pixeltracker

Women on the Verge closing frees Patti up for more interesting projects

Women on the Verge closing frees Patti up for more interesting projects

Musicaldudepeter
#1Women on the Verge closing frees Patti up for more interesting projects
Posted: 12/29/10 at 9:29am

Patti I HOPE will be going straight into Lonny Price's 'Company' as Joanne and then in a new revival of 'Dolly'

Here's hoping!!!! No hateful replies thank you very much!!

Yankeefan007
Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#2Women on the Verge closing frees Patti up for more interesting projects
Posted: 12/29/10 at 9:57am

Isn't she joining the cast of THE WALKING DEAD?

Gothampc
#3Women on the Verge closing frees Patti up for more interesting projects
Posted: 12/29/10 at 10:06am

I know she's already played Lady Bird Johnson, but I wonder if she would play her again maybe in a stage version.

There is a lot of material that hasn't yet been explored regarding Lady Bird. She was not a pretty woman and had to follow one of the most stylish First Ladies in American history. Her husband was saddled with the Vietnam War and the Kennedys really didn't want LBJ as VP. A lot of good material there.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

Idiot Profile Photo
Idiot
#4Women on the Verge closing frees Patti up for more interesting projects
Posted: 12/29/10 at 12:50pm

Wait.... so another rehash of DOLLY or COMPANY is more 'interesting' than a new musical based on WOMEN ON THE VERGE OF A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN?

Um... no. This was a VERY interesting project, whether or not you like the show.

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#5Women on the Verge closing frees Patti up for more interesting projects
Posted: 12/29/10 at 12:55pm

Whatever happened to Mamet's "Waitress in Yellowstone" musical from 500 years ago?

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#6Women on the Verge closing frees Patti up for more interesting projects
Posted: 12/29/10 at 1:01pm

The show was already scheduled to close January 23. It's not like she was stuck ewith the show forever. It was a limited engagement to begin with.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#7Women on the Verge closing frees Patti up for more interesting projects
Posted: 12/29/10 at 1:53pm

She still tours around the country doing concerts, too...

HistoryBoy2 Profile Photo
HistoryBoy2
#8Women on the Verge closing frees Patti up for more interesting projects
Posted: 12/29/10 at 2:01pm

I hear Spiderman is looking for a new Arachne.

logan0215 Profile Photo
logan0215
#9Women on the Verge closing frees Patti up for more interesting projects
Posted: 12/29/10 at 2:05pm

Crossies for COMPANY

I love America. Just because I think gay dudes should be allowed to adopt kids and we should all have hybrid cars doesn't mean I don't love America. [turns and winks directly into the camera] - Liz Lemon (Tina Fey) on 30 Rock

jimmycurry01
#10Women on the Verge closing frees Patti up for more interesting projects
Posted: 12/29/10 at 2:10pm

Do two weeks really make that much of a difference in her schedule? Will she be able to commit to things she wasn't able to before?
Snarkyness aside, I do hope she stays clear of Dolly. She isn't right for the role.

ndrwmls10
#11Women on the Verge closing frees Patti up for more interesting projects
Posted: 12/29/10 at 3:08pm

jimmycurry01 I respectfully disagree. Patti is a brassy and funny woman. That what Dolly is. She would be perfect.

theaterkid1015 Profile Photo
theaterkid1015
#12Women on the Verge closing frees Patti up for more interesting projects
Posted: 12/29/10 at 3:48pm

Goth, I'd see that play, and Patti spoke very fondly of the role/woman in her memoir. Johnson's also a really interesting president, could be a great role for an older actor. Someone, quick, start writing!

Some people paint, some people sew, I meddle.

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#13Women on the Verge closing frees Patti up for more interesting projects
Posted: 12/29/10 at 4:16pm

I really hope Patti joins the Next to Normal tour

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

Gothampc
#14Women on the Verge closing frees Patti up for more interesting projects
Posted: 12/29/10 at 4:22pm

Don't cry for me Austin, Texas
The truth is I never left you
I went to DC
to make it easy
for you to see me
as the First Lady

There is a lot about Lady Bird that hasn't been mentioned. Most people remember her as the crazy lady sitting in a meadow of flowers not wanting them to be cut down.

She financed her husband's political campaign. She owned radio and television stations. As the wife of the VP she covered Kennedy's *ss a whole lot when Jackie didn't come through.

The only question is who will play Eartha Kitt in the scene when she tries to smack down Lady Bird over the Vietnam War?

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.
Updated On: 12/29/10 at 04:22 PM

TheatreDork3 Profile Photo
TheatreDork3
#15Women on the Verge closing frees Patti up for more interesting projects
Posted: 12/29/10 at 10:34pm

I said this elsewhere on here today. I'm still pissy that the show opted to close THREE days before I had tickets to see the show!!! Come on - stay open until Wednesday!!!!

TD

Show's I've Seen: 2011: American Idiot, Lombardi, Screwtape Letters, Adams Family, Imaginocean, Phantom - 2010: Spiderman, A Little Night Music, Bloody, Bloody Andrew Jackson, La Cage aux Faux, Next to Normal (twice), Fanny (City Center), Next Fall, - 2009: Finian's Rainbow, Let Me Down Easy, Toxic Avenger, Hair, Mary Stuart, 9 to 5, Avenue Q (a few times), Young Frankenstein, Cry Baby, Applause (City Center), Xanadu, Legally Blond, Glorious Ones, Gutenberg: The Musical, Spring Awakening, Company, Dessa Rose, Jersey Boys, The Color Purple, Taboo, Altar Boys, Lestat, The Weddings Singer, Hairspray, Spamalot, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, Wicked, Brooklyn, Urinetown, 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee, Grey Gardens, Drowsy Chaperon, Thoroughly Modern Millie, Les Miserable, Aida, Great American Trailer Park Musical, Into The Woods, Naked Boys Singing, Cabaret, Last Five Years, Jekyll & Hyde, Corpus Christi, Side Show, Rent (a few times), Footloose, and Ragtime (First Broadway Show I saw).

bwayphreak234
#16Women on the Verge closing frees Patti up for more interesting projects
Posted: 12/29/10 at 10:40pm

I was planning to see it sometime in mid January. I really wish it could have just finished out its scheduled run, but if its not making money it doesn't make sense for them to I guess.

SondheimFan5 Profile Photo
SondheimFan5
#17Women on the Verge closing frees Patti up for more interesting projects
Posted: 12/30/10 at 12:07am

January's such a hard time to do a show.

NotSinceCarrie2
#18Women on the Verge closing frees Patti up for more interesting projects
Posted: 12/30/10 at 1:19am

Add me to the list of people interested in a Lady Bird Johnson musical. The only thing souring it to me is that people might see it as "Evita 2"

jimmycurry01
#19Women on the Verge closing frees Patti up for more interesting projects
Posted: 12/30/10 at 2:01am

Ndrwmls10, you are right, she is brassy, and funny. I do think she is quite the actress. I just don't see her in the role. I don't see the right spark in her that Dolly needs.
I am also not a huge fan of Patti's voice. I wish I were, and try to be frequently, but it rarely works. I think she makes a great Mrs. Lovett, she sings the best Meadowlark I have ever heard, but I just find that more often than not, her voice turns me off. Of course Carol Channing is no great singer either, but made the role work with her great wit and comic timing, so I guess Patti could surprise me.

bwayphreak234
#20Women on the Verge closing frees Patti up for more interesting projects
Posted: 12/30/10 at 2:09am

she sings the best Meadowlark

I agree. I love Patti's voice and I think this is one of the best thing she sings.

Gothampc
#21Women on the Verge closing frees Patti up for more interesting projects
Posted: 12/30/10 at 9:44am

"Add me to the list of people interested in a Lady Bird Johnson musical. The only thing souring it to me is that people might see it as "Evita 2"

As much as I joke about it being a musical, I think that it would have to be a play rather than a musical. I don't think there's enough theatricality in Lady Bird's life to justify music. It would be more like "Master Class" rather than "Evita".

fbueller
#22Women on the Verge closing frees Patti up for more interesting projects
Posted: 12/30/10 at 10:20am

I would LOVE to see Patti join Spiderman! (Ha!)

Videos