pixeltracker

Please Rec 4th (and 5th?) show for NYC Trip

Please Rec 4th (and 5th?) show for NYC Trip

breathyfemalevocal
#1Please Rec 4th (and 5th?) show for NYC Trip
Posted: 3/30/11 at 11:43am

Going to NYC Sat, 4/30(may arrive 4/29) thru Sun, May 1. Have tix for BOM, Priscilla and La Cage.

Need to add Sat pm and maybe Fri pm shows. Thinking People in Picture, Normal Heart, but need recs from those of you "in the know."

Lean to musicals, but mostly want great theater. Open to off-Broadway. Thanks!

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#2Please Rec 4th (and 5th?) show for NYC Trip
Posted: 3/30/11 at 12:01pm

Um... what are you asking for?

breathyfemalevocal
#2Please Rec 4th (and 5th?) show for NYC Trip
Posted: 3/30/11 at 12:15pm

I'm hoping for people who see a lot of Broadway and can distinguish good from bad to tell me what shows they would see and why, if in my shoes.

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#3Please Rec 4th (and 5th?) show for NYC Trip
Posted: 3/30/11 at 12:19pm

Well, if you're looking for a shorter show I'd recommend Love, Loss, & What I Wore. It's only 100 minutes w/ no intermission. You can try to win free tickets through twitter @lovelossonstage.

I'm seeing Anything Goes on Saturday so I can't comment on how good it is yet. But I am looking forward to it because of the inconic songs (I love Porter) and the cast.

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

WOSQ
#4Please Rec 4th (and 5th?) show for NYC Trip
Posted: 3/30/11 at 1:21pm

Not "on" Broadway, but Black Watch will be playing a return run at St. Ann's Warehouse in the DUMBO section of Brooklyn.

This is probably the best thing I have seen this century. The original production won Best Foreign Play from the NY Drama Critics Circle last year. It is worth all the effort to get out there--not that it is all that difficult.

Don't miss.

"If my life weren't funny, it would just be true. And that would be unacceptable." --Carrie Fisher

once a month Profile Photo
once a month
#5Please Rec 4th (and 5th?) show for NYC Trip
Posted: 3/30/11 at 2:38pm

Warhorse...a play with ten songs. It's a thrilling, imaginative, emotional story told with a large cast about a horse owned my a family in a town on the cusp of WW1. I never would have thought I'd adore this production, which won awards in England. You certainly won't feel cheated!

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#6Please Rec 4th (and 5th?) show for NYC Trip
Posted: 3/30/11 at 2:41pm

WAR HORSE is definitely the show I loved most this season. There probably won't be tickets available but I had good luck with the cancellation line.

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#7Please Rec 4th (and 5th?) show for NYC Trip
Posted: 3/30/11 at 3:11pm

Black Watch was a totally incred theatrical experience. I'm waiting for the TO shows for Warhorse but it was one of my picks.
If you meet the criteria for Sun eve young peoples ticket ((otherwise soldout) I'd recomend Peter and the Starcatcher.

rorschach37
#8Please Rec 4th (and 5th?) show for NYC Trip
Posted: 3/30/11 at 3:47pm

How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying.

bwayfan7000
#9Please Rec 4th (and 5th?) show for NYC Trip
Posted: 3/30/11 at 6:07pm

Anything Goes is a lot of fun and Catch Me is pretty good, if you're looking for another musical. Good People is phenomenal if you're looking for a play.

"Art, in itself, is an attempt to bring order out of chaos."-Stephen Sondheim

TarasHope
#10Please Rec 4th (and 5th?) show for NYC Trip
Posted: 3/31/11 at 2:57pm

Avenue Q if you have not already seen it. discounts available. .. Sarah Stiles is brilliant.

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#11Please Rec 4th (and 5th?) show for NYC Trip
Posted: 3/31/11 at 3:11pm

Sister Act was terrific fun, with two knockout leading ladies. The Alan Menken score was great and tuneful too.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#12Please Rec 4th (and 5th?) show for NYC Trip
Posted: 3/31/11 at 3:17pm

I would go for "The People in the Picture" since it is a new musical.

Just give the world Love.

bwaynews Profile Photo
bwaynews
#13Please Rec 4th (and 5th?) show for NYC Trip
Posted: 3/31/11 at 5:18pm

I highly recommend Catch Me If You Can and Peter & The Starcatcher :)

Catch Me is a fun musical. ...Funny, great music, good time. Aaron Tveit & Norbert Leo Butz are great together.

Peter is really something extraordinary, I have been telling everyone to see it. Best thing I've seen in a really long time.

Follow twitter.com/bwaynews for photos, interviews, news, castings, giveaways and discussion :)

Videos