pixeltracker

Guess who Barbra has talked to for the part of Herbie?- Page 2

Guess who Barbra has talked to for the part of Herbie?

husk_charmer
#25Guess who Barbra has talked to for the part of Herbie?
Posted: 5/26/11 at 4:58pm

Except, see, the thing is, I think Tveit actually could go somewhere. Name one actor who's played Tulsa who's actually had a major career.

1959 - Paul Wallace - Tulsa on Broadway, in the Film and then nothing
1973 - Andrew Norman - Cagelle in the London La Cage and that's as much info as I can find
1974 - John Sheridan - Regional tour in 76 with Angela and that's again all I can find
1989 - Robert Lambert - An off-Broadway and Regional credit and that's it again.
1993 - Jeffrey Broadhurst - a few minor roles
1998 - Joe Machota - Toured as Ren in Footloose, Opened Mamma Mia as Sky, probably one of the luckier Tulsa's
2003 - David Burtka - Married NPH and then what?
2006 - Leo Ash Evans - has done well on the regional circuit, but nothing in New York
2007 - Tony Yazbeck - On the Town and what else?

I would hate to put someone like Tveit into the role b/c it does seem to be a career ender.

http://www.youtube.com/huskcharmer

Gothampc
#26Guess who Barbra has talked to for the part of Herbie?
Posted: 5/26/11 at 4:59pm

Curse Elliot Gould's sperm for giving a son instead of a daughter!! I could use a daughter about now.

Ms. Streisand

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

husk_charmer
#27Guess who Barbra has talked to for the part of Herbie?
Posted: 5/26/11 at 5:00pm

^ Isn't the son a drag queen though?

morosco Profile Photo
morosco
egghumor Profile Photo
egghumor
#29Guess who Barbra has talked to for the part of Herbie?
Posted: 5/26/11 at 5:05pm

Just got a sneak peek at Laurents' revised script... Some of Rose's tirades are now in Yiddish, and he suggested Mr. Sondheim consider changing the girls' duet to "If Momma Was Institutionalized."

Updated On: 5/26/11 at 05:05 PM

thesixtyfirstpupil Profile Photo
thesixtyfirstpupil
#30Guess who Barbra has talked to for the part of Herbie?
Posted: 5/26/11 at 6:43pm

...that's not even funny considering the fact that he died recently. In case you didn't know... :P

JP2 Profile Photo
JP2
#31Guess who Barbra has talked to for the part of Herbie?
Posted: 5/26/11 at 6:49pm

What's the special effects budget for this film?

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#32Guess who Barbra has talked to for the part of Herbie?
Posted: 5/26/11 at 6:54pm

Good question. I just hope it's in 3D.

egghumor Profile Photo
egghumor
#33Guess who Barbra has talked to for the part of Herbie?
Posted: 5/26/11 at 7:06pm

Oh, you poor pupil, pulzeeze! The joke obviously went way over your head.

Will someone kindly enlighten this child as to the meaning of the Yiddish joke.

Hint to pupil: the second joke was about Barbra, not Laurents.

and pupil, if you really want to get upset on Laurents' behalf check the RIP thread about him.

Updated On: 5/26/11 at 07:06 PM

ReggieonBway Profile Photo
ReggieonBway
#34Guess who Barbra has talked to for the part of Herbie?
Posted: 5/26/11 at 7:17pm

'But June needs to be black since black people watch GLEE.'

Way to completely miss my point. I never said I liked Lea Michele. I said she was a likely casting choice.

Jordan Catalano
#35Guess who Barbra has talked to for the part of Herbie?
Posted: 5/26/11 at 7:25pm

Right. Because she's on GLEE and some people who watch GLEE will go see this film so she's the right choice.

ReggieonBway Profile Photo
ReggieonBway
#36Guess who Barbra has talked to for the part of Herbie?
Posted: 5/26/11 at 7:35pm

Oh, cut the sarcasm, you know what I mean. Kids (under 21) will go see the movie if she's in it, regardless of whether or not they actually watch Glee.

Musicals are - thanks to shows like Glee - starting to regain popularity. Lea Michele is connected to one of the biggest current national outlets of 'musical theatre'. Does it make her the RIGHT choice? Maybe, maybe not - we'll have to see if she gets it - but she is a likely casting choice. That's all I'm saying.

GlindatheGood22  Profile Photo
GlindatheGood22
#37Guess who Barbra has talked to for the part of Herbie?
Posted: 5/26/11 at 8:00pm

In a related story, the role of Tulsa will be played by Justin Bieber.

I know you. I know you. I know you.

husk_charmer
#38Guess who Barbra has talked to for the part of Herbie?
Posted: 5/26/11 at 8:09pm

^ I Approve

Jordan Catalano
#39Guess who Barbra has talked to for the part of Herbie?
Posted: 5/26/11 at 8:13pm

"Oh, cut the sarcasm, you know what I mean"

Yeah, I do know what you mean because you said it yourself. That Lea Michele is a good choice because people who watch GLEE will see this movie. While that may be true, the same 85 year old people who watch CSI: Miami will go see GYPSY, so David Caruso is the right choice for Herbie.

I get what your point was. What I'm saying is that it's a ridiculous point. Just because an audience watches two different things that doesn't mean there needs to be a common thread (or person) in them to make said people feel good. I'm sick to death of Lea Michele's weekly audition on that damn show for the role of Fanny Bryce and the last thing I want to do is see Barbra Jr. next to the real thing hamming it up and overacting for 3 hours until she opens her ginormous trout mouth and says she's a pretty girl which will elicit roaring laughter from the audience.

egghumor Profile Photo
egghumor
#40Guess who Barbra has talked to for the part of Herbie?
Posted: 5/26/11 at 8:14pm

husk_charmer, of what, exactly?
Updated On: 5/26/11 at 08:14 PM

Jordan Catalano
#41Guess who Barbra has talked to for the part of Herbie?
Posted: 5/26/11 at 8:17pm

what of what?

husk_charmer
#42Guess who Barbra has talked to for the part of Herbie?
Posted: 5/26/11 at 9:23pm

egghumor-
Of the idea of casting Beiber as Tulsa. Anything that gets rid of him, gets my approval.

TalkinLoud Profile Photo
TalkinLoud
#43Guess who Barbra has talked to for the part of Herbie?
Posted: 5/26/11 at 9:39pm

ReggieonBway hit it on the head.

And the role of Barbra's daughter in a musical movie? Obviously Lea's going to be brought up.

Jordan Catalano
#44Guess who Barbra has talked to for the part of Herbie?
Posted: 5/26/11 at 9:46pm

Why is she "obviously" going to be brought up?

egghumor Profile Photo
egghumor
#45Guess who Barbra has talked to for the part of Herbie?
Posted: 5/26/11 at 10:10pm

I'm with JC on this one. If anything, Streisand has probably included in her pre-production contract a clause that no one dare mention the name Lea Michele to her.

The pairing has such a Helen Lawson-Neely O'Hara ring to it.
(younguns, look it up -- better yet, SEE IT!)
Updated On: 5/26/11 at 10:10 PM

My Oh My Profile Photo
My Oh My
#46Guess who Barbra has talked to for the part of Herbie?
Posted: 5/26/11 at 10:25pm

Hahaha. These movie-musical casting threads make me testy, but are amusing nonetheless. It seems all that is needed to fulfill what are often-times complex musical theatre roles are celebs with the weakest association with musicals or a character. Jim Carey as Thenardier cause he's funny. Anne Hathaway as---*Fill in any role here*---cos she warbled some ditty on the Oscars. It's like in musicals one-actor-fits-all. Way to cheapen and insult the art form. XD What gets me is these suggestions are sometimes dead serious. I guess Barbra Walters can play Mama Rose cos I once heard her hum some tune on The View.

Recreation of original John Cameron orchestration to "On My Own" by yours truly. Click player below to hear.

Jordan Catalano
#47Guess who Barbra has talked to for the part of Herbie?
Posted: 5/26/11 at 10:26pm

And people who watch The View will see GYPSY so that's perfect casting.

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#48Guess who Barbra has talked to for the part of Herbie?
Posted: 5/26/11 at 10:27pm

If they were trying to make Gypsy for the Glee crowd in reaction to Gleemania, Chris Colfer would be Mama Rose, not Barbra.

egghumor Profile Photo
egghumor
#49Guess who Barbra has talked to for the part of Herbie?
Posted: 5/26/11 at 10:32pm

My Oh My, I certainly didn't endorse the idea of Ms. Hathaway because of her Oscar showing, but rather because of her performance in the Encores! production of CARNIVAL a number of years ago. I think she also possesses enough heft as an actress to be a fine Louise; but I also said that Streisand would likely veto her casting, as she is a formiable talent.

If you review LaStreisand's film acting career, I don't find that any other female got much attention/screen time in any of them.