pixeltracker

Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread- Page 48

Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#1175Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 12/27/16 at 5:41pm

Hey guys, I finally got a chance to visit backstage at the Ambassador Theatre, courtesy of Jason Patrick Sands.   This was my dream come true.  First picture is of me doing jazz hands with Dylis Croman (Roxie Hart).  Other pictures are with me and Jason Patrick Sands (Billy Flynn u/s).  

with Jason Patrick Sands

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)
Updated On: 12/27/16 at 05:41 PM

Patti LuPone FANatic
#1176Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 12/29/16 at 9:33am

It is incredible that this little thread has surpassed 1.5 million views (half are probably mine....j/k).  In terms of views, I think it's in the top 3 of all threads...with the thread about receiving stuff from theatre folks being the top thread.  Some people follow the Yankees or the  Dallas Cowboys.  I like and follow "Chicago".  I cannot imagine Broadway w/o Roxie, Velma and Billy Flynn.  from Roman in Austin, Texas

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

Patti LuPone FANatic
#1177Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 12/29/16 at 10:16am

The newest edition of the Chicago Cellblock National Tour resumes once more in February 2017.  Unfortunately, no stops in Texas...grrrr.  But I could possibly try the closest venue to my home state.  

2017 Chicago National Tour

Patti LuPone FANatic
#1178Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 1/4/17 at 9:54pm

Bianca Marroquin

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#1179Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 1/4/17 at 10:03pm

Patti LuPone FANatic said: "Bianca Marroquin

"

weird she's coming back for just one week instead of just the u/s covering the one week.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

ScottyDoesn'tKnow2
#1180Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 1/5/17 at 8:47pm

Patti LuPone FANatic said: "Bianca Marroquin

"

YES! I'm seeing it tomorrow and I've been wondering all month who was going to play Roxie during Mel B's absence. I've seen clips of Bianca and I've always wanted to see her but never thought it'd happen.

Patti LuPone FANatic
#1181Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 1/15/17 at 2:42pm

This is a fascinating article on the casting process for Chicago.    http://www.playbill.com/article/its-not-stunt-casting-its-star-casting

¿Macavity?
#1182Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 1/15/17 at 4:20pm

I found that article very interesting! Thanks for sharing.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#1183Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 1/23/17 at 9:07am

With Kate McKinnons parody of Roxie on SNL this past weekend, I'd love to see her play the part for real. 

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Patti LuPone FANatic
#1184Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 1/23/17 at 12:22pm

Does anyone know if she has any sort of musical theatre background?  She was terrific in the parody video.  

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#1186Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 1/24/17 at 12:06pm

2-time Emmy Award winner Kate McKinnon was a theater major at Columbia University and has a strong musical foundation she has always been incorporating in her non-SNL projects.  No info on any musical theater work.  

Patti LuPone FANatic
#1187Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 1/24/17 at 5:22pm

As I recall, when she last appeared in Dec. 2012, Chicago grossed over 1 million during that time she played Roxie.  So, she does bring in the international crowds.  

Patti LuPone FANatic
#1188Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 1/29/17 at 8:41pm

I came across this video of the 1998 Kennedy Center Honors for Kander & Ebb.  It's was a bit surreal to see the revival cast of Chicago performing to Cabaret.   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9S39tHlMhtY

helvizz Profile Photo
helvizz
#1189Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 1/29/17 at 11:00pm

Patti LuPone FANatic said: "This is a fascinating article on the casting process for Chicago.    http://www.playbill.com/article/its-not-stunt-casting-its-star-casting

"

That was an interesting read, thanks for sharing!

Updated On: 1/29/17 at 11:00 PM

Patti LuPone FANatic
#1190Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 2/4/17 at 9:54pm

It's seems that Lana Gordon is Velma Kelly, for a while, with the current Chicago Cellblock Tour. 

Patti LuPone FANatic
#1191Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 2/11/17 at 12:00pm

I think that Lana Gordon might be returning to Chicago on Broadway, once she finishes her limited tour run. Amra Faye Wright's  current stay ends on Feb. 19, so Lana Gordon could return the next day.  Also, Bianca Marroquin  will possibly return to the role of Roxie, when Mel B departs on Feb. 19.  

Patti LuPone FANatic
#1192Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 2/13/17 at 2:28pm

Congratulations to Donna Marie Asbury on her return to "Chicago" tonite.  She is returning to her Broadway home after several months.  Donna Marie is a Velma Kelly/ Mama Morton u/s.  yes

Updated On: 2/13/17 at 02:28 PM

Patti LuPone FANatic
#1193Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 2/15/17 at 5:53am

Here is a lovely article on Broadway Box with Chicago's "Go-To-Hell-Kitty's" Chryssie Whitehead.  She was ever so charming in "Every Little Step", when she kept  bumping into the camera guy at times.   http://www.broadwaybox.com/daily-scoop/seven-questions-with-chicago-standout-chryssie-whitehead/

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#1194Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 2/15/17 at 12:44pm

Charlotte returning as Roxie through April 9.

http://www.broadway.com/buzz/187586/hotcha-whoopee-two-time-tony-nominee-charlotte-damboise-returns-to-broadways-chicago/

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Patti LuPone FANatic
#1195Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 2/15/17 at 6:45pm

Here is an update list of upcoming Chicago principals.  AFW has extended for a week, while Christopher Sieber will stay on till March 3.  It would be fantastic if Tony Yazbek could rejoin the cast, so the show could boast 3 A Chorus Line revival original cast members:  Charlotte, Tony and Chryssie Whitehead (current Go To Hell Kitty).  https://www.telecharge.com/Broadway/Chicago/Overview

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#1196Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 2/15/17 at 7:01pm

Only one more week of AFW. Curious who'll replace her. I always hope someone new.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#1197Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 2/15/17 at 7:57pm

Patti LuPone FANatic said: "Here is an update list of upcoming Chicago principals.  AFW has extended for a week, while Christopher Sieber will stay on till March 3.  It would be fantastic if Tony Yazbek could rejoin the cast, so the show could boast 3 A Chorus Line revival original cast members:  Charlotte, Tony and Chryssie Whitehead (current Go To Hell Kitty).  https://www.telecharge.com/Broadway/Chicago/Overview

"

James T. Lane & Jason Patrick Sands are also still in the show. So that would be 5 ACL original cast members in CHICAGO.

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#1198Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 2/15/17 at 10:00pm

Lana is a unbelievably great Velma, it would be a dream if she returned to Broadway opposite my favorite Roxie, Charlotte D'Amboise.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

Patti LuPone FANatic
#1199Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 2/16/17 at 6:05am

Oooops.   How could I possibly forget Jason Patrick Sands?  There are any number of Billy Flynns who could take over on March 4, but Tony Yazbek and Ryan Silverman come to mind.  I remember seeing ACL in its San Francisco run in July 2006...and in 2007 on Broadway.   James Lane was awesome as Richie.