

I think Thomas killed Mrs. Bates for the money to set up his ill-fated business and figured Bates would be blamed. I think O'Brien (what IS her relationship to Thomas, anyway? I think they have more history than we know of...) will eventually contribute to his downfall.

Sueleen Gay: "Here you go, Bitch, now go make some fukcing lemonade." 10/28/10

romantico Profile Photo
romantico
#188For the Maggie Smith fans: Downton Abbey
Posted: 2/13/12 at 8:48pm

Possible,but I see Thomas as more of a jerk not an evil man. I still am curious to hear about who her lover was. She was seeing someone behind Mr.Bates back.

I have often wondered what the connection is between O'Brien and Thomas. I think O'Brien is beginning to see what we all have seen in Thomas. Still, I love hating him.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#189For the Maggie Smith fans: Downton Abbey
Posted: 2/14/12 at 3:00pm

I'be just gotten my mother hooked on this so I've been rewatching the first series with her. I'm finding it just as enjoyable the second time around. We both think Hugh Bonneville is foxy.
Updated On: 2/14/12 at 03:00 PM

JerseyGirl2 Profile Photo
JerseyGirl2
#190For the Maggie Smith fans: Downton Abbey
Posted: 2/17/12 at 3:32am

SPOILERS, I GUESS. RE: Christmas Special.

Okay. This trial is annoying the hell out of me. How on earth would the lawyers know anything about the private conversations that were overheard by no one or even only overheard by those on the side of Mr. Bates? I can't get past this. It's melodramatic and silly.

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!

Bluemoon
#191For the Maggie Smith fans: Downton Abbey
Posted: 2/17/12 at 7:42am

Um....that episode hasn't aired here yet, JG2.

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#192For the Maggie Smith fans: Downton Abbey
Posted: 2/17/12 at 7:57am

Branson & Sybil = Perchik & Hodel

JerseyGirl2
#193For the Maggie Smith fans: Downton Abbey
Posted: 2/17/12 at 7:58am

That's why I put the spoiler thing above it. lol Many here have seen it. It's on YouTube, apparently.

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!

Bluemoon
#194For the Maggie Smith fans: Downton Abbey
Posted: 2/17/12 at 8:47am

LOL - yes, and it's out on DVD, too. I just meant that if you were looking for a discussion of the case against Bates, most of us wouldn't be able to contribute much. However, after Sunday night, we'll be all over it!

JerseyGirl2
#195For the Maggie Smith fans: Downton Abbey
Posted: 2/17/12 at 9:09am

Well, thank heavens. I should have waited until Sunday night to watch the special. Sigh. I intentionally waited to read this thread until I got through the whole series. (took 3 days) Then I caught up and went too far.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#196For the Maggie Smith fans: Downton Abbey
Posted: 2/17/12 at 10:36am

JG, I've seen the special. I'm sending you a PM.

MotorTink Profile Photo
MotorTink
#197For the Maggie Smith fans: Downton Abbey
Posted: 2/17/12 at 1:29pm

I just completed Season 1. I started a while ago with E1, but then got distracted by other shows, so this week was the rest. I really enjoy this series. I have an obsession with Manors/Castles so this is visual candy for me! I like the plot/characters. Glad to end the season with Thomas/O'bryan finally getting some consequence. I want to smack Lady Mary, she annoys me.

Is S2 available on-line somewhere (free and legal)? I know the DVDs are out but my library wont have it for a few more months.

BroadwayBoobs: I'll give all of you who weren't there a hint of who took the pictures ...it rhymes with shameless

SOMMS: I knew it was Tink!

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#197For the Maggie Smith fans: Downton Abbey
Posted: 2/19/12 at 10:43pm

Oh, HOW shall I last until Season 3??!!

I cheered, I laughed ("Do you promise?"), I cried, and I absolutely melted at the end.

I can't bear the wait until the next chapter.

"Two drifters off to see the world. There's such a lot of world to see. . ."
Updated On: 2/19/12 at 10:43 PM

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#198For the Maggie Smith fans: Downton Abbey
Posted: 2/19/12 at 10:46pm

Tink, you can watch season two on PBS.com.