pixeltracker

Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread- Page 109

Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#2700Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 10/31/22 at 7:08pm

I'm hoping to see Hayley Swindal as Matron Mama Morton on Nov. 21st.  My dearest hope is to see Leigh Zimmerman (who I saw in 2011 and 2017) as Velma Kelly.  

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

Patti LuPone FANatic
#2701Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 11/6/22 at 11:06pm

Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Isaac Mizrahi begins his run as Amos Hart on Monday, November 7th.  This is an interesting casting choice.  I'll get a chance to see him in the show on Nov. 21st.  

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)
Updated On: 11/6/22 at 11:06 PM

Patti LuPone FANatic
#2702Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 11/7/22 at 10:51pm

https://youtu.be/ASg47aDALzI   Angel Reda is back in "Chicago" for a short while.  She is awesome.  I saw her in "The Cher Show" in Chicago and NYC.  

Patti LuPone FANatic
#2703Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 11/9/22 at 6:08pm

Charlotte D'Amboise will be Roxie Hart until Jan. 15, 2023.  It's hard to say how long is the run for AFW.  Curiously enough, Telecharge doesn't have a specific date for the conclusion of her current run.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#2704Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 11/9/22 at 6:56pm

Rachel Suhr is on vacation and Charity Angel Dawson(Mama) is out with COVID, so that's likely why Angel was brought in. Celina Nightengale has been playing Mama since last weekend.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Patti LuPone FANatic
#2705Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 11/9/22 at 7:54pm

ACL, do you know how long Angel Reda is with the show, temporarily?

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#2706Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 11/9/22 at 8:07pm

Patti LuPone FANatic said: "ACL, do you know how long Angel Reda is with the show, temporarily?"

Probably just through this Sunday. I'd assume Rachel is back on Monday.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Phillytheatreguy10 Profile Photo
Phillytheatreguy10
#2707Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 11/9/22 at 10:39pm

I think they’d be wise to have Angel Reda jump up to a Velma- she’s captivating on stage, you can’t take your eyes off of her! 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#2708Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 11/10/22 at 8:26am

Phillytheatreguy10 said: "I think they’d be wise to have Angel Reda jump up to a Velma- she’s captivating on stage, you can’t take your eyes off of her!"

Reda's never covered Velma, just Roxie.

Patti LuPone FANatic
#2709Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 11/11/22 at 6:43am

This time last year, I received this very nice birthday video from Ryan Lowe and the cast, crew, staff of "Chicago".  I'm one year older at 61.  https://youtu.be/H6U8CGv7n_E

JBradshaw Profile Photo
JBradshaw
#2710Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 11/11/22 at 1:22pm

angel actually did cover Velma and Mama as well. 

from the recent video of the recent curtain call so amra’s now wearing the Caroline O’Conner Velma style costume with sleeves?  

ACL2006 said: "Phillytheatreguy10 said: "I think they’d be wise to have Angel Reda jump up to a Velma- she’s captivating on stage, you can’t take your eyes off of her!"

Reda's never covered Velma, just Roxie.
"

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#2711Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 11/11/22 at 4:16pm

I absolutely detest the Velma sleeves (and for that matter Angel’s new costume)

Angel could be an excellent Velma given the chance. 

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#2712Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 11/11/22 at 4:30pm

I just really want some fresh faces in the roles of Velma, Roxie and Billy.

JBradshaw Profile Photo
JBradshaw
#2713Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 11/12/22 at 9:00pm

when I first saw Caroline as Velma she came up and I leaned to my friend and said “hate the gloves and wig” 

lindsay Lohan as Roxie! Why not?

jonartdesigns said: "I absolutely detest the Velma sleeves (and for that matter Angel’s new costume)

Angel could be an excellent Velma given the chance.
"

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#2714Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 11/12/22 at 9:09pm

jonartdesigns said: "I absolutely detest the Velma sleeves (and for that matter Angel’s new costume)."

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#2715Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 11/13/22 at 7:11am

Maybe if the producers start casting younger actresses for the two lead roles....

joevitus Profile Photo
joevitus
#2716Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 11/13/22 at 6:56pm

ACL2006 said: "Maybe if the producers start casting younger actresses for the two lead roles...."

Although Roxie's "I'm older than I ever intended to be" suggests a woman not so young, and it would be odd to have a considerably younger Velma. 

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#2717Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 11/14/22 at 11:12am

joevitus said: "ACL2006 said: "Maybe if the producers start casting younger actresses for the two lead roles...."

Although Roxie's "I'm older than I ever intended to be" suggests a woman not so young, and it would be odd to have a considerably younger Velma.
"

Nothing in the text suggests that Velma can’t be younger. If anything it would strengthen Roxie’s jealousy. 

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

Patti LuPone FANatic
#2718Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 11/17/22 at 5:44pm

Jennifer Fouche is returning as Matron Mama Morton for a spell.   

Patti LuPone FANatic
#2719Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 11/17/22 at 6:36pm

She's playing Mama on the following dates:  Nov. 21-27, Dec. 16-18 and Jan. 2-15th.  

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#2720Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 11/17/22 at 6:39pm

I wonder if they would ever consider bringing Pamela Anderson back. She was simply phenomenal in the role.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

Patti LuPone FANatic
#2721Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 11/21/22 at 8:15am

I am trying to find out who will be Velma Kelly this evening.  It seems that AFW ended her run last night.  

FANtomFollies Profile Photo
FANtomFollies
#2722Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 11/21/22 at 8:53am

Anyone catch Isaac Mizrahi in the show? I saw some photos of him in it and his costume is very different.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#2723Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 11/21/22 at 9:29am

Patti LuPone FANatic said: "I am trying to find out who will be Velma Kelly this evening. It seems that AFW ended her run last night."

You might get one of the u/s. Christine was on last night. Lana Gordon last the Hadestown tour on Saturday, so she might join the show again soon.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#2724Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 11/21/22 at 11:26am

Correction, you should get Lana tonight assuming she got back into NYC today.